• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too Early 2016 FF Re-Draft Rankings (std)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone has gone to ESPN's FF site but they have this interesting ranking of 2016 rookies.

Clay: Top 100 fantasy football rookies

I find it really funny when people try to rank rookies in terms of fantasy impact before the draft.

Bottom line is that nobody has a clue! The team's depth chart is pretty darn important in determining what role the rookie might have.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it really funny when people try to rank rookies in terms of fantasy impact before the draft.

Bottom line is that nobody has a clue! The team's depth chart is pretty darn important in determining what role the rookie might have.
Glad you mentioned that.
I'm not ashamed to admit that all of these kids aren't even familiar to me since I don't follow college ball.
If they end up in a promising situation, it may be the situation that propels their fantasy relevance, and not the athlete himself.
Plus you know my disdain for rookies. Overvalued. Unproven.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you mentioned that.
I'm not ashamed to admit that all of these kids aren't even familiar to me since I don't follow college ball.
If they end up in a promising situation, it may be the situation that propels their fantasy relevance, and not the athlete himself.
Plus you know my disdain for rookies. Overvalued. Unproven.

I am with you there Joe. Some will excel in year one, but too often it is not the ones we most expect to.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs and QBs are a total crapshoot.
I feel like we at least get a good picture of what the RBs can do, even in smaller college programs.
Of course, the whole process is a crapshoot, so many "can't miss" guys miss, and so many "not good enough" guys end up being more than good enough.

I'm interested in seeing where that speedy RB from UGA ends up - Keith Marshall.
Saints, Philly, Chargers --- really any team that gets creative with smaller RBs and has had success with it, would be a good fit imo.

I also thought the Howard guy from Indy was good, even if he played for Indy.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep this rookie train a rolling with the top projected WR:

Player A
40 time: 4.71
20 yd shuttle: 4.33
3 cone drill: 7.35
Vertical: 33.5"
Hgt: 6'1"
Wgt: 216 lbs

Player B
40 time: 4.63
20 yd shuttle: 4.29
3 cone drill: 7.05
Hgt: 6'2"
Wgt: 220 lbs

These dudes look awfully similar when you break down the combine/pro day results.

A = Anquan
B = Laquon
Even their names are similar.

Really just brought this up since everyone had a heart attack that this kid wasn't very fast.
Will be very interested to see if he goes to a team that needs him year 1, or a team that lets him develop a bit more before seeing 70-80% of the their snaps.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep this rookie train a rolling with the top projected WR:

Player A
40 time: 4.71
20 yd shuttle: 4.33
3 cone drill: 7.35
Hgt: 6'1"
Wgt: 216 lbs

Player B
40 time: 4.63
20 yd shuttle: 4.29
3 cone drill: 7.05
Hgt: 6'2"
Wgt: 220 lbs

These dudes look awfully similar when you break down the combine/pro day results.

A = Anquan
B = Laquon
Even their names are similar.

Really just brought this up since everyone had a heart attack that this kid wasn't very fast.
Will be very interested to see if he goes to a team that needs him year 1, or a team that lets him develop a bit more before seeing 70-80% of the their snaps.

Don't know about the other stats but Jerry Rice ran an official 4.71 at his combine - - I'd take 3 of him. ....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about the other stats but Jerry Rice ran an official 4.71 at his combine - - I'd take 3 of him. ....

Combine stats are overrated when taken out of context. Too often, they emphasize physical tools over decision making skills, which are every bit as important.

Thankfully, a friend of mine recently started a company called Sports Sense which analyzes exactly that. NFL teams are just getting wind of how powerful this information is and those who have seen the data are calling it the missing link.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combine stats are overrated when taken out of context. Too often, they emphasize physical tools over decision making skills, which are every bit as important.

Thankfully, a friend of mine recently started a company called Sports Sense which analyzes exactly that. NFL teams are just getting wind of how powerful this information is and those who have seen the data are calling it the missing link.
t, this site looks cool.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure does

They already have worked some with the Cowboys. The reports serve two purposes: they can help identify players who possess great "intangible skills" and Quantify why they are consistently able to be in the right position.

Secondly, players who have low Sports Sense scores actually benefit from this data also. Coaches can simplify jobs for players who don't process information as efficiently. If you know that a player struggles processing certain types of information in certain situations, the coaches can find ways to minimize decision making in those instances.

At the draft this year, keep an eye on Deon Jones, from LSU. He is a Sports Sense superstar. The team that reaches to pick him will surely have had access to his report. I will confidently bet that he ends up being an NFL star despite his size.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have worked some with the Cowboys. The reports serve two purposes: they can help identify players who possess great "intangible skills" and Quantify why they are consistently able to be in the right position.

Secondly, players who have low Sports Sense scores actually benefit from this data also. Coaches can simplify jobs for players who don't process information as efficiently. If you know that a player struggles processing certain types of information in certain situations, the coaches can find ways to minimize decision making in those instances.

At the draft this year, keep an eye on Deon Jones, from LSU. He is a Sports Sense superstar. The team that reaches to pick him will surely have had access to his report. I will confidently bet that he ends up being an NFL star despite his size.

:tj:its too bad they cannot Sport Sense my beloved Hab's coach because the idiot would be canned:hockeysmile:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully, a friend of mine recently started a company called Sports Sense
Stumbled across this old post.
Do these friends of yours rank rookies?
You need to share.
You can pm me. It'll be our secret.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stumbled across this old post.
Do these friends of yours rank rookies?
You need to share.
You can pm me. It'll be our secret.
Average or even Better than Average Joe ==:behindsofa:++Rookies...:o:alien:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked that once...those buddies said Royce Freeman
Sonsabitches. :)
I can bet you tlance's picks worked out tho.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can bet you tlance's picks worked out tho.
D2 draft results must not have been entered properly for the '17 season's rookie draft ('16 season was startup draft), but, in '17, I know T drafted Kamara and Mahommes, and then claimed Carson off waivers in August...so, yea, it would appear so :)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D2 draft results must not have been entered properly for the '17 season's rookie draft ('16 season was startup draft), but, in '17, I know T drafted Kamara and Mahommes, and then claimed Carson off waivers in August...so, yea, it would appear so :)
I may have it on a spreadsheet at home.
Tlance is awfully quiet. Probably not tipping his hand either.... flying under the radar as usual.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF
My spreadsheet only captured the first 7 or 8 picks.
That said, here's how it went down: