• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 for next year

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as tonight's game is over, the Top 25 for next year is going to be plastered across every media on the internet.

So, before that, for some who are more regulars here, let's hear your Top 5 for next year. It's tricky for sure next year. Wide open once again.

Here's mine...

1. Michigan State - return the core of what I thought was the best team in the Final 4
2. Kentucky
3. Kansas - yes, they sucked but the good part of that is wont lose much to the NBA
4. Florida State - Is this nuts? They lose a little but have so much depth
5. Michigan - lose Matthews but I think return every thing else. Think they're much better than they showed in their last game.

Think UVA loses Hunter and Jerome. Tennessee loses Williams. Anybody else who even is expected to sniff the first round is gone.

Class of 2019 top recruits have chosen non-traditional powers which will also create a lot more parity.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as tonight's game is over, the Top 25 for next year is going to be plastered across every media on the internet.

So, before that, for some who are more regulars here, let's hear your Top 5 for next year. It's tricky for sure next year. Wide open once again.

Here's mine...

1. Michigan State - return the core of what I thought was the best team in the Final 4
2. Kentucky
3. Kansas - yes, they sucked but the good part of that is wont lose much to the NBA
5. Michigan - lose Matthews but I think return every thing else. Think they're much better than they showed in their last game.

Think UVA loses Hunter and Jerome. Tennessee loses Williams. Anybody else who even is expected to sniff the first round is gone.
Having a healthy Ward and Langford will help. Losing McQuaid is going to be a big loss on both ends of the court. Langford will be a huge upgrade over Goins.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a healthy Ward and Langford will help. Losing McQuaid is going to be a big loss on both ends of the court. Langford will be a huge upgrade over Goins.

I think Michigan State is easy #1 next year. Almost won the title in a strong year, and return most of the key pieces in what will be a weak year next year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's mine...

2. Kentucky

Class of 2019 top recruits have chosen non-traditional powers which will also create a lot more parity.

I don’t think Jerome leaves for certain.

If they have him and Guy back, they may be #1

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Jerome leaves for certain.

If they have him and Guy back, they may be #1

They lose Salt too. It's just a lot. Top 5 I can see, but #1 is a stretch in my mind.

Marquette is the only team near the current Top 25 that loses pretty much nothing. They're going to be high, let's see if they can make it work.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lose Salt too. It's just a lot. Top 5 I can see, but #1 is a stretch in my mind.

Marquette is the only team near the current Top 25 that loses pretty much nothing. They're going to be high, let's see if they can make it work.

Jerome, Guy, Diakite, Key and Clarke would be a great foundation tho.

Agreed on marquette. This year ended disappointing but that’s because we peaked early, next year was always the year. Sporting news has us 7th(a little bold). Not sure what Markus does yet either.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's mine...

2. Kentucky

I'd agree with those five...and might throw Virginia in there too.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Salt has been virtually invisible this tourney. His loss will have minimal effect.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Kentucky - Lose Washington, Travis and probably Johnson. I think Herro should/will return along with Hagans. Bring in a great class as usual, but having that backcourt with another year of experience will be huge.

2. Michigan State - I don't think losing McQuaid or Goins is that big of a loss, getting Langford back is huge and all the freshman will have a year of experience.

3. Virginia - Losing Hunter will be huge. I'm assuming Jerome and Guy return. Wouldn't surprise me if they landed a great grad transfer to help with losing Hunter.

4. Marquette - return everyone, McEwen is eligible. Will have a ton of firepower offensively. Two deep at every position, basically.

5. Oregon - Return everyone except White. Bring in a top recruiting class again. Should be the heavy favorite in the Pac 12.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Kentucky - Lose Washington, Travis and probably Johnson. I think Herro should/will return along with Hagans. Bring in a great class as usual, but having that backcourt with another year of experience will be huge.

2. Michigan State - I don't think losing McQuaid or Goins is that big of a loss, getting Langford back is huge and all the freshman will have a year of experience.

3. Virginia - Losing Hunter will be huge. I'm assuming Jerome and Guy return. Wouldn't surprise me if they landed a great grad transfer to help with losing Hunter.

4. Marquette - return everyone, McEwen is eligible. Will have a ton of firepower offensively. Two deep at every position, basically.

5. Oregon - Return everyone except White. Bring in a top recruiting class again. Should be the heavy favorite in the Pac 12.

I think 4 is a little high right now just because we gotta see 1. If Markus returns and 2. How we adujust things like Markus ball handling, Joeys freshman wall and awfully slow feet and Theos gambling for blocks but we definitely have the potential to be the deepest in the country.

Like I said above sporting news does have MU 7th and that’s while listing us as bringing in “0 top 100” players. What we are gaining in McEwen and Elliot is more than just about any non Zion type recruit could bring for just next year. And casuals might not pick up on that.

Also, if Markus does leave. Symir Torrence is 100% reclassifying(might anyways). So even if we lose Markus we will still be good just not as explosive.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oregon still in the running for Cole Anthony and if they get him, they are Top 5 next year.

I assumed he'd be going to UNC, but UNC actually has a ton of holes next year. He many opt for Oregon.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of top 25 type teams returning quite a bit of talent so should be a great year . If go MSU, Kentucky , UVA, Michigan for sure . After that there are about 10 yeams I could see depending on who leaves and where uncommitted guys end up ( FSU, Marquette , Oregon , Maryland , UNC, Kansas , Iowa, Nova )

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 4 is a little high right now just because we gotta see 1. If Markus returns and 2. How we adujust things like Markus ball handling, Joeys freshman wall and awfully slow feet and Theos gambling for blocks but we definitely have the potential to be the deepest in the country.

Like I said above sporting news does have MU 7th and that’s while listing us as bringing in “0 top 100” players. What we are gaining in McEwen and Elliot is more than just about any non Zion type recruit could bring for just next year. And casuals might not pick up on that.

Also, if Markus does leave. Symir Torrence is 100% reclassifying(might anyways). So even if we lose Markus we will still be good just not as explosive.

Yeah, I love MU's roster next year. You guys were a top 12 team basically all year until March and everyone comes back plus the addition of McEwen. Marquette will have ridiculous depth.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon still in the running for Cole Anthony and if they get him, they are Top 5 next year.

I assumed he'd be going to UNC, but UNC actually has a ton of holes next year. He many opt for Oregon.

Yeah UNC loses a ton. Maye, Williams, Johnson, Little and White. I assumed he would go to UNC too to take over at pg but he said he wanted to go somewhere he could win. As crazy as it is not sure UNC is that team next season. They are going to have to depend on a bunch of role players in bigger roles.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Kentucky
2. Michigan State
3. Michigan
4. Duke
5. Florida State

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gonzaga somehow gets both Rui and Clarke back (I expect both to leave but wouldn’t be shocked if one came back), they’re Top 5 good again.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so sure…we whipped the tar ought of this team twice this year.

THE PAC WILL BE BACK!

It's a little bit out on a limb. Depends on if all their guys come back.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so sure…we whipped the tar ought of this team twice this year.

THE PAC WILL BE BACK!

Really depends on Wooten and King. If both return, Oregon will be favored to win the conference.