• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Today was opening day - here were the rankings

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**Sigh** Wondering if the Sox would have played today. The forecast shows 45 degrees and rain. Not sure if it's raining at this moment, but at best the conditions would have been nasty. Anyway, here was ESPN's power rankings entering the season. They had us at 18 - too low IMO.

Today-would-have-been-Opening Day MLB Power Rankings

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Stupid virus.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giolito would have won this game. Sox up 1-0 in the standing - tied for 1st place.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this shit so much.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, I think 18 is a fair opening day ranking for us after our offseason moves. We make the jump to top 15 over the course of this year and then look out mother f*ckers next season. *fingers crossed*

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, I think 18 is a fair opening day ranking for us after our offseason moves. We make the jump to top 15 over the course of this year and then look out mother f*ckers next season. *fingers crossed*
I know that rankings are meaningless being this isn't college sports where rankings actually matter. But nonetheless, I objectively believe that we should ranked at the very least around 15th - assuming that is if we think we have a roster good enough to end the 2020 campaign with a winning record. Last year 15 clubs finished above .500, with the bottom two clubs in that batch - the 'other' Sox and the Cubs - sporting an 84 win season. #13, the Diamondbacks, won 85 games. We definitely belong in that mix.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that rankings are meaningless being this isn't college sports where rankings actually matter. But nonetheless, I objectively believe that we should ranked at the very least around 15th - assuming that is if we think we have a roster good enough to end the 2020 campaign with a winning record. Last year 15 clubs finished above .500, with the bottom two clubs in that batch - the 'other' Sox and the Cubs - sporting an 84 win season. #13, the Diamondbacks, won 85 games. We definitely belong in that mix.

That's why I think top 15 before season is over...but I can't fault them for going 18. We were really sh*tty last year and have a lot of new and unproven parts. The ranker folks change this stuff weekly on the reg so if it was that obvious that we're going places after a couple weeks we'd be where you claim we should be.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think top 15 before season is over...but I can't fault them for going 18. We were really sh*tty last year and have a lot of new and unproven parts. The ranker folks change this stuff weekly on the reg so if it was that obvious that we're going places after a couple weeks we'd be where you claim we should be.
The Angels were equally shitty and the Reds almost as shitty, yet they were ranked 14 & 13, respectively. Why? Because they were deemed by the pundits to have improved themselves in the offseason. The Reds in particular. No argument about the Reds, I believe I stated somewhere that I thought they had one of the best offseasons in the game. But so did the White Sox, with many analysts saying we improved ourselves the most. But again, we're talking meaningless pre-season rankings, so this is merely pablum for discussion when there's otherwise very little else to discuss.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels were equally shitty and the Reds almost as shitty, yet they were ranked 14 & 13, respectively. Why? Because they were deemed by the pundits to have improved themselves in the offseason. The Reds in particular. No argument about the Reds, I believe I stated somewhere that I thought they had one of the best offseasons in the game. But so did the White Sox, with many analysts saying we improved ourselves the most. But again, we're talking meaningless pre-season rankings, so this is merely pablum for discussion when there's otherwise very little else to discuss.

We'll be top 15 for sure...Maybe not top 10...but for sure top 15 when it is all said and done. I'm most interested to see how we stack up vs. the Indians record-wise. Twins are gonna be up in the 90+ win territory for sure.