• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 100 board 2022

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think draft grades for Wes Welker went the same way.

However, you have to compare the pro careers of Welker and Myers versus all the "hidden gems" who had mediocre draft stats after compiling highlight reel type college careers. Are Welker and Meyers rare ones who exceled or are drafts rife with exceptions?
I don't know. He was on my radar before the draft. I had great hopes for Jakobi.
Jakobi had broken the all time receiving record for NC State.
I was dumbfounded when he went undrafted. Still am.
I was thrilled when NE signed him the day after the draft.

"In what was ultimately his final season at NC State, Meyers had 92 receptions for 1,047 yards and 4 touchdowns. The 92 receptions broke Holt’s record for receptions in a single season at NC State."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. He was on my radar before the draft. I had great hopes for Jakobi.
Jakobi had broken the all time receiving record for NC State.
I was dumbfounded when he went undrafted. Still am.
I was thrilled when NE signed him the day after the draft.

"In what was ultimately his final season at NC State, Meyers had 92 receptions for 1,047 yards and 4 touchdowns. The 92 receptions broke Holt’s record for receptions in a single season at NC State."
Don't discount the blind squirrel theory here. You watched him and saw great promise, but many others have seen similar promise in players who never succeeded. This is no insult to you. There's no doubt your eyes were correct, it's just that succeeding at the NFL level isn't as apparent as it may seem.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is that he is being graded harder because of small school.
I think that draft guys are struggling with too many players to look at and emphasis on big name schools.
This is a great point. Rather than struggling, I think "mired" with big schools and big bowl game names.

The perfect example is Brady. Guy becomes the GOAT but wasn't picked for 199 spots.

Meyers was a QB, Edelman was a QB and neither considered much by the 'experts'.

Do we place too much importance on Combine numbers and forget HOW WELL they played the actual game?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an expression when someone excels despite expectations: "Exception to the rule"...

Do you re-write all rules when there's an exception or wait until there are so many exceptions the rules no longer apply?

Brady was an exception to the rule that skinny slow kids with average arms are not ideal QB candidates. Did teams start drafting every tall, skinny, slow average armed QB eligible?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an expression when someone excels despite expectations: "Exception to the rule"...

Do you re-write all rules when there's an exception or wait until there are so many exceptions the rules no longer apply?

Brady was an exception to the rule that skinny slow kids with average arms are not ideal QB candidates. Did teams start drafting every tall, skinny, slow average armed QB eligible?
These are good thoughts.
I will say that excellent athletes with a huge amount of drive, are not "exceptions to the rule"
Sometimes people making the decisions are wrong, It also happens all the time.
Every year we make judgements about players. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes you're right. Rarely, we are both right.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have other holes to fill. Depending on how the draft plays out and where I have White on my big board I'd have to play it by ear.

We have a decent RB stable, I'm not that concerned.

"Cook could be an option for the Patriots, as Damien Harris enters a contract year. Depth is also a concern for the position. James White is recovering from a hip injury. Brandon Bolden left for Las Vegas via free agency. Newcomer Ty Montgomery is no sure thing to make the roster. With a few moving parts at the running back position, Cook could be a viable option to work with Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, White and Montgomery."

If we got Cook, I'd cut Montgomery that day. Might even trade James White after this season.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Cook could be an option for the Patriots, as Damien Harris enters a contract year. Depth is also a concern for the position. James White is recovering from a hip injury. Brandon Bolden left for Las Vegas via free agency. Newcomer Ty Montgomery is no sure thing to make the roster. With a few moving parts at the running back position, Cook could be a viable option to work with Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, White and Montgomery."

If we got Cook, I'd cut Montgomery that day. Might even trade James White after this season.
I would love to see Cook in a Pats Uni

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Cook in a Pats Uni
Some NE posters think we don't have a need at RB. We will soon. This RB could be a rare starter for offense.
He certainly won't have the knowledge of James White but White, Montgomery, and Harris may all be gone soon.
We "moved" Michel and Bolden already. The handwriting is on the wall, IMHO.
I believe he has what it takes to be next in a long line of Patriots 3rd down RB's.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some NE posters think we don't have a need at RB. We will soon. This RB could be a rare starter for offense.
He certainly won't have the knowledge of James White but White, Montgomery, and Harris may all be gone soon.
We "moved" Michel and Bolden already. The handwriting is on the wall, IMHO.
I believe he has what it takes to be next in a long line of Patriots 3rd down RB's.
Oh there is a need for a pass catching RB in this offense. BB will often take best player available especially is he feels there may be a need or if that player fits a scheme if he is available in a mid round and we pass I think it's a mistake

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some NE posters think we don't have a need at RB.
That's me and I don't think we have an immediate need. No question that Harris will get overwhelmed and most likely move to another team next year. It'll be difficult for him to turn down a lucrative contract elsewhere. BB is not going to dump a huge load of cash at his feet.

If Cook is available in the the third round, it would be foolish to pass on him. I think someone will jump on him in the late first or early second.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here IMO is a kid off most teams radar that can be a late pick and I think play in this league

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They still have JJ Taylor which we are not sure if he can be effective or not?
Ozigbo has been on the PS as well.

Do I think either are the answer? No, probably not. But it is depth.

I'm not against picking up Cook or Rachaad White, it all depends on who is still available at that time.

Using a 4th, in this draft I think is not the wisest move. You can always find serviceable RBs later in the draft, trade or FA. I just want one that can block.

Not sure what James White's value is going to be after this year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's me and I don't think we have an immediate need. No question that Harris will get overwhelmed and most likely move to another team next year. It'll be difficult for him to turn down a lucrative contract elsewhere. BB is not going to dump a huge load of cash at his feet.

If Cook is available in the the third round, it would be foolish to pass on him. I think someone will jump on him in the late first or early second.
I don't know I've seen mocks that have Rachaad White going #145 and #189 for James Cook.

RBs are a crap shoot and often injured. That's why I like waiting till the 5th unless you are really sure about that pick earlier.