• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

<< Tonights 3 Stars / 3 Goats >>

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Offense
2. Bryz
3. Offense and Bryz

1. Mason
2. The BJ's backup
3. Anybody who is the BJ's backup.

Co-signed.

Total and complete whitewash.

Oh...wait....oh yeah, Bass landed 1 more punch than Zac, sooo...yeah...they "won" that. :lol:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although they got their asses handed to them, I felt sorry for the Jackets no team deserves that horrific of a defeat at the pro level. It's thier own doing though, nobody on that team looked NHL caliber!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that.

> 18 inch rainbow or brook? (Cant make out the colors)

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars:
There were no stars in this game.

Goats:
1. The refs. Really? St. Louis is holding Timonen's stick between his legs and only Kimmo goes? We take a phantom tripping call 20 seconds after one of our guys is hooked to the ice with no call? Interference on the Bolts, you look the other way, but a Flyer does it and BAM, it gets called? Not to mention not knowing the fucking rules on when you can blow play dead (hint: it doesn't involve a moving puck with no penalties/infractions when we have possession in our zone). This was disgraceful. Oh, and hey, just because I'm not a total homer, you are supposed to call interference when Bryzgalov hooks the other team, too.
2. The trap. Fuck the trap, fuck the refs for supporting the trap by blowing play dead on a moving puck, fuck the Tampa fans for supporting the trap by booing us not skating at it, and fuck the Devils for using the trap in the first place.
3. Hartnell. Only power play goal good, kicking the leg out from another guy fucking stupid. I didn't like the refs most of the game, but that one was legit.
Bonus goat: History. Nobody ever tried not skating at the trap before? REALLY? You'd think this would've come up at some point in the past.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars:
There were no stars in this game.

Goats:
1. The refs. Really? St. Louis is holding Timonen's stick between his legs and only Kimmo goes? We take a phantom tripping call 20 seconds after one of our guys is hooked to the ice with no call? Interference on the Bolts, you look the other way, but a Flyer does it and BAM, it gets called? Not to mention not knowing the fucking rules on when you can blow play dead (hint: it doesn't involve a moving puck with no penalties/infractions when we have possession in our zone). This was disgraceful. Oh, and hey, just because I'm not a total homer, you are supposed to call interference when Bryzgalov hooks the other team, too.
2. The trap. Fuck the trap, fuck the refs for supporting the trap by blowing play dead on a moving puck, fuck the Tampa fans for supporting the trap by booing us not skating at it, and fuck the Devils for using the trap in the first place.
3. Hartnell. Only power play goal good, kicking the leg out from another guy fucking stupid. I didn't like the refs most of the game, but that one was legit.
Bonus goat: History. Nobody ever tried not skating at the trap before? REALLY? You'd think this would've come up at some point in the past.

You sure about that? I coulda sworn I saw quite a few around Downie's head for a bit.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay 11/9

Star

1) Lavy for exposing the Lightening's ridiculous defensive scheme.

Honorable mention: Read & Rinaldo I love how these kids play.

Goats

1) Pronger. Yes, he did play well, but...those back to back penalties killed what mo they had going.

2) V's # 3

3) V's # 1

Dishonorable mention: The usual anti-Philly bias Versus coverage for jumping to conclusions and insinuating that it was all the Flyers fault for Tampa's idiotic trap.

Last edited by a moderator:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tampa Bay 11/9

Star

1) Lavy for exposing the Lightening's ridiculous defensive scheme.

Honorable mention: Read & Rinaldo I love how these kids play.

Goats

1) Pronger. Yes, he did play well, but...those back to back penalties killed what mo they had going.

2) V's # 3

3) V's # 1

Dishonorable mention: The usual anti-Philly bias Versus coverage for jumping to conclusions and insinuating that it was all the Flyers fault for Tampa's idiotic trap.

well...eddie olcyuk or however you spell it is an idiot. he actually suggested that he thinks its ridiculous for guys with visors to take off their helmets in a fight...bozo of the year award to that asshole.

other than that though tox i think that the coverage was fairly favorable to the flyers making a point about that ridiculous system tampa plays.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure about that? I coulda sworn I saw quite a few around Downie's head for a bit.

lol
out_cold.gif

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...eddie olcyuk or however you spell it is an idiot. he actually suggested that he thinks its ridiculous for guys with visors to take off their helmets in a fight...bozo of the year award to that asshole.

other than that though tox i think that the coverage was fairly favorable to the flyers making a point about that ridiculous system tampa plays.

