• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

<< Tonights 3 Stars / 3 Goats >>

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
phaith we're gunna have a disagreement, just be aware

Stars
1a. Hartnell - Diggin for the dirty goals, and hitting
1b. Jagr - Nice goals (salute still drives me insane though, its ingrained in my subconcious to make me cuss loudly)
3. Jody Fuckin Shelley - still far from worth 1 mil, but it was his shift in the 2nd that changed the momentum of this game.. if we're going to be as hard as we are on him, he deserves to get credit when he plays well

honorable mentions: simmonds, worked his ass off.. timonen, the leafs could not clear the puck if he was on the ice, unless he wanted them to (see phaith, we disagree, i actually thought he played a very strong game).. bob, dude was on point tonight.. lots of saves that he shouldn't have made, and the only 2 goals were outrageous bounces

Goats
1. Grabovkski - seriously dude? put your stick down you dick head
2. Refs - that was a REALLY bad performance by the zebras
3. thats all i got. sorry i'm not sorry

someone needs to figure out how to make the flyers play angry every game.. cause coburn and mesz were hitting EVERYTHING.. shelley, hartnell, simmonds, walker, talbot, and giroux were all very active too.. it was great to see

edit: upon further reading i see that you (phaith) were stretched for goats.. prolly not a huge disagreement then..

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
phaith we're gunna have a disagreement, just be aware

Stars
1a. Hartnell - Diggin for the dirty goals, and hitting
1b. Jagr - Nice goals (salute still drives me insane though, its ingrained in my subconcious to make me cuss loudly)
3. Jody Fuckin Shelley - still far from worth 1 mil, but it was his shift in the 2nd that changed the momentum of this game.. if we're going to be as hard as we are on him, he deserves to get credit when he plays well

honorable mentions: simmonds, worked his ass off.. timonen, the leafs could not clear the puck if he was on the ice, unless he wanted them to (see phaith, we disagree, i actually thought he played a very strong game).. bob, dude was on point tonight.. lots of saves that he shouldn't have made, and the only 2 goals were outrageous bounces

Goats
1. Grabovkski - seriously dude? put your stick down you dick head
2. Refs - that was a REALLY bad performance by the zebras
3. thats all i got. sorry i'm not sorry

someone needs to figure out how to make the flyers play angry every game.. cause coburn and mesz were hitting EVERYTHING.. shelley, hartnell, simmonds, walker, talbot, and giroux were all very active too.. it was great to see

edit: upon further reading i see that you (phaith) were stretched for goats.. prolly not a huge disagreement then..

Yep agree bro and if it weren't for the monster the Flyers rock the laughs tonight. Bob also made a few very nice saves. Overall the Flyers look very tough to play against when they skate and hit. If Jagr can keep his shit up watch out that will open things up on the other lines. Schenn looked better toinight as well hit Jagr on that nice breakaway pass. We need Read/Voracek and JVR to gel...the tools are there for a nice line.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars:
1. Guys known for their hairstyles. Mullet and Mophead looked reeeeal good tonight, especially Mophead, who finally played a hard, aggressive game where he got to the dirty areas and got it done without going too far.
2. Simmonds. Doesn't give up and generated tons of offensive zone time.
3. Shelley. He played a killer shift to turn the game around. Did take a penalty, I believe the call was "Being on the Ice When Somebody Goes Down."

Goats:
1. Stick-handling and calls related to it. The Leafs must have been holding the sticks with the blades up or something, because it was pretty bad. Plus the refs missed a few.
2. Hitting open nets. Yeah, we won 4-2, but Jagr won't get two breakaways every game, and Hartnell might not get two goals again ever. We had a ton of open chances, and while yes, the puck is bouncing and making it hard to score, you get paid millions to deal with that. Hit the damn net.
3. Pronger's impression of Laperriere. Okay, not funny dude. I know you have a sense of humor and all, but... hey, Chris, get back here! Chris! ... Chris? :pray:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars
1-Hartnell because i ripped him so bad he showed me up
2- Walker see above
3-Jagr if he could generate speed through the neutral zone that would open up our offen3.5- Coots i just love that kid

1- Refs suck
2-Toronto for dirty play against Giroux who kicked their ass
3- Schenn i thought he was better.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i would like to say that i am tired of the anti-bryz banter and the bob loving

i am going to dub some of your actions as 'the nittymaki syndrome'

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to say that i am tired of the anti-bryz banter and the bob loving

i am going to dub some of your actions as 'the nittymaki syndrome'

you guys never bout into my biromaki nickname :smow:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tihnk JVR was Goat #1 tonight. Lets have a look, shall we?

