• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo: Twitter Legend

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept waiting for the Chiefs to just pipe the sound from the broadcast booth into their players helmets, so the defense could stop NE.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He bogs me down by being so technical on virtually every play instead of just letting me relax and enjoy the game. But I gotta say he's damned good at predicting the play before it unfolds, especially yesterday.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept waiting for the Chiefs to just pipe the sound from the broadcast booth into their players helmets, so the defense could stop NE.
I'm pretty sure the Chiefs defense knew what was coming, too.

Romo was basically saying "If Chiefs A then Brady does B" which means that everyone knew what was happening.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He bogs me down by being so technical on virtually every play instead of just letting me relax and enjoy the game. But I gotta say he's damned good at predicting the play before it unfolds, especially yesterday.
I absolutely love the injected strategic technicalities. I hope Romo's popularity will help usher in a new wave of analysts that bring strategic insights to commentary rather than the non-stop player fellating that has occurred in the booth since John Madden.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as people bashed Romo when he played because he couldn't win "big games" and shit, there was really never a doubt about his football IQ. The guy knows the game and studies well. The only time I really get annoted listening to him is on some of those close sideline catches. That nasally "welllllll, let's see if he was in" shit is hard to listen to. But him and Nantz in the booth are a really solid combo. The improvement over Simms is a million times.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst commentator of all time. Even worse than Collinsworth. Had to mute the TV a couple times.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love the injected strategic technicalities. I hope Romo's popularity will help usher in a new wave of analysts that bring strategic insights to commentary rather than the non-stop player fellating that has occurred in the booth since John Madden.

You just put this douche in the same sentence as John Madden lol. Blasphemy.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just put this douche in the same sentence as John Madden lol. Blasphemy.

I'm a Packers fan. Madden sucked Favre off non-stop from pregame to postgame. I was a Favre fan myself and his Favre "love" nauseated me.

...Maybe you didn't hear such things out of Madden much because the Bengals have never had a "Favre"?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what you are saying but it was too much. Often it would run close to the next play. Sometimes I just want to relax and not feeel like I’m in a meeting breaking down film with the coaches.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't he was break up with Jessica Simpson and drop her off at a waffle house

shitty quarterback...funny person

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying but it was too much. Often it would run close to the next play. Sometimes I just want to relax and not feeel like I’m in a meeting breaking down film with the coaches.
I find it obnoxious and he comes off as a know it all.....because he does know it all.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The strategy in football is what separates itself from gay p°rn!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the Chiefs defense knew what was coming, too.

Romo was basically saying "If Chiefs A then Brady does B" which means that everyone knew what was happening.

Obviously that isn’t the case, because he literally called exactly where they were going to run the ball too in a few plays

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tony Romo doesn't get a call for either a coordinator or HC position in the next 2-3 years I'd be amazed.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tony Romo doesn't get a call for either a coordinator or HC position in the next 2-3 years I'd be amazed.
I think if he wants to, he could be a solid QB coach and work up to OC. Not too sure about HC, at least not yet. He may prefer to stay in broadcasting though. And he's a damn solid golfer too. :D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he wants to, he could be a solid QB coach and work up to OC. Not too sure about HC, at least not yet. He may prefer to stay in broadcasting though. And he's a damn solid golfer too. :D
Yea HC would be a stretch, and would take a lot more than simply being able to predict plays in certain situations. He'd definitely be great a clock management though. OC or DC would be the more ideal fit.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was right all game and pretty much every time he announced any game. Dude reads the game and explains it and I applaud him for it. Wonder if he gets out of the booth and goes on the sidelines
He apperently reads defences better from the booth as opposed to ground level. Better stay where he's at.

Predicting NEs offense is not that hard. Hell I'm right probably 80% of the time.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS broadcaster Tony Romo confirmed he's received recent contract offers from NFL teams.

It's not surprising; Romo is now years removed from the back injuries that effectively ended his career and won't turn 39 until April. "There was something earlier this season and definitely two times this offseason," said Romo. "Usually, it is a coach that reaches out." Romo did indicate he's happy in broadcasting, where he's fast emerged as the top color analyst in the game.

Source: The Athletic
Jan 21 - 6:21 PM

Fred_Delosantos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be silly to do so. As evidence by the existence of this thread, he's already attained "god" status in his current profession. He only has to "work" like 4 hours/week sitting in a temperature-controlled press box talking about football and can spend the rest of the week on the golf course and with his family. He'd probably get paid more in the booth than the sidelines too.
I'll bet in his non-booth hours, he probably watches a lot of tape, does research, and gathers intel. probably just like when he was QB, except for the on-field part.

Fred_Delosantos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He apperently reads defences better from the booth as opposed to ground level. Better stay where he's at.

Predicting NEs offense is not that hard. Hell I'm right probably 80% of the time.
yeah, but the teams are supposed to have some expert up high in the booth who can see it all, same view.