• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: tOfficial 1st Place Detroit Football Lions @ MN Vikings Game Thread and Predictions.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t able to watch. Seibert missed two kicks? And was Hutch injured? Didn’t show up on the stat line.
Yes 2 but the loss was more on Campbell and the mistakes on defense. Mostly Campbell though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff was not great but he threw a perfect long pass to Reynolds that would have been a TD if Reynolds keeps running it probably lodges in his facemask. He would even need his hands.

Come on now, you have no damn idea if that pass by Goff to Reynolds would have been perfect or not. Yes, as I stated, Reynolds stopped mid-route, but don't attempt to predict that that pass would've been perfect. How about all the other passes he missed on - inclusive of a half a dozen intermediate throws out on the boundary?

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Goff played a very good game.

Campbell lost this one all by himself.
I am not disagreeing with you guys and laying it all on Goff, but Goff's ceiling is going to be a not lose you games guy. Our defense is not good and he simply cannot stretch the field at all. Shut down the run and he is slightly above average at best.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not disagreeing with you guys and laying it all on Goff, but Goff's ceiling is going to be a not lose you games guy. Our defense is not good and he simply cannot stretch the field at all. Shut down the run and he is slightly above average at best.
Our defensive is untalented garabage.

The Redskins might have worse linebackers. But I don’t know who else is in their class.

I don’t think Goff is going to lead us to any Super Bowls. But nobody would playing for this team. Thought he played well. Definitely well enough to win.

This loss is all Campbell.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now, you have no damn idea if that pass by Goff to Reynolds would have been perfect or not. Yes, as I stated, Reynolds stopped mid-route, but don't attempt to predict that that pass would've been perfect. How about all the other passes he missed on - inclusive of a half a dozen intermediate throws out on the boundary?
Like I said, He will never be great. He is good enough though. None of that would have changed the outcome of the game either. No QB makes 100% not even TB12.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the second timeout before attempting a 55 yard field goal honestly pissed me off.

Then using the last one on defense sealed the unvictory. The Vikings were out of TOs. They were going to spike the ball.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the second timeout before attempting a 55 yard field goal honestly pissed me off.

Then using the last one on defense sealed the unvictory. The Vikings were out of TOs. They were going to spike the ball.

Even to go to the length of attempting that 55-yard FG was a mistake in and of itself. Hell, there was 1:14 left in the game at that point and missing the FG gave them 8 more yards to their advantage. That 4th and four is where you go for it with a 13 package and if nothing else, you can eat some time off the clock.

The first half 4th down attempt was idiotic. Vikings had just scored their first points of the game in their previous possession and the momentum had swung their way. You punt the damn ball from your 49-yard line than to give them field advantage.

I'm still going to bitch about Goff's inadequacies and yes, the defense as a whole during that 4th quarter was a complete letdown - as well as other times throughout the game.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, Okudah played better than decent today even though he too had a penalty and a couple of missed tackles today.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense has too many players that are injured and even if all were available to play, right now, almost all of them lack NFL experience to know if they'd be competent.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even to go to the length of attempting that 55-yard FG was a mistake in and of itself. Hell, there was 1:14 left in the game at that point and missing the FG gave them 8 more yards to their advantage. That 4th and four is where you go for it with a 13 package and if nothing else, you can eat some time off the clock.

The first half 4th down attempt was idiotic. Vikings had just scored their first points of the game in their previous possession and the momentum had swung their way. You punt the damn ball from your 49-yard line than to give them field advantage.

I'm still going to bitch about Goff's inadequacies and yes, the defense as a whole during that 4th quarter was a complete letdown - as well as other times throughout the game.
Take the delay of game there and punt if you aren’t going for it.

Using the timeout and not going for it is kinda inexcusable.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, Okudah played better than decent today even though he too had a penalty and a couple of missed tackles today.
I thought he he did incredible.

That was the fewest receiving yards of Jefferson’s career.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the timeout and not going for it is kinda inexcusable.

agree

Take the delay of game there and punt if you aren’t going for it.

You are correct here if you choose to take the delay of game penalty, but then you are relying on a pooch punt. I can see where at worst; the pooch punt fails, and they get the ball at their own 20 which is a hell of a lot better than their 44-yard line.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never expect perfection from any of the Lions players, but damn, this team has a long way to go to become a team.

The O-line was probably the best aspect of the entire team today.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I warned others last week that Campbell's penchant going for 4th down would come back to haunt him.

It did today. Twice.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the first road game of the season today and with Seahawks at home next week and then consecutive road games against Patriots, bye week, and then Cowboys, we'll get a better outlook on what they players look like.

I hate seeing a possible 5-6 starters on IR as that alone adds to all the questions of what this team could possibly end up being. It's the NFL and many teams are in the same boat as this team.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't going to be good if confirmed tomorrow.

“We’ll know more in the morning,” Campbell said. “It doesn’t look really good, but, obviously, it’s the ankle area, possibly it could be the Achilles. We’ll see. We’ll know more tomorrow.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you should, DC.

“I fricken regret my decision there in the end,” Campbell said after the game. “I should have gone for it on fourth down, and I told the team I should’ve gone for it.”

He later added: “I regret that decision 100 percent. I really do, Dave (Birkett). I hate it, and I do feel like I cost our team. I really do, man.”

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I couldn't watch this one. Watching them piss it away on espn's play by play was bad enough.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might very well have been his very best game to date, but I damn for sure need to see more like this game from him in the future.
As our second best player on defense and a first round pick, you should have 48 more games to see him.

Unless he gets hurt again.