• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

<< Tonights 3 Stars / 3 Goats >>

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how you never see a guy deke any of our goalies on breakaways and shootouts. They just shoot and it's goes in 99.99999% of the time. Fact.

Even funnier thing is that it has been every single goalie the last 5 years as well. What is it with these guys? Giroux and Briere have to undress goalies to score while other teams just have to shoot anywhere and it will find it's way in.

ya, its bad.. i actually saw a stat somewhere today, i think bob has stopped 9 of 22 ps/so attempts against him.. thats really really not good

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how you never see a guy deke any of our goalies on breakaways and shootouts. They just shoot and it's goes in 99.99999% of the time. Fact.

Even funnier thing is that it has been every single goalie the last 5 years as well. What is it with these guys? Giroux and Briere have to undress goalies to score while other teams just have to shoot anywhere and it will find it's way in.

Yep-Yep

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Feels good to finally put him back on top:

1. Bryz - saves 30 of 31. Solid all around
2. MATT FUCKING READ - I love You
3. JvR - That shot just wasn't fair for the goalie

Goats

1. Refs - BS call giving Rinaldo 10 minutes for talking as much as Yandle
2. Refs - Waste high high-sticking call when our guy pushed into the goalie
3. Refs - Briere's stick was lifted and then resulted in a high sticking call

Thank God their PP was awful

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ Agree with all, plus GOAT #4.

Meszaros, you are embarassing me.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great glove save Bryz made was 100% on Mez. He tried to pass it across the blueline and Whitney just swooped in and grabbed it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great glove save Bryz made was 100% on Mez. He tried to pass it across the blueline and Whitney just swooped in and grabbed it.

haha that was mesz? that was an AWFUL decision.. pronger had a couple bad passes today (also a couple real good ones)

but i'll be honest, i thougth that was one of the better games the flyers played.. i thought mesz and pronger each had a really bad pass, but bryz/carle bailed them out so it was no big deal.. aside from those 2 gaffs i thought the entire team played VERY well.. and i didnt think the refs were that bad.. stick hit the goalie in the head, gotta call it.. rinaldo getting 10.. eh.. probably shouldn't have been the only one, but really, what does it matter? rinaldo wouldn't have had another shift anyway and he probably likes getting his PIMs up.. goalie interference on the coyotes, a little sketchy with kimmo coming in there, but i dont think timo being somewhere else would've changed it, the coyote was truckin at bryz.. briere getting stick lifted into the face of the other dude, meh.. sucks, but cant blame the ref for calling that.. they weren't out of control with the whistle, and that helped the game

Stars
1. Read - from the drop of the puck, he was the best player on the ice for either team.. he had a FANTASTIC game, when he scored the game winner i reaffirmed my belief in karma. he deserved it.

1b. the PK - absolutely unreal. i'm sure some of it was because phoenix was awful on the PP, but the flyers wouldn't let them do anything.. the forwards on the PK were incredible.. picking off passes, taking the puck from d-men, breaking in and being dangerous offensively and then kicking it back out when a good shot wasn't there.. maybe the most dominating i've ever seen a PK look in my life

2. Bryz - played EXTREMELY well. the save on the breakaway was clutch, those are the saves the flyers have been missing.

3. Couturier - he does everything right.

4. JvR - brought the wheels tonight, looked very dangerous

5. Voracek - see JvR

6. The fact that this list is going to continue for a while

7. Giroux - he looked fancy tonight.. got really creative a few times.. also looked really angry.. who knows why he hates phoenix so much but he was charging in to quite a few hits (not all of which landed)

8. Talbot - see Couturier.

honorable mention: simmonds, i thought he looked somewhat dangerous a few times, and got in some good cycling, but he gets the mention because he set the tone on the first shift of the game when he leveled the coyotes guy behind the net.. got the team in to it very early

Goats
1. Mesz's pass
2. Pronger's pass

needless to say, i was thrilled with tonight's performance, even though it was only a 2-1 outcome.

and my last side note: keith yandle is really underrated, and i wouldn't mind seeing him in B&O

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars:

1. Bryzgalov. Made the tough saves. Made the easy saves. The only puck he couldn't keep out was, as usual, the shoot through the goalie's five hole from behind the goal line shot, and we all know that's impossible to stop.

