• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah......but that DB class in state was FANTASTIC. We ended up with damn near all of them. Never seen a class this loaded and our biggest comp for most of the kids was TCU. Not sure what Riley was thinking there

Unsure tbh. Lots of Texas guys we’re buying the stuff Herman was selling this cycle. Pulled in some good corners but we completely whiffed on safeties and that was including telling CJ Smith to fuck off. Not happy about that one at all.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah......but that DB class in state was FANTASTIC. We ended up with damn near all of them. Never seen a class this loaded and our biggest comp for most of the kids was TCU. Not sure what Riley was thinking there

I think the biggest issue was Stoops, Cooks and Kish. None got the kids they went after, until Riley got directly involved. I think most recruiters, told every kid, there's a good chance their position coach, might not be there next year. The DB class out of Texas, just might have been the best ever and OU, missed on every last one. Hell, we couldn't keep a 4 star safety out of Oklahoma. Mike Stoops has never been a very strong recruiter and it really showed this last year.

Last year we did pretty good at DB and this year we cleaned up at Dline and Oline. I'll take a decent DB with a great front, over a great DB, with a bad Dline.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unsure tbh. Lots of Texas guys we’re buying the stuff Herman was selling this cycle. Pulled in some good corners but we completely whiffed on safeties and that was including telling CJ Smith to fuck off. Not happy about that one at all.

yeah well we whiffed on OL and DL, so I guess it evens out

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah well we whiffed on OL and DL, so I guess it evens out

We loaded up at those two spots which we’ve desperately needed to do. Got some good LB too.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We loaded up at those two spots which we’ve desperately needed to do. Got some good LB too.

If we EVER get an OL and QB......things will get interesting again. Defensively we're doing well despite missing on a few DL targets. But the OL and QB spot is a trainwreck.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we EVER get an OL and QB......things will get interesting again. Defensively we're doing well despite missing on a few DL targets. But the OL and QB spot is a trainwreck.

Our Defensive recruiting has improved but we won’t get where we need to go until that fucking anchor around our necks is gone. Riley needs to grow some balls and get rid of the cancer.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're also still working with Tim Beck as offensive coordinator. You could bring in 5* QBs and WRs and he'll find a way to make them look like 3*. No idea how he still has a job anywhere.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're also still working with Tim Beck as offensive coordinator. You could bring in 5* QBs and WRs and he'll find a way to make them look like 3*. No idea how he still has a job anywhere.

Beck hasn't called plays our last few games.......he's OC in name only at this point. We still expect a new OC hire soon and Beck demoted to QB coach......not really worried there.

Looks like Texas is about to pull off a minor miracle - word is we now lead for Joseph Ossai, Josh Moore, Daniel Carson, and may pull off about 3 or 4 other surprises to close this class.

Looking like a top 5 overall class, maybe top 3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beck hasn't called plays our last few games.......he's OC in name only at this point. We still expect a new OC hire soon and Beck demoted to QB coach......not really worried there.

Looks like Texas is about to pull off a minor miracle - word is we now lead for Joseph Ossai, Josh Moore, Daniel Carson, and may pull off about 3 or 4 other surprises to close this class.

Oklahoma backed off Carson for some reason.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma backed off Carson for some reason.

He fills a need but his ceiling is limited compared to other prospects. He's no Tatum for sure, but he's a good kid to land, damn near perfect test scores too.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fills a need but his ceiling is limited compared to other prospects. He's no Tatum for sure, but he's a good kid to land, damn near perfect test scores too.

Oklahoma just landed a stable of DE’s this year. Not sure we’ve had a group like this

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma just landed a stable of DE’s this year. Not sure we’ve had a group like this
Yeah, that DL haul is impressive.

I've always wondered why kids sign up to play for a guy like Stoops given his track record. I guess he wasn't the primary recruiter for those kids cause he doesn't produce in terms of turning that talent into NFL prospects. But it's a great haul nonetheless......I'm not sure even HE can fuck this up.

Texas, if we land Coburn, Ossai, Ojomo and Carson will have a solid group as well. It would be a great close to an already stellar class and give us some pieces on the DL to work with.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought you guys were already pretty strong as a top 5 class, no? And that's a smart move for Beck. He's actually a fairly decent QB coach but that dude can't call plays or make adjustments to save his life.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that DL haul is impressive.

I've always wondered why kids sign up to play for a guy like Stoops given his track record. I guess he wasn't the primary recruiter for those kids cause he doesn't produce in terms of turning that talent into NFL prospects. But it's a great haul nonetheless......I'm not sure even HE can fuck this up.

Texas, if we land Coburn, Ossai, Ojomo and Carson will have a solid group as well. It would be a great close to an already stellar class and give us some pieces on the DL to work with.

Yeah, Things are weird on the mike front right now. I’d say it’s 50/50 he’s back for his last year next year. Can’t really get a feel for what’s going on with him. Oklahoma feels like they’re closing in on Ojomo.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you guys were already pretty strong as a top 5 class, no? And that's a smart move for Beck. He's actually a fairly decent QB coach but that dude can't call plays or make adjustments to save his life.

the class is solid but lacks LBs, DL and OL

Looks like they're going hard at JUCO OLs, we should land a few. The DL recruitment has taken a strange turn, all of a sudden we're leading for players we didn't think we had a shot at a week ago.

If we close with the 4 DL I mentioned this will be an OUTSTANDING class, top 3 for certain. Only OSU and Jawja will be better.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Things are weird on the mike front right now. I’d say it’s 50/50 he’s back for his last year next year. Can’t really get a feel for what’s going on with him. Oklahoma feels like they’re closing in on Ojomo.

Interesting......especially given the players that will be ahead of him on the depth chart there. At Texas he's likely to see the field as a freshman. The thing is......he's only 16. His upside is through the roof.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the class is solid but lacks LBs, DL and OL

Looks like they're going hard at JUCO OLs, we should land a few. The DL recruitment has taken a strange turn, all of a sudden we're leading for players we didn't think we had a shot at a week ago.

If we close with the 4 DL I mentioned this will be an OUTSTANDING class, top 3 for certain. Only OSU and Jawja will be better.
I'm guessing you guys will be solid on defense next year but damn, that offense.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you guys will be solid on defense next year but damn, that offense.

The JUCO OLs should help.......but we're looking at the prospect of another true frosh competing to start at QB. We NEED to be able to run the ball.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The JUCO OLs should help.......but we're looking at the prospect of another true frosh competing to start at QB. We NEED to be able to run the ball.
Yes you definitely do. Thanks for Dobbins, btw

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you definitely do. Thanks for Dobbins, btw

Yeah we had no shot at him.......I was hoping he would notice Foreman getting 2k yards and that he would be the heir apparent but losing to Kansas kind of killed any momentum we could have built with him and all the other kids we lost to you that year. A winning season and I really believe we'd have taken Browning for sure......POSSIBLY Okudah.