• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too Early 2016 FF Re-Draft Rankings (std)

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, David Johnson at 3 looks about right to me. I personally would rank him #1 if I had to submit rankings today. There is nothing he can't do.

Freeman is going to be a risky player to draft, but I don't see too many players listed below that should be picked ahead. Freeman has a lot of upside as a 3 down back, but a lot of risk also.

Why does freeman have so much risk but johnson doesn't? They both went nuts for a stretch just one was earlier and we have more evidence freeman can sustain high level performance for a while than we do with johnson.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does freeman have so much risk but johnson doesn't? They both went nuts for a stretch just one was earlier and we have more evidence freeman can sustain high level performance for a while than we do with johnson.

Johnson has more talent. There are not many backs out there who combine Johnson's size, speed, and ability to catch the ball. He has every bit as much talent as AP.

Freeman has another talented young back behind him. Ellington can't handle being a lead back and The other Johnson is on his last legs. That being said, I have no problem with Freeman top 5.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost started a new thread for this, but I feel like it would just become a subset of next year's too early rankings discussion.

The question that I want to find the answer to:

Who are next year's Jets/Jags??

Blake Bortles (3rd QB), Ryan Fitzpatrick (11th QB)
Ivory (7th RB)
Marshall (3rd WR)/Decker (11th WR), ARob (4th WR)/Hurns (14th WR)
* Rankings came from FFToday.com, I'm assuming standard, not PPR

Almost all of these guys I would classify as 'under the radar' when it came to draft day last year.
Some weren't even drafted in most leagues (Hurns/Fitz).

How do we find these guys before draft day, or is it just part of the fantasy hustle?

I've witnessed just about every strategy being successful in fantasy throughout the years, but I've noticed on my teams that do well, there's always a guy or two on my squad that I had higher on my board than the other owners in my leagues. (talking about my money leagues specifically)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we find these guys before draft day, or is it just part of the fantasy hustle?

I've witnessed just about every strategy being successful in fantasy throughout the years, but I've noticed on my teams that do well, there's always a guy or two on my squad that I had higher on my board than the other owners in my leagues. (talking about my money leagues specifically)

If memory serves, I don't think the Jets actually decided on Fitz until it was close to opening day, so many drafts had already been preparing for Geno Smith as the QB. I did have Bortles on my radar. He looked really good in preseason. Never pulled the trigger...

Part of it is that you expect to hit on so many other players on draft day that you have to limit your "risk" and sleeper picks. And no one wants to load up on players from (what we thought were going to be) bad offensive teams (i.e., Jets, Jags).

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Fitz wasnt on anyone's radar since he was signed to be a backup/mentor for Geno, up until that dude broke his jaw. And since we'd all seen "Fitzcrapstick" before, he was pretty much an afterthought, as were most Jets along with him.

I tend to find those guys watching the preseason games, probably the biggest reason I'll never join a competitive league who drafts before the week 3 game of the preseason. But is still a crapshoot, and you've gotta hedge your bets as your team comes together during the draft.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammie Coates looked good late last year and in the playoffs with the Bryant suspension his ADP should get a serious boost

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty B - officially not appealing suspension, checking into rehab.

What round do you pull the trigger in a keeper format?
(2016 draft round will equate to 2017 draft round if kept)

Last season, I drafted Jordy Nelson in the 14th round, but I'm not 100% sure Bryant lasts as long, since he isn't injured and is much much younger. Kelvin Benjamin was drafted immediately after I took Nelson.

One thing that has me slightly concerned is the health of Big Ben, and lack of an heir apparent at QB in Pitt.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What round do you pull the trigger in a keeper format?
(2016 draft round will equate to 2017 draft round if kept)

Last season, I drafted Jordy Nelson in the 14th round, but I'm not 100% sure Bryant lasts as long, since he isn't injured and is much much younger. Kelvin Benjamin was drafted immediately after I took Nelson.
Tough call. Jordy is elite WR1 caliber. Kelvin is in the WR1 area code as well. Bryant... maybe not. Especially with other cogs in motion.

There was talk last season about Wheaton eating into Bryant's touches. Numbers are very close but Bryant missed 5 games. Bryant was on pace for 1100 yards.

If Wheaton does well in Bryant's absence, the Steelers may not be that worried about him coming back. I think that's the bigger risk than future QB concerns.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the thoughts on Lat Murray this year
I have him as a top-10 RB right now. He's still young. He played all 16 games. He's clearly atop the depth chart.
But I expected more from him. He had 266 carries. Only 2 RB had more (AP & Douggernaut).

This is per Rotoworld from 2/25. Still not sure how to adjust my ranking of him.

CSN Bay Area reports the Raiders hope Latavius Murray will be "more efficient with a decreased workload."

In a Wednesday radio interview, coach Jack Del Rio said an improved run game was a priority. "We didn’t run effectively enough," he said. "That’s one of the things we’re addressing right now. Some of it is who we were running it with." Speaking about Murray in particular, Del Rio praised his "long speed," but said there were "things he’ll want to do better going forward." Murray should be the chairman, but the Raiders have made it clear he will be part of a committee in 2016.

How that committee divvies up the carries is anyone's guess.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They certainly haven't signed anyone who would suggest a change from last year, at least not yet. Raiders still need a couple pieces along the line before 250+ carries translates into real fantasy success. Right now, Barry Sanders wouldn't be a strong asset behind that bunch.

But. .if they don't sign/draft anyone, he'll still be a RB2 just in volume

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a RB fantasy prospective some of the moves will drastically alter rankings IMO. Miller going to HOU, Murray to TEN, CJ to MIA(?), Forte to NYJ. Miller and Murray have upped their value, while Forte & CJ seemingly go down. I'm sure the draft will do the same. ...

Man I sure miss the days of each team having a bell-cow. ...... committees suck.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch Anderson to MIA. .... apparently the upfront $$ wasn't enough to scare off the Broncos.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@leftypower as the resident Ravens fan, what's your take on the RB situation?

One site lists the depth as (1) Forsett, (2) Allen, (3) Taliaferro.
Allen was used more in the passing game and may seem to have the most value. (Oddly, FB Jusczyk had nearly as many receptions and more TD than Allen.) But Allen was the only back that played all 16 games of the 3. Does Taliaferro leap-frog them all?

If anyone else has an opinion.... speak now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO buck allen gets first crack, hes the back that fits that system

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@leftypower as the resident Ravens fan, what's your take on the RB situation?

One site lists the depth as (1) Forsett, (2) Allen, (3) Taliaferro.
Allen was used more in the passing game and may seem to have the most value. (Oddly, FB Jusczyk had nearly as many receptions and more TD than Allen.) But Allen was the only back that played all 16 games of the 3. Does Taliaferro leap-frog them all?

If anyone else has an opinion.... speak now.

Joe its anyone's guess right now. Allen seems to be the better all round fit for their scheme going forward but I wouldn't rule out either of the others (or someone new) getting in on the action. No one was particularly effective last yr.