• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Free agents

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're riding the cap increase wave about as aggressively as you can...this yr the projected max cap is $178 mil...up only $9 mil from LY.

I don't see how they will be able to go into 2018 and even fit a draft class, without some major cuts.

It'll all be reworked in time like it always is.

Everyone said the same things last year. They had no money this time last year and managed to add Alshon, Torrey Smith, Blount, Chris Long, Jernigan and the contract's of Ronald Darby and Ajayi. And they didn't lose anybody.

Now sure they added longer contracts for Jernigan and Alshon and that will absorb some of the maneuvering space, but there is always maneuvering space. As we learn each year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or sign both. If Keenum wins the SuperBowl, at home, they'd have to pay the man to stay.

I think Teddy is more physically talented. And I'd imagine is more of a fan favorite. Coaching Staff and Rick Spielman already selected him once, I just see them doing it again.

Not sure who will be coveted more on the open market. Teddy has been out so long only Minny really knows where he's at recovery wise.

Ive heard whispers that Bridgewater still doesnt look right, and there are at least some wondering if he ever will

That, on top of me personally never thinking he was anything special......Just not a fan of that type of risk

But the flipside of that, no matter how well Keenum finishes here, would you really trust your franchise in investing in him as your QB of the future? Not so sure, and Im a fan of a team that needs one

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen thus far, I can't be sold on Cousins being a big difference maker in JAX...not based on stats anyway.

But...he can show me.

You'd be surprised how much of a difference 4% and 26ypg can mean.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum will get paid projected around 4/74:suds:

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen thus far, I can't be sold on Cousins being a big difference maker in JAX...not based on stats anyway.

But...he can show me.
Since their career games played is the same at 62 each, we can use career numbers.
Comp %
Cousins - 65.5%
Bortles - 59.1%

TD's
Cousins - 99
Bortles - 90

INT's
Cousins - 55
Bortles - 64

Yards -
Cousins - 16,206
Bortles - 14928

Rating
Cousins - 93.7
Bortles - 80.8

Sacks
Cousins - 106
Bortles - 164

So, pretty much across the board improvement by the numbers. More important though is the eye test. Anyone who has seen both play knows Cousins is in another catagory. Not Elite, but not average as Bortles is.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jck has a great oline (5th in pass protection) skins dont (24th) since they were the walking wounded all year Stats never tell the whole story:suds:

That's been my point here...DJ is building his case of the JAGs becoming an elite team with Cousins based mostly on stats.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll all be reworked in time like it always is.

Everyone said the same things last year. They had no money this time last year and managed to add Alshon, Torrey Smith, Blount, Chris Long, Jernigan and the contract's of Ronald Darby and Ajayi. And they didn't lose anybody.

Now sure they added longer contracts for Jernigan and Alshon and that will absorb some of the maneuvering space, but there is always maneuvering space. As we learn each year.

Trust me...I've seen this play out.

Idk all the details of the cap obviously, but I understand it enough to know there's no magic dust certain GMs know about and others don't.

They can restructure and move money around, couple that with the increase in the cap, you can skirt the edges for a few yrs as long as you keep your dead money low, but eventually that catches up to every team.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me...I've seen this play out.

Idk all the details of the cap obviously, but I understand it enough to know there's no magic dust certain GMs know about and others don't.

They can restructure and move money around, couple that with the increase in the cap, you can skirt the edges for a few yrs as long as you keep your dead money low, but eventually that catches up to every team.
The Eagles don't have to pay a QB. Makes it even easier

And before that happens the vets making big money will be off the books. There's no cap problem on the horizon they won't be able to deal with. But Eagle fans fret it anyway because they don't understand how easy the cap is to manage. I'll have to find some of my posts from last off-season. No sense in typing it all out again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be surprised how much of a difference 4% and 26ypg can mean.

That's simple math...I'm agreeing that he will throw for more yds. The challenge you have convincing me Cousins will make JAX an elite team is not in numbers.

My argument against, is not grounded in Cousins, but the OFC cast overall.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles don't have to pay a QB. Makes it even easier

And before that happens the vets making big money will be off the books. There's no cap problem on the horizon they won't be able to deal with. But Eagle fans fret it anyway because they don't understand how easy the cap is to manage. I'll have to find some of my posts from last off-season. No sense in typing it all out again.

You don't have to prove it to me...I've seen the Steelers go through a decade of being tight with the cap on the downside of their '07 SB season...all those big money extensions.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since their career games played is the same at 62 each, we can use career numbers.
Comp %
Cousins - 65.5%
Bortles - 59.1%

TD's
Cousins - 99
Bortles - 90

INT's
Cousins - 55
Bortles - 64

Yards -
Cousins - 16,206
Bortles - 14928

Rating
Cousins - 93.7
Bortles - 80.8

Sacks
Cousins - 106
Bortles - 164

So, pretty much across the board improvement by the numbers. More important though is the eye test. Anyone who has seen both play knows Cousins is in another catagory. Not Elite, but not average as Bortles is.

I'm not comparing Cousins with Bortles...I'm responding to a post that felt like Cousins makes JAX an elite OFC. I don't think he does.

Cousins reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan...he's accurate so in this era of the NFL, he's going to get you 4000 yds every season...but the Falcons didn't start winning meaningful games until he got better talent around him. JAX OFC talent outside of Fournette...off the cuff, can you name anybody else?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive heard whispers that Bridgewater still doesnt look right, and there are at least some wondering if he ever will

That, on top of me personally never thinking he was anything special......Just not a fan of that type of risk

But the flipside of that, no matter how well Keenum finishes here, would you really trust your franchise in investing in him as your QB of the future? Not so sure, and Im a fan of a team that needs one
Minnesota has spent three of their last six first round picks on QBs. (Ponder, Teddy and Sam via trade). And they're starting Case Keenum.

I don't see either CK or TB being highly sought after on the open market really. Not with prolly five QBs going in the first round(maybe) and a possibility at the best FA group of QBs ever.

I'd take Eli next year over both of them. But I'd also take Eli over most QBs that were starters around the league this year. And a lot that will become starters next year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota has spent three of their last six first round picks on QBs. (Ponder, Teddy and Sam via trade). And they're starting Case Keenum.

I don't see either CK or TB being highly sought after on the open market really. Not with prolly five QBs going in the first round(maybe) and a possibility at the best FA group of QBs ever.

I'd take Eli next year over both of them. But I'd also take Eli over most QBs that were starters around the league this year. And a lot that will become starters next year.

Im in love with Ponders wife

Kidnap possible

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not comparing Cousins with Bortles...I'm responding to a post that felt like Cousins makes JAX an elite OFC. I don't think he does.

Cousins reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan...he's accurate so in this era of the NFL, he's going to get you 4000 yds every season...but the Falcons didn't start winning meaningful games until he got better talent around him. JAX OFC talent outside of Fournette...off the cuff, can you name anybody else?
Westbrook is a stud.

Marquis Lee is not.

JVille has a lot of talent on offense. Like their first round RB and their second round RB from the year before. Those decisions make it hard to improve an offense.

Lewis has been manning a spot for over a decade. That's a first rounder who's done his job.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is a stud.

Marquis Lee is not.

JVille has a lot of talent on offense. Like their first round RB and their second round RB from the year before. Those decisions make it hard to improve an offense.

Lewis has been manning a spot for over a decade. That's a first rounder who's done his job.

Yup, Westbrook is gonna be really good with the right guy

As much as everyone wants it to be Eli or Cousins, I really think Alex Smith is perfect for what that team is

They need a QB that wont kill them with mistakes, and can be counted on from time to time to win them game, I think Smith is perfect

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize that all 3 Vikings QBs are FAs. That is going to hurt