• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft????

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is this, no matter what you think of the individual players, coming into 2019, the first round has provided:

1 starting LT
1 All Pro S
1 starting LG
1 starting LB
1 starting RT
1 Backup RB

So, the fact is, despite complaints and questions about Seattle’s drafting in the first round, they’ve gotten a starter 5 of the 6 draftees. Hopefully, Collier develops into starter to make it 6 of 7.

You wanna go deeper, you can throw in first round trades netting:

1 Super Bowl KO return & a headache :pound:
1 Pro bowl TE
1 Starting WR
1 Starting S
1 Starting RB
1 Starting TE
3 Backup DE
1 Backup WR
1 Backup S
1 Backup QB
1 Cut OT
1 Cut FB
1 NFI DE

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is this, no matter what you think of the individual players, coming into 2019, the first round has provided:

1 starting LT
1 All Pro S
1 starting LG
1 starting LB
1 starting RT
1 Backup RB

So, the fact is, despite complaints and questions about Seattle’s drafting in the first round, they’ve gotten a starter 5 of the 6 draftees. Hopefully, Collier develops into starter to make it 6 of 7.

1 Pro bowl TE
1 Starting WR
1 Starting S
1 Starting RB
1 Starting TE
3 Backup DE
1 Backup WR
1 Backup S
1 Backup QB
1 Cut OT
1 Cut FB
1 NFI DE

Oh, crap - forgot a couple years and also some years that included trading down and still picking in the first for the second list. Oh well, too late to really complete the list - everyone gets the idea.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 starting LT
1 All Pro S
1 starting LG
1 starting LB
1 starting RT
1 Backup RB

1 Pro bowl TE
1 Starting WR
1 Starting S
1 Starting RB
1 Starting TE
3 Backup DE
1 Backup WR
1 Backup S
1 Backup QB
1 Cut OT
1 Cut FB
1 NFI DE

I will say that collectively our draft picks appear to be extremely hit or miss. I know the draft is a crapshoot but I was scrolling through the previous draft picks under Pete Carroll and JS and there were some guys who I forgot even existed.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung and thomas were good and great picks.

Carpenter was a total bust, i dont consider playing well on other teams to be criteria to claim good drafting.

Ifedi is trash

Penny is a 1st round back, that should mean instant starter. If wee didnt need that, then its a completely wasted pick

Collier has done literally nothing. Is it yoo much to ask that 1st round picks contribute in year one?

For fucks sake, all i want is for them to take a guy that is rated as a 1st rounder. Wait for the guy you want in round 1, take him round 3 where he belongs.

Honestly i believe taking wilson in the 3rd has fucked with their heads. They feel "hey if we think this guy will be a stud we shouldnt wait til round 3 where he belongs, muh russell wilson"

I am really interested in what you think you mean by the bolded/underlined statement above. Unless you have inside information from the 32 teams' scouting departments, you must be referring to talking heads that don't scout players like they might draft them (because they won't) and aren't putting their jobs on the line by making the selections themselves (because it isn't their job).

I'll be honest and say that I am usually hoping that we will take the "highly-rated" prospect in the draft, but its ridiculous for me to think that I know better than the people that actually do it for a living because the concept of a "consensus" 1st rounder, or a guy that is "rated as a 1st rounder" is a fallacy that's been created by the ESPN's and NFL Networks of the world and eaten up and perpetuated by we fans.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of resources out there that will help you identify the consensus 1st round players.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've Seen 2 mocks that have us taking Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge from Penn State,

Would be nice to give Clowney some help IF he sticks around

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In light of our RB issues, I think Zack Moss from Utah would be a good fit on this team in the 4th round.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really interested in what you think you mean by the bolded/underlined statement above. Unless you have inside information from the 32 teams' scouting departments, you must be referring to talking heads that don't scout players like they might draft them (because they won't) and aren't putting their jobs on the line by making the selections themselves (because it isn't their job).

I'll be honest and say that I am usually hoping that we will take the "highly-rated" prospect in the draft, but its ridiculous for me to think that I know better than the people that actually do it for a living because the concept of a "consensus" 1st rounder, or a guy that is "rated as a 1st rounder" is a fallacy that's been created by the ESPN's and NFL Networks of the world and eaten up and perpetuated by we fans.
Be warned: you are putting your brain cells at risk!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have gone over this, taking 3rd rounders in the 1st because you really love them and fear they wont be there in the 3rd is a recipe for disaster.

Our roster is trash because of that.

You could offer your own opinions instead of "durrr whatever pete and john think durrrrr".

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have gone over this, taking 3rd rounders in the 1st because you really love them and fear they wont be there in the 3rd is a recipe for disaster.

Our roster is trash because of that.

You could offer your own opinions instead of "durrr whatever pete and john think durrrrr".

It's a good thing we didn't use your rationale when we drafted Russell Wilson and Wagner... RW was projected a 4th/5th round pick and Wagner a 3rd/4th rounder... Seahawks were criticized for not taking Kirk Cousins instead w/ that 3rd rounder...

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing we didn't use your rationale when we drafted Russell Wilson and Wagner... RW was projected a 4th/5th round pick and Wagner a 3rd/4th rounder... Seahawks were criticized for not taking Kirk Cousins instead w/ that 3rd rounder...

We have a distinct history of reaching in round 1 and suffering because of it. Even our trades with our firsts have been terrible. Harvin was a total bust and graham had one decent year where he wasnt injured.

They are much better at drafting in the later rounds, but I believe that has partly led them to make even more drastic reaches in round one.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a distinct history of reaching in round 1 and suffering because of it. Even our trades with our firsts have been terrible. Harvin was a total bust and graham had one decent year where he wasnt injured.

They are much better at drafting in the later rounds, but I believe that has partly led them to make even more drastic reaches in round one.

True... There is no doubt that they find very good talent in the later rounds... I'd agree, quite a few of their first round decisions (via trade or draft) have for the most part, not panned out...

For example, our DL is crap and our 1st round pick can't even crack the starting lineup or get plenty of reps...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collier was a 3rd round talent, but they liked him so much they convinced themselves they should take him round 1.

They almost took Wilson in round 1, which in hindsight would have still been a great pick but i think that fact is seriously clouding their judgment.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, if we are so inept at drafting, we must have the best coaches in the NFL to be as successful as we have been for the last decade. That sounds like a vote for our HC.
Just so you know, I will take poor drafting with our way above average of wins instead of great drafting with sub average results.
So be it.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot, we arent allowed to criticize, my bad

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle had great success early on when drafting that success has not carried on and i am sorry to say that. Is it the Coaches or the scouting personal? i have a feeling it's the scouting. Here is a article from a the 2018 offseason. It will give some insight on things to people. Also remember this is March of 2018 so those "10 impact players darfted ...well many are not even on the team any more lol.

Looking at the Seattle Seahawks’ recent draft struggles

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot, we arent allowed to criticize, my bad
When you throw your opinion out there in public, you should be prepared for it to get picked apart. If that makes you defensive, then that's your problem.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem is that very few on here are willing to throw out their opinions, and instead stick with "trust pete and john".

Its like a cult

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem is that very few on here are willing to throw out their opinions, and instead stick with "trust pete and john".

Its like a cult

The results Pete and Jon has given us have been really good. With constant playoffs and a couple of SB. So you could say they have earned our trust.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The results Pete and Jon has given us have been really good. With constant playoffs and a couple of SB. So you could say they have earned our trust.

There is a reason no one has ever said, "In Dennis Erickson, We Trust"...