• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toffical Game 4 GDT: Flyers vs debbies

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we might as well put it here, all I want are flyerfans in this thread, Lets do our fanbase proud and show up for this game, shall we.

Okay some body please tell me if we lose to these pukes, why Lavi should be back next year? I mean I'm still trying to figure out why he started tinkering with the fucking lines, and yes, it did start before we started losing..Not sure I understand Briere not centering Schenn and Simmonds? Weird, but Lavi is making stupid decisions..

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jagr was nursing something because he was replaced by JVR and didn't look good all game.

DB's line was switched because they were a minus 17 last series....his new line has played well since but no one else is helping. Where's the rest of the guys? Where's the desperation? Better find it in game 4.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jagr was nursing something because he was replaced by JVR and didn't look good all game.

DB's line was switched because they were a minus 17 last series....his new line has played well since but no one else is helping. Where's the rest of the guys? Where's the desperation? Better find it in game 4.

Well if Jagrs nursing something, then he needs to sit, would rather have Rinaldo in there for energy and a few big hits..

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Awaz, JVR looks like he has no fuckin clue half the time he is out there. I want to think he can get better but I just don't see it as anything but a waste of time..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, chasin you around threads tonight SF. He didn't look great I agree, but he didn't look any worse than the rest of them. Where'd Simmonds go, we could really use his 100% winning percentage in board battles right now.

I'll just say I completely disagree on lava and leave it at that haha

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Vorachek, JVR, Schenn & Briere(yes I'm saying it) were the only ones with a clue in the offensive zone today. Jagr is def not 100% and his ass needs to go to the press box, I just hope Cooter is back next game.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Vorachek, JVR, Schenn & Briere(yes I'm saying it) were the only ones with a clue in the offensive zone today. Jagr is def not 100% and his ass needs to go to the press box, I just hope Cooter is back next game.

And are absolutely no help on the defensive end, Quit standing around and watching the fuckin puck, hit somebody and become part of the fuckin play..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
voracek is quite good defensively

the rest, not so much.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
voracek is quite good defensively

the rest, not so much.

He hasn't been the last 2 games? Cooter has been our best shut down forward, hope he's not injured too badly..

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds on next game that the Flyers will score often, but Bryzy will be due for a shit game? This pisses me off that this team can't be on the same page. Btw, Carle you suck nuts dude. How the fuck do you let Parise school you like that behind the net? You scored a goal, fine. However, you Re responsible for at least two of those goals last night. Our rookies fucked up in OT on the line change which resulted in the game winner. This team had better wake the fuck up and quickly. Do not like the idea of being down 1-3 with a very young team.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JvR skates around like he doesn't have a care in the world.

On offense or defense.....the kid is forever out of position tip toeing thru the fucking tulips.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JvR skates around like he doesn't have a care in the world.

On offense or defense.....the kid is forever out of position tip toeing thru the fucking tulips.

Don't worry my Friend, He'll look good somewhere else next year, just hope we can rip someone off for a good dman before they know his true worth..

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry my Friend, He'll look good somewhere else next year, just hope we can rip someone off for a good dman before they know his true worth..

Hope you're right brother.

Carla, JvR for Weber or Suter and a 2nd.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't news but Briere can't play defense for shit. He is a serious liability out there.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And oh yeah, our third d pairing ain't cutting it. Just like when we went to the Cup finals.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please just watch JVR backcheck. It the most pathetic thing ive have ever seen in all sports. Goes into the offensive zone and comes back slower than Jagr with a broken back. He doesnt even attempt to get back. worst number 2 pick ever.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please just watch JVR backcheck. It the most pathetic thing ive have ever seen in all sports. Goes into the offensive zone and comes back slower than Jagr with a broken back. He doesnt even attempt to get back. worst number 2 pick ever.

Damn it Las, I'm about to concede on JVR. We can all agree he is a very talented forward, correct? I'm starting to agree with most of you in regard to trading him. Let's say JVR and Carle, and Shitty for Datsyuk and Kronwall. J/k. Holland would get tortured. I think Schenn would be the most likely to join us during the offseason. His cap hit isn't bad, plus Burke is the biggest JVR fan around next to you Las.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh...it is funny, when I called for Lavy's head during the regular season I was shouted down nearly every where...accept in my house, but that is because my wife kinda agreed and kinda didn't care.

Look, the coach is ultimately accountable for how his team is playing. It is up to the coach to tinker with the lines as needed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it makes things worse. When it makes things worse, or has no effect, the coach is on the hot seat. When it does he is a genius. Much of this tinkering has been a wash. Trying to get JvR on a roll at the expense of Voracek is just wrong. Simmonds has a serious case of the stone hands right now and playing him on either top line or the PP is just hurting the scoring potential of the line.

If Lavy were rewarding players with ice time, then why is Wellwood not on the #1 line and PP?

The bottom line really is that for whatever reason the Flyers can not/have not played consistend 60 minute hockey all season. Same last year and the year before. Too many shifts and periods taken off. Too often showing up flat to start games. Too often the goalie is the excuse for horrible defensive zone coverage. Injured players are used as an excuse for just plain bad play and poor preperation or design as the game unwinds. That is all well and good if you don't expect to win, or want your fan base to expect you to win...but this is Philly and we are talking about the Flyers.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh...it is funny, when I called for Lavy's head during the regular season I was shouted down nearly every where...accept in my house, but that is because my wife kinda agreed and kinda didn't care.

Look, the coach is ultimately accountable for how his team is playing. It is up to the coach to tinker with the lines as needed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it makes things worse. When it makes things worse, or has no effect, the coach is on the hot seat. When it does he is a genius. Much of this tinkering has been a wash. Trying to get JvR on a roll at the expense of Voracek is just wrong. Simmonds has a serious case of the stone hands right now and playing him on either top line or the PP is just hurting the scoring potential of the line.

If Lavy were rewarding players with ice time, then why is Wellwood not on the #1 line and PP?

The bottom line really is that for whatever reason the Flyers can not/have not played consistend 60 minute hockey all season. Same last year and the year before. Too many shifts and periods taken off. Too often showing up flat to start games. Too often the goalie is the excuse for horrible defensive zone coverage. Injured players are used as an excuse for just plain bad play and poor preperation or design as the game unwinds. That is all well and good if you don't expect to win, or want your fan base to expect you to win...but this is Philly and we are talking about the Flyers.

lol because Wellwood can't finish for shit.