YES!!! I knew I heard that!!! He said he thinks a penalty should be given. LMAO!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol I forgot all about that whole visor/fight comment.....yeah, that's right "Ed-O"....lets have 2 semi-star players break their hands fighting....real f'n smart. Moron.

Yes....you're right D, they did start to lean towards the Flyers but that wasn't until Pierre said that in between periods he had 5 hockey players from around the league text him and say that Tampa's "style" was stupid till they favored Philly in the discussion.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I forgot all about that whole visor/fight comment.....yeah, that's right "Ed-O"....lets have 2 semi-star players break their hands fighting....real f'n smart. Moron.

Yes....you're right D, they did start to lean towards the Flyers but that wasn't until Pierre said that in between periods he had 5 hockey players from around the league text him and say that Tampa's "style" was stupid till they favored Philly in the discussion.

Actually Milbury and Jones both agreed it was an embarressment to the game and Tampa was to blame.

And yes Jeff they did say the shit about helmets and visors..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oy.. i actually like eddie o most of the time.. he gives pretty good insight on plays and stuff.. but the visor comment is retarded

stars
meh..

goats
1. discipline.. i didn't pay my usual attention to detail in the game last night.. but i didn't really think the calls were that terrible.. the flyers played VERY undisciplined hockey last night and it cost them

2. mesz - dude, where were you going on the winning goal? they weren't trying to trap you at that point, you didn't have to run off into the corner and hide.. coburn did a decent job forcing the guy to the outside where he shouldnt be terribly dangerous, and then you decided the far post was more dangerous than the bolts player.. bold strategy that i'd say backfired

3. giroux - he had an off night.. looked like he couldn't keep his feet under him for most of the game.. just cause he's been the golden boy all season doesn't mean he should be spared when he plays poorly :)

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
oy.. i actually like eddie o most of the time.. he gives pretty good insight on plays and stuff.. but the visor comment is retarded

stars
meh..

goats
1. discipline.. i didn't pay my usual attention to detail in the game last night.. but i didn't really think the calls were that terrible.. the flyers played VERY undisciplined hockey last night and it cost them

2. mesz - dude, where were you going on the winning goal? they weren't trying to trap you at that point, you didn't have to run off into the corner and hide.. coburn did a decent job forcing the guy to the outside where he shouldnt be terribly dangerous, and then you decided the far post was more dangerous than the bolts player.. bold strategy that i'd say backfired

3. giroux - he had an off night.. looked like he couldn't keep his feet under him for most of the game.. just cause he's been the golden boy all season doesn't mean he should be spared when he plays poorly :)

out drinking in olde city??? lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11/13 Panthers

Stars
1. Bryz - played fantastic in the first when the team needed him, and played very well in the 2nd and 3rd.. only set back was the 1st goal against he probably should've stopped

2. Couturier - i think he could give jagr a run for his money defending the puck w/ his body.. its ridiculous.. and out there to start a 5 on 3 against.. amazing.. i thought couturier looked very impressive tonight

3. Panthers - its a shame there aren't any fans in florida.. this team is very exciting to watch.. skates fast, shoots a lot, and never gives up.. they deserve more fans

Goats
1. Bryz - ya man, that first goal should have been stopped.

2. Discipline - a lot of blame of the refs goin around, but again, i didnt really think it was that bad.. the rinaldo/harry z ones were questionable.. hartnell got called for interference in a way it is always called.. lot of high sticks that are no brainers.. i thought jagr's hook was a little ticky tack, but it was by the letter of the law which is how the refs were calling it anyway

3. Refs - i dont like when you call games by the letter of the law. also i thought you did a bad job consistency wise, there were a couple boarding calls that you missed on the flyers

all in all, i really enjoyed that game.. physical, fast, lots of scoring chances, good goaltending for the most part.. good hockey game

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cooter
2. Bryz
3. Rinaldo, starting to grab my attention in a good way.

1. Refs
2. Pussy goalies
3. Refs

Fast as hell tonight, all over the place. In all honesty even when we have won recently the team hadnt done anything to impress me. More games like tonight that also have Jagr and Giroux scoring and less bad refs will be a great recipe.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good all around effort. There weren't really standout stars.

1. Bryz - faced a lot of shots and a lot of powerplays
2. Cooter - Just plain solid. Nothing flashy about him.
3. Read/Briere/Coburn - They scored goals

Goatz

1. Refs - fuck you. Terrible calls almost all the way around
2. Weiss - lol
3. Pussy Goalies (I don't really know why, it just sounded cool)

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talbot probably felt like he got hit in the face by a goat on that high stick. Oh, irony.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing to add. Great calls guys.