• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 100 players for dynasty leagues - ESPN Insider

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's exactly what you'd be doing with either luck or Rodgers..and you'd be set for those next 5 as well.

But youre right, with 14 teams your garaunteed to be weak somewhere, unless you murder the mid-late rounds and hit a lot more than you miss. .I guess I like the safety I'd locking up that one position, no more worries there. .for a LONG time

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's exactly what you'd be doing with either luck or Rodgers..and you'd be set for those next 5 as well.

But youre right, with 14 teams your garaunteed to be weak somewhere, unless you murder the mid-late rounds and hit a lot more than you miss. .I guess I like the safety I'd locking up that one position, no more worries there. .for a LONG time

I could be wrong as someone who has never done a dynasty before... But I think the best strategy is to play for this and next season on draft day, and then make trades and in season moves to worry about the future

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong as someone who has never done a dynasty before... But I think the best strategy is to play for this and next season on draft day, and then make trades and in season moves to worry about the future
I'm more of a dabbler not a do-er, when it comes to trades, especially in season. If I do more than 1-2, I'd be shocked, that or it means I sucked big time and am trying to load up for the future

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never played Dynasty either, but picking a Luck or Rogers and your set both short and long term, so to me that's the best way to go. WRs are easy to find and RBs are a gamble, a QB is hard to find and the top 2 are money in the bank.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, a dynasty is as close as your going to get to playing real life GM..and what's the single most important thing an NFL GM wants? A franchise QB...makes sense to me that it would apply here as well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more of a dabbler not a do-er, when it comes to trades, especially in season. If I do more than 1-2, I'd be shocked, that or it means I sucked big time and am trying to load up for the future
Yeah, but you never run into a wheeler dealer like Chef before I would guess. He's going to tempt you over and over.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOW is eddie lacy so low... that makes no sense... I feel like it is a huge MISTAKE in all keeper/dynasty leagues to look too far into the future...
Wide receivers last longer than RBs. Lacy has also had injury issues that aren't bad, but have limited his physical capabilities. He still played most games and played well, but those injuries are going to take their toll.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think I could go QB with the first pick, no matter who the QB is, I just think you would be starting from a disadvantage in both RB and WR... and with so many picks in between your first and second pick, you have to pretty much expect to be weak in at least one of those positions... Yes, you would have the best QB in luck, but I feel like the team that gets Rodgers has a significant advantage for the next couple of seasons... And any future after the 3-5 seasons is already too unpredictable to ever draft for...

I am a strong believer that drafting for 5 years in advanced is a bad strategy, so I would rather draft for the immediate future(this season and next 2 at most)...

I don't like the term "disadvantage". Didn't you win the Barbarians league by going the no RB draft route? Drafting Luck has nothing to do with disadvantages or advantages. The way you build your team and utilize your matchups is what matters.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you never run into a wheeler dealer like Chef before I would guess. He's going to tempt you over and over.

Haha, Treff has done baseball with me for 3 years now, he knows how I roll. And I daresay that TKO is much more of a wheeler dealer than I am...you will see. ;)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@iowajerms - Thanks for posting this, fun stuff to look at! :)

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait till Chef hounds you. you will bow to the bombardment

Get em Chef bust through and see what's what behind enemy lines

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait till Chef hounds you. you will bow to the bombardment

Get em Chef bust through and see what's what behind enemy lines
Apparently I don't draft the right baseball guys, cuz, Chef and I still haven't made a deal after 2+ seasons over there

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I don't draft the right baseball guys, cuz, Chef and I still haven't made a deal after 2+ seasons over there
Your teams must always be rock solid.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your teams must always be rock solid.
Ha. Actually they're always exceptionally mediocre. I'm the definition of not too bad in baseball. I make the playoffs and have early exits each and every year. I guess an optimist would say that's rock solid