• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 111 FAs this winter

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strike Zone: Top 111 Free Agents - Fantasy Columns

Interesting read. The writer states that the rankings are what would likely be perceived to be the priciest contracts as opposed to his own personal rankings. He also excluded placing anyone on the list whose option will undoubtedly be exercised.

The question for us Sox diehards is which of the higher ranked FAs will management pursue. It has been pretty much agreed by all that our greatest needs are as follows:

SP
DH
OF
BP

Not every spot will necessarily be filled, at least not with high end FAs. But it does present an interesting list for Hahn and Co to mull over and selectively target.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of us hoping JD Martinez would opt out, sorry, it ain't gonna happen. He's sticking with the Red Sox. Too bad, I was hoping we had a shot at landing him.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of us hoping JD Martinez would opt out, sorry, it ain't gonna happen. He's sticking with the Red Sox. Too bad, I was hoping we had a shot at landing him.

"J.D. has advised me that his decision is about assuring that he plays for a competitive team and wanting to continue to play in a place where he knows that he can be highly productive," Scott Boras, Martinez's agent, told The Boston Globe.”

This could be a veiled shot at us. Probably not but I wouldn’t put it past considering our history with Boras and how all kinds of media were placing Martinez and us as an ideal match.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"J.D. has advised me that his decision is about assuring that he plays for a competitive team and wanting to continue to play in a place where he knows that he can be highly productive," Scott Boras, Martinez's agent, told The Boston Globe.”

This could be a veiled shot at us. Probably not but I wouldn’t put it past considering our history with Boras and how all kinds of media were placing Martinez and us as an ideal match.
Not sure it was meant directly at us as much as Boras might have been putting feelers out there and determined that his client might not be offered a better deal than the one he was going to opt out of. Boras is many things but stupid is not one of them.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it was meant directly at us as much as Boras might have been putting feelers out there and determined that his client might not be offered a better deal than the one he was going to opt out of. Boras is many things but stupid is not one of them.

We have no chance in a "top bidder wins the prize" scenario...sadly, that's like 95% of scenarios...but my understanding is that because this guy didn't play the field that his options were pretty limited, leaving us an opening. Either way, it looks not to be happening now. On one level I guess I can kinda be ok with Martinez not being the largest contract in White Sox history. Machado would have made more sense for that distinction from a "superstar standpoint" even if he wasn't a homegrown guy.

On to plan B...which will be to destroy the fans who are hoping for one of the top pitchers available. Yeah buddy.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no chance in a "top bidder wins the prize" scenario...sadly, that's like 95% of scenarios...but my understanding is that because this guy didn't play the field that his options were pretty limited, leaving us an opening. Either way, it looks not to be happening now. On one level I guess I can kinda be ok with Martinez not being the largest contract in White Sox history. Machado would have made more sense for that distinction from a "superstar standpoint" even if he wasn't a homegrown guy.

On to plan B...which will be to destroy the fans who are hoping for one of the top pitchers available. Yeah buddy.

LOL, you're a hoot. But in that hilarity lies a bit of truth, as there are indeed going to be a lot of fans who will decry the cheapskateness of the Sox if/when they fail to land a big name player they have targeted due to being outspent (my brother is one of them).