• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 100 NFL Players According To The Players

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not that bothered with it. Mahomes should have been #1 either in 2019 or 2020 but the players seem to have a moving criteria. Mahomes is 2-0 against Jackson and beat the team that beat him in the playoffs last year. Thats all I care about. Mahomes can still get better so if he has something to motivate him then that works for me.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff wins and success plays a role but a small role, it isn't discussed for any position except a QB but in the end, it's still a team game. Lamar relying on his legs more than the average QB, as well as this trend not working out for most QB's in the past, is why he is below Mahomes and Wilson for me. Athleticism is great but there is a reason most or all great QB's are pocket passers with great footwork first of all, of course guys like Rodgers and Young who can work outside the pocket only helps but I want to see more than one year of success. That being said, Lamar as already proved me wrong..lets see more though before we crown him the best player in the NFL.

Nobody is saying that Lamar is better than Mahomes or Wilson, he just had a better regular season, which the voting was based on. If Mahomes didn't get injured , he probably would have been selected #1. Lamar threw for 10 more tds with only 1 more int and rushed for 5 more tds

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying that Lamar is better than Mahomes or Wilson, he just had a better regular season, which the voting was based on. If Mahomes didn't get injured , he probably would have been selected #1. Lamar threw for 10 more tds with only 1 more int and rushed for 5 more tds

I feel voting shouldn't account for one season...and it shouldn't.

So if a player was shitty for 3 seasons in a row and had a great all-time season one year...he should be #1 over a player that consistently produces at high level. I still don't buy it. Mahomes and Wilson are not only better but they deserve be higher on the list. Why? Because they can and will duplicate a great season...too many questions for Lamar? I just hope I am not wrong again :laugh3:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if a player was shitty for 3 seasons in a row and had a great all-time season one year...he should be #1 over a player that consistently produces at high level. I still don't buy it. Mahomes and Wilson are not only better but they deserve be higher on the list. Why? Because they can and will duplicate a great season...too many questions for Lamar? I just hope I am not wrong again :laugh3:
Derrick Henry was only ranked #10 so there is definitely a small weight on career. If it was purely based on season then Henry would have been at least a couple of spots higher.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok but Mahomes has only played 2 full seasons ( 2 games missed) he had the best rookie season ever with 50 tds and 5 k yards, he played 14 games this past season and threw 26 tds. Wilson has played at a high level his entire 8 season career, along with 2 SB appreances to boot. Again its voted by the players per individual season, and a lot of these guys haven't been around a long time themselves, it's not for the HOF. The voters picked Lamar unanimous MVP , so the players doing the same isn't really shocking in my opinion.

I heard the other day that Larry Fitz was the only non QB that has made the list every season that it has been going on, kudos to him.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you need to be a hip hopper like Wilson and Donald, only reason they were voted #2 and #3

^^^^ This made me laugh.

I agree with those who say popularity definitely factors into it, but aside from his rushing yards which were impressive, he was fourth in the NFL in rushing for 1st downs and his rushing average led the league. He was also #3 in the league in QB rating, led the NFL with 36 TD passes and a 9.0% on TD % with a INT % of 1.5% was is pretty damn impressive as well.

From a numbers aspect, Jackson being the #1 ranked QB/player isn't crazy over even eye opening really. And its just for 2019. It'll be interesting to see if Jackson can come close to those same numbers in the next full NFL season.

Nobody has any problems with Michael Thomas @ 5, C-Mac @ 6, Kittle @ 7 and Gilmore @ 9.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but Mahomes has only played 2 full seasons ( 2 games missed) he had the best rookie season ever with 50 tds and 5 k yards, he played 14 games this past season and threw 26 tds. Wilson has played at a high level his entire 8 season career, along with 2 SB appreances to boot. Again its voted by the players per individual season, and a lot of these guys haven't been around a long time themselves, it's not for the HOF. The voters picked Lamar unanimous MVP , so the players doing the same isn't really shocking in my opinion.

I heard the other day that Larry Fitz was the only non QB that has made the list every season that it has been going on, kudos to him.

Point of contention. Mahomes threw 50 TDs and 5 k yards his 2nd season. He rode the bench behind Alex Smith his rookie year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point of contention. Mahomes threw 50 TDs and 5 k yards his 2nd season. He rode the bench behind Alex Smith his rookie year.
I'm actually a firm believer that Mahomes sitting on the bench and watching teams shut down Alex Smith in the 2nd half of the season (after being in the MVP race in the first half) was helpful to Mahomes development. Mahomes processes defenses way better than Smith (despite admitting otherwise) on top of his ability to extend plays. If it was just the latter than the Chiefs wouldn't have won the Super Bowl last year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3