• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 100 board 2022

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted the Top 100 board last year before the draft.
Revisited after the draft and NE drafted every player off the list until our 6th round pick. It turned out to be a superior draft, when we stayed closer to consensus.
using a current board from same website.
I compared 2 of these but posted the same because they did pretty well last year.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want;
Jordon Davis
Daniel Faalele
Christian Watson

I'll be happy.

Oh, and that little CB that's a feisty fucker, great kick returner.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots only have three picks in the top 100

If they got the players listed at those spots,
  • Round 1: 21st overall -
  • 21. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn (6-0, 190 pounds)​

• Round 2: 54th overall -
  • 54. Isaiah Spiller, RB, Texas A&M (6-1, 215 pounds)​

• Round 3: 85th overall -
  • 85. Tykee Smith, S, Georgia (5-10, 198 pounds)​

I don't think that all of them fit. I do like McCreary,

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see BB taking a RB with the 2nd pick.

I also think he trades down his #1 or #2 since it's a talented draft where NE needs fixing.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sitll think BB trades out a 21

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want;
Jordon Davis
Daniel Faalele
Christian Watson

I'll be happy.

Oh, and that little CB that's a feisty fucker, great kick returner.
Davis is a freak athlete with size. He had poor stats this year;
After Georgia excelled last year he rose from 4th rated NT to 1st.
He is going to be over-drafted because of Georgia - we won't be able to afford to move up to get him.
Many scouts have him going in the 2nd but teams will have stars in their eyes.

Faalele rank is all over the board. No telling where he will go
Watson should be available?
That little feisty fucker will be gone at least 2 rounds "too early"
Can you imagine Davis lining up across from Onwenu in practice? The rest of the Patriots would stop to watch this!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you take a RB in the 4th or 5th?

Rachaad White - 5th?​

James Cook - 4th?
I think we have other holes to fill. Depending on how the draft plays out and where I have White on my big board I'd have to play it by ear.

We have a decent RB stable, I'm not that concerned.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have other holes to fill. Depending on how the draft plays out and where I have White on my big board I'd have to play it by ear.

We have a decent RB stable, I'm not that concerned.
Agreed, but if Cook fell to us in the 4th, I'd have a hard time passing on a long term answer for 3rd down back.
Now id Belichick thinks Rhamondre's rookie hands are really that good, we don't have a short term need at RB

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but if Cook fell to us in the 4th, I'd have a hard time passing on a long term answer for 3rd down back.
Now id Belichick thinks Rhamondre's rookie hands are really that good, we don't have a short term need at RB
James White is also due back.

With the other holes on this team, I go there first. We can use DB, LB, OL and DLs.

I think you can always find a durable enough 3rd down back thru FA or trade. Granted we had White who could run exceptional routes and Brady who could put it where White was going. Going to be tough to duplicate that tandem.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James White is also due back.

With the other holes on this team, I go there first. We can use DB, LB, OL and DLs.

I think you can always find a durable enough 3rd down back thru FA or trade. Granted we had White who could run exceptional routes and Brady who could put it where White was going. Going to be tough to duplicate that tandem.
Mac was syncing with White very well before his injury. He's not getting any younger.
We could lose White and Damen Harris next year.
3rd down backs that fit the Patriots, show up every 3 years. I say if one falls to you, grab him!
Yes we have more important needs. Guards late in the draft are virtually identical to early picks.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac was syncing with White very well before his injury. He's not getting any younger.
We could lose White and Damen Harris next year.
3rd down backs that fit the Patriots, show up every 3 years. I say if one falls to you, grab him!
Yes we have more important needs. Guards late in the draft are virtually identical to early picks.
I don't think Cook or White will be there in the 5th?
I'd look at White in the 5th but have to see how our board is playing out.

At this point, not knowing how it plays out... I'd prefer say Ingram from USC with one of our 6th round picks. He's a big bruising type back, decent speed and good hands.

This class has a lot of RBs that will go between the 4th and 6th rounds I think?

Hard to speculate at this point. BB and team will do their due dilligence I'm sure and if the right guy is there I think they take him in the 5th or 6th.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is a freak athlete with size. He had poor stats this year;
After Georgia excelled last year he rose from 4th rated NT to 1st.
He is going to be over-drafted because of Georgia - we won't be able to afford to move up to get him.
Many scouts have him going in the 2nd but teams will have stars in their eyes.

Faalele rank is all over the board. No telling where he will go
Watson should be available?
That little feisty fucker will be gone at least 2 rounds "too early"
Can you imagine Davis lining up across from Onwenu in practice? The rest of the Patriots would stop to watch this!
How about this guy?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shakir would be a great fit. Give him a year or so to play and learn and he'll be a force in 2023.
And then I click on NESN and find this:

A coach’s dream, combining competitive nature, exciting versatility and elite character on and off the field. For a short-armed player with average explosiveness, Shakir puts an emphatic stamp on games. He’s more football player than prototypical slot receiver and needs to prove he can handle an increase in contested catches. He can be activated from a variety of alignments with the vision, wiggle and toughness to move the chains once the ball is in his hands. He finds a way to frequently show up on the notepad when watching tape and his will to outperform the guy across from him should not be overlooked. Shakir should become a valuable piece for a creative play-caller.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this guy?

"He is a better person than a player"
Graded out at 6.18 which trends to eventual starter.

My opinion is that he is being graded harder because of small school.
I think that draft guys are struggling with too many players to look at and emphasis on big name schools.
I see him as an overachiever that a lot of teams are going to wish they drafted him, based on the kind of competitive person he is.
He goes in mid rounds and eventually is a good 32 possession receiver that will help you win by sheer determination.

His 3 cone sucked while his 40 was great. He needs to work less on 40 and more on agility.
Many of this years fast WR 40's are not going to live up to expectations because of the emphasis on speed over agility.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He is a better person than a player"
Graded out at 6.18 which trends to eventual starter.

My opinion is that he is being graded harder because of small school.
I think that draft guys are struggling with too many players to look at and emphasis on big name schools.
I see him as an overachiever that a lot of teams are going to wish they drafted him, based on the kind of competitive person he is.
He goes in mid rounds and eventually is a good 32 possession receiver that will help you win by sheer determination.

His 3 cone sucked while his 40 was great. He needs to work less on 40 and more on agility.
Many of this years fast WR 40's are not going to live up to expectations because of the emphasis on speed over agility.
There is 40 speed and then there is playing speed.
Maybe there is 3 cone agility and then there is playing agility.
He might need that pressure of competition to bring out that determination that raises his reaction time and agility to the next level.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft grade 5.50 . 40 time of 4.63. Not a good athlete. Who's this?
Jakobi Meyers who went undrafted after breaking records at NC State
I think draft grades for Wes Welker went the same way.

However, you have to compare the pro careers of Welker and Myers versus all the "hidden gems" who had mediocre draft stats after compiling highlight reel type college careers. Are Welker and Meyers rare ones who exceled or are drafts rife with exceptions?

There's a reason why both Meyers and Welker went undrafted. There's also a reason why each was signed and given an opportunity.