Kings Game- Great job getting chances! Just bury them man!

Caps game-Still getting chances, good. seriously though, we need the goals.

Tonight-Dude, shoot the fucking puck. Dont try to wrap it around the goalie. Youre not Giroux.

Jagr was the only star. Fuck everyone else, Mez included.

Poo.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I tihnk JVR was Goat #1 tonight. Lets have a look, shall we?

Kings Game- Great job getting chances! Just bury them man!

Caps game-Still getting chances, good. seriously though, we need the goals.

Tonight-Dude, shoot the fucking puck. Dont try to wrap it around the goalie. Youre not Giroux.

Jagr was the only star. Fuck everyone else, Mez included.

Poo.

I thought about including him but you can't blame a forward for not scoring 1 goal whiles the defense is letting in goals left and right. He did not play well though.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mez included.

Poo.

Every time I wanted to praise him he did something stupid. Makes a good pinch then gets a penalty. Good hit then gets beat. Actually gets a shot on net then does nothing in front of his own net which results in a goal.

Sadly, that effort was good enough for our 2nd best dman.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I wanted to praise him he did something stupid. Makes a good pinch then gets a penalty. Good hit then gets beat. Actually gets a shot on net then does nothing in front of his own net which results in a goal.

Sadly, that effort was good enough for our 2nd best dman.

Uh, just disgusting to think about. I have no words, but I feel like we already need another shakeup.

Cue Iginla. :D

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about including him but you can't blame a forward for not scoring 1 goal whiles the defense is letting in goals left and right. He did not play well though.

I just feel like he has had WAYYY too many chances to not being scoring. He is not why we lost, but he certainly didnt help us win.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually didnt think this one was as frustrating.. which is kind of odd, but thats the way that i felt

tonight they looked like a team that didnt have an identity.. which, is a true statement, they dont have an identity, its mostly new players.. i felt like there were times where they tried too hard to make the pretty pass, and i thought there were times they dumped it in when they should've gone for set up off the rush.. there were times when they took the man and shouldn't have, and times when they should've hung back but went for the hit.. they just looked lost to me..

and i know jagr scored a goal, but i didnt think he was all that special aside from that.. and the goal was only available because hartnell and carle both made great passes, the shot was actually pretty piss poor.. so if you're going to give jagr are star for the goal, you gotta at least keep carle and hartnell off the goat list

IMO, nobody deserved a star tonight.. read looked like he could deserve a star in the early going, but then went into hiding for the 2nd half of the game.. voracek was the same way, lots of jump early, but lost it sometime in the 2nd period.. i didnt think kimmo played too poorly, but i've been known to sugar coat his outings.. i thought mesz looked dreadful, and really out of place quite a few times, he was the worst dman tonight in my book.. followed by carle (biggest gaff of the game on the faceoff 'coverage'.. the dman doesn't take the point, ever, where was he going?)

and bryz looks mediocre.. he's looked mediocre in every game.. he had a few great saves where the d should've bailed him out on the rebound (**paging anyone with the nut-sack to clear the crease, i dont care if you're 2 feet tall, someone at least try**).. but he needs to step up his game.. we aren't paying him to be mediocre, we're paying him to solve our problem with always having a mediocre goalie.. he's not playing poorly enough for me to say he's been bad, but he definitely hasn't made me like his 5.9 mil cap hit any more than i did before

and the 2nd and 3rd lines are NOT working.. they have had maybe 5 shifts combined in the past 3 games where they looked threatening.. the team's strength is supposed to be its depth, and the 'depth' has added a grand total of 0 goals in the past 2 games.. the hgj line looks good (really, it does, i was the first to say that line was retarded, but it actually does look good enough to keep together), but it cant carry the scoring load for the whole team, no way.. the 2nd and 3rd lines either need to be switched up, or they need to chemistry up quick..