2. Coutu-read. I swear, Couturier might win the Selke THIS YEAR if he keeps playing like that (not really but way closer than he has any right to be), and Read of course won the game.

3. Simmonds. Had a pretty solid all around game. I don't like him too much (he and Voracek hold the puck for too long imo), but he played alright tonight.

Goats:
1. Claude Giroux's mustache. Look, I'm all for this Movember thing, but Giroux, if you look any more like a ********* we'll have to fire Holmgren 5 years from now for failure to report. Type in "Claude Giroux's mustache" on google and some of the first page results are: "When I see Claude Giroux's mustache, I finally can fulfill that weird fantasy I have of seeing Ron Swanson play for the Flyers," "I have to give props to Claude Giroux whose moustache may be the creepiest thing in the NHL right now, add the mullet and you have a **** star right there," and of course, "Why does Claude Giroux with a mustache remind me of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets...?" Dude. The first fucking SECOND of December that thing needs to go.

2. Passing to, or near, or in the same building as Scott Hartnell. Giroux tried to spring him at least 4 times tonight and Hartnell never got it clean. Every time he touched the puck he had trouble handling it; it was pretty bad, and I LIKE Hartnell. He got an assist because he passed it to Giroux in the defensive zone and Giroux sprung somebody else, but other than that, terrible. (That said, Harts wasn't the only one having issues tonight. A bad ice surface, maybe?)

3. Rinaldo getting called 10 by himself. What, was he calling himself sexist/racist/homophobic comments? It takes two to tango.

Bonus goat: The clock. You'd think in our modern world we could make a display that did nothing but increment at a set interval without it stopping, but you'd be wrong.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, we can make technology like THIS, but we can't make a fucking clock work?

Last edited by a moderator:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ok I remember that, just didn't realize who it was. We've been sloppy along the blue line lately. Mostly on the PP, but still can't risk those passes unless your name rhymes with fraud piroux

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix 11/17

Stars

1) Bryz. Aside from letting that weak side shot slip through the 5 hole, the dude was awesome.

2) Read. R.O.Y. folks.

3) Everyone else wearing the O&B.

Goats

(See 48's assessment)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JVR first star was the best player on the ice for both teams with an honorable mention to Voacek (does he have a nick name yet) and Read rules along with Bryz
Our penalty killing was unbelievable which i need to give another star too, man we had a lot of stars
Goat Giroux skate sharpener guy he fell down as much as ive seen all year.
Goat the ref who gave rinaldo the 10 mins
Goat the Flyer announcers who were talking how good the Coyotes were in 1 goal games

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets

Goat - Chris Pronger

You're terrible, i fucking hate you, i would rather pay 4.9 million to an empty locker. retire, you old fuck.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that needed its own post.. the rest

Stars:
1. Matt Read, i think he sealed the deal for me getting his jersey, might get it next week
4. Bob when it was a difficult save

Goats:
2. Bob when it was an easy save

what goes on in bob's head? if he doesn't have to move like a cat on crack he cant stop a beach ball right now.. it doesn't make any sense

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that needed its own post.. the rest

Stars:
1. Matt Read, i think he sealed the deal for me getting his jersey, might get it next week
4. Bob when it was a difficult save

Goats:
2. Bob when it was an easy save

Unfortunately there were a couple. Defense shit the bed again, but bad goals are just not acceptable.

Stars

1. Matt FUCKING Read - again
2. Roooo - Can set up a blind cripple for a goal
3. I think thats it

Goats

1. Defense - Back to their old ways
2. Bob - 2 flat out terrible goals will cost us every time
3. I think thats it

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets

Goat - Chris Pronger

You're terrible, i fucking hate you, i would rather pay 4.9 million to an empty locker. retire, you old fuck.

Homer for signing Pronger to 7 year deal 35+ contract and keeping us on the hook for 4.9m a year even after he retires. :lm:

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we keep this up, we should tally up everyones votes at the end of the season and see who the top 3 stars and top 3 goats are.

Totally agree. Perhaps I'll get a spread sheet going today, I've got nothing better to do haha