• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft????

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OL has to continue to be a priority. There's a good chance Britt never plays a down in Seattle again, and Iupati is on a 1 year deal and will be a FA after the season. You also have to figure Ifedi is not coming back. That's potentially 3 OL starters that you're replacing. Fant is also set to be a UFA after this season; maybe they bring him back and finally gets the opportunity to start?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a couple secondary pieces and a Finisher (sack guy) for a pass rush is needed.

Never too early to start talking about the draft. Diggs and McDougald look like a good combo at safety and they drafted Blair early so I'd be surprised if they went safety the first round. Griffin is having a career year at CB, but there are needs at the other corner position and definitely nickel.

I think OL has to continue to be a priority. There's a good chance Britt never plays a down in Seattle again, and Iupati is on a 1 year deal and will be a FA after the season. You also have to figure Ifedi is not coming back. That's potentially 3 OL starters that you're replacing. Fant is also set to be a UFA after this season; maybe they bring him back and finally gets the opportunity to start?

I quoted both of these messages because I think offensive line is much more important right now. Britt, Ifedi and Iupati are almost certainly gone after this season. Duane Brown will be 35 next year and isn't playing as well as he has in years past and D.J. Fluker is only on a two year contract. Seahawks definitely have to address this in the draft and look toward 2021 when Brown and Fluker likely won't be on the team.

Other position to consider is defensive line. Clowney might not be re-signed, Ansah has been awful, Collier and Green haven't been too impressive and Jarran Reed also may walk this offseason.

If it were up to me I'd re-sign Clowney, let Reed walk, use a majority of the draft picks on the offensive and defensive lines and add a vet corner or two via free agency and find a vet to take Reed's place at DT.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks right now:

1st round

2nd round

2nd round (lower of two picks between KC Chiefs and SF 49ers)

3rd round (compensatory for losing Earl Thomas)

4th round

4th round (compensatory for losing Justin Coleman)

5th round

5th round (from Steelers)

6th round (compensatory for losing Shamar Stephen)

7th round (compensatory for losing Mike Davis)

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Projected compensatory picks: One apiece in Rounds 3, 4, 6 and 7.
Key free-agent losses: Earl Thomas (Ravens); Justin Coleman (Lions).
Key free-agent additions: Jason Myers (Jets); Mike Iupati (Cardinals).
Comp-pick analysis: The Legion of Boom is completely kaput, with Earl Thomas having departed for Baltimore, but the Seahawks will likely get a third-round comp pick in return. Justin Coleman's contract with the Lions should bring a fourth-round selection, since the addition of Pro Bowl kicker Jason Myers is not on the financial level to cancel out that loss. Shamar Stephen (Vikings) is among the other players who could net Seattle a late-rounder. In the end, I foresee the Seahawks gaining the maximum compensatory picks (four) next offseason.

My hope is that this is the draft we take BPAs with our early picks instead of trading down. Or hell, maybe we even trade up.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks right now:

1st round: OL

2nd round: CB

2nd round (lower of two picks between KC Chiefs and SF 49ers): Edge or DT

3rd round (compensatory for losing Earl Thomas):DT

4th round: ol

4th round (compensatory for losing Justin Coleman): Ol

5th round:K

5th round (from Steelers): S

6th round (compensatory for losing Shamar Stephen) TE

7th round (compensatory for losing Mike Davis) BPA

How I would draft

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first three picks should be OL and DL, whichever is better when we pick.

Also a late round RB.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first pick would be for a true 4-3 DE, but we can't have them reaching in the first round! I feel like almost every one of our first round picks that we have had in the past what 5or 6 years has been a reach. If there isn't a true first round talent at DE then go BPA!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first pick would be for a true 4-3 DE, but we can't have them reaching in the first round! I feel like almost every one of our first round picks that we have had in the past what 5or 6 years has been a reach. If there isn't a true first round talent at DE then go BPA!

Or just resign Clowney... but yah, we need depth regardless. Ansah hasn't been what I was hoping we were in for.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or just resign Clowney... but yah, we need depth regardless. Ansah hasn't been what I was hoping we were in for.

Clowney yeah but then who plays the other side!? we have no one, not a soul. Clowney is going to cost a TON to keep even if he didn't have a game like last monday. Going to have to get CHEAP production and starter quality for the other side and i just think DE in the first unless they are a 2nd round rated pick then go BPA. Heck even if the BPA is a TE go for it. Love Dissly but he can't stay healthy. He is a big guy running like he hasn't since high school when he was not 270 pounds. His body might just keep breaking down.

Last edited:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Clowney and Reed. Woods too.
With 10 picks I expect a trade down at some point to get a minimum of 11 selections.
Can Jones or Haynes show us some potential on the OL? Might not have to pick OL early.
I can see us go DE unless someone jumps to the forefront.
I'm not convinced we replace Flowers. If someone takes his job, good for us.
Maybe that leaves room for lots of BPA depth.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In trying to solve the riddle of who may play opposite Clowney in 2020 (assuming he's re-signed of course), are we already just writing off Collier?? Being a stud as a rookie is the exception and not the rule. He should get at least 2 seasons.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In trying to solve the riddle of who may play opposite Clowney in 2020 (assuming he's re-signed of course), are we already just writing off Collier?? Being a stud as a rookie is the exception and not the rule. He should get at least 2 seasons.

Seems as a 1st rounder doing absolutely nothing is more of the exception. The guy has been entirely invisible.

For once i just want to see them take a consensus 1st round player and not a massive reach.

This is the guy i wanted:
Broncos OG Dalton Risner Earns Impressive PFF Grade Through First Five Games

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Clowney and Reed. Woods too.
With 10 picks I expect a trade down at some point to get a minimum of 11 selections.
Can Jones or Haynes show us some potential on the OL? Might not have to pick OL early.
I can see us go DE unless someone jumps to the forefront.
I'm not convinced we replace Flowers. If someone takes his job, good for us.
Maybe that leaves room for lots of BPA depth.

Jones was a STUD in his time playing, he is a sure fire keeper and should be a starter. He was better than DJ Fluker at guard lol. Thing is Jones is a LT and i have NO Doubts he could play RT 100% better than Ifedi!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems as a 1st rounder doing absolutely nothing is more of the exception. The guy has been entirely invisible.

Well, I think it's a bit unreasonable to put final judgment on a rookie 10 games in when they were injured most of pre-season, especially when they play the same position as both the #1 overall pick from a few years back that the team just traded for and the top free agent signing of the off-season. But that's just me.

For once i just want to see them take a consensus 1st round player and not a massive reach.

This is the guy i wanted:
Broncos OG Dalton Risner Earns Impressive PFF Grade Through First Five Games
Ah yes, the ol' draft hindsight drill. Right up there with the playcalling second guessing when the result is in hand.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think it's a bit unreasonable to put final judgment on a rookie 10 games in when they were injured most of pre-season, especially when they play the same position as both the #1 overall pick from a few years back that the team just traded for and the top free agent signing of the off-season. But that's just me.

Ah yes, the ol' draft hindsight drill. Right up there with the playcalling second guessing when the result is in hand.

Its not hindisght when i said i wanted him BEFORE the draft.