**if anyone responds to this comment by saying the team missed pronger tonight, i'm going to neg you on a weekly basis.. the lack of crease clearing from him is the #1 (possibly the only) reason he's so high on my shit-list, i'll give you the team probably missed pronger, especially in the leadership category, but not for this reason**

Last edited by a moderator:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i actually didnt think this one was as frustrating.. which is kind of odd, but thats the way that i felt

tonight they looked like a team that didnt have an identity.. which, is a true statement, they dont have an identity, its mostly new players.. i felt like there were times where they tried too hard to make the pretty pass, and i thought there were times they dumped it in when they should've gone for set up off the rush.. there were times when they took the man and shouldn't have, and times when they should've hung back but went for the hit.. they just looked lost to me..

and i know jagr scored a goal, but i didnt think he was all that special aside from that.. and the goal was only available because hartnell and carle both made great passes, the shot was actually pretty piss poor.. so if you're going to give jagr are star for the goal, you gotta at least keep carle and hartnell off the goat list

IMO, nobody deserved a star tonight.. read looked like he could deserve a star in the early going, but then went into hiding for the 2nd half of the game.. voracek was the same way, lots of jump early, but lost it sometime in the 2nd period.. i didnt think kimmo played too poorly, but i've been known to sugar coat his outings.. i thought mesz looked dreadful, and really out of place quite a few times, he was the worst dman tonight in my book.. followed by carle (biggest gaff of the game on the faceoff 'coverage'.. the dman doesn't take the point, ever, where was he going?)

and bryz looks mediocre.. he's looked mediocre in every game.. he had a few great saves where the d should've bailed him out on the rebound (**paging anyone with the nut-sack to clear the crease, i dont care if you're 2 feet tall, someone at least try**).. but he needs to step up his game.. we aren't paying him to be mediocre, we're paying him to solve our problem with always having a mediocre goalie.. he's not playing poorly enough for me to say he's been bad, but he definitely hasn't made me like his 5.9 mil cap hit any more than i did before

and the 2nd and 3rd lines are NOT working.. they have had maybe 5 shifts combined in the past 3 games where they looked threatening.. the team's strength is supposed to be its depth, and the 'depth' has added a grand total of 0 goals in the past 2 games.. the hgj line looks good (really, it does, i was the first to say that line was retarded, but it actually does look good enough to keep together), but it cant carry the scoring load for the whole team, no way.. the 2nd and 3rd lines either need to be switched up, or they need to chemistry up quick..

**if anyone responds to this comment by saying the team missed pronger tonight, i'm going to neg you on a weekly basis.. the lack of crease clearing from him is the #1 (possibly the only) reason he's so high on my shit-list, i'll give you the team probably missed pronger, especially in the leadership category, but not for this reason**

i 100% agree with the lack of identity. and that is understandable. this isn't the last time we are going to see this kind of game. besides jagr and hartnell isnt everyone of our forwards less than 28? having the youth with talent is great but eventually holmgren will make a move for a veteran presence on this team. at that time it will be easy to see who belongs up here and who does not. until then the team will grow and look great some nights followed by shit the next. bryz stays off my shitlist until i see a game where the defense hasnt failed him completely or miracle deflections wind up behind him.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Habs 10/26

My new cable box didn't work, so I missed 95% of the game.
bag.gif

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

(Pronger was a big reason)

That said, I don't know how you did not want to put a boot through your TV. There's a difference between not having any identity and playing like a bunch of peewee hockey players.

I felt like one of my old coaches yelling at the TV everyone they made some of the most idiotic plays I've seen in a long time. It got to a point where you just had to laugh.

Offense starts from the defense and works it's way up. Our defense got nothing going whatsoever and did not allow us to generate any offense. Our offense was no threat after the 1st period because we had no breakout at all. The very few shots/chances we had we "almost" made them pay. Credit to a good forecheck but also credit to possibly the worst team defense I have ever seen in a professional hockey game. It scares me to think that our guys have to potential to play this god fucking awful.