• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Today’s email to STHs...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And WA also counts deaths as COVID no matter the actual cause of death so long as that person tested positive. That is a direct quote from the person in charge of the state's health stats department/office. Also, multiple positive tests on a single individual are counting as separate cases. I don't expect numbers on stuff like this to be 100% accurate, but there are real problems with what we are counting here -- enough to make me very skeptical of what the ground truth actually is.

But yeah, I agree Inslee isn't gonna let up...because science and data and not politics. (and also piss down my back and tell me it's raining)

I believe they're cooking the books, and I don't believe they're being entirely honest on reporting. Even with that, Washington has been fairly healthy throughout this whole thing.

People get sick. They've contracted diseases for the entirety of human history. The same people who are at greatest risk are the ones at greatest risk of any disease. The shut down was excessive, but it's what Washington gets to deal with, and as long as there are numbers that show Washington is doing well against the virus, then Inslee has no reason to lift the shutdown.

Interesting side point - you're more likely to catch COVID in a Republican (governor) state (191.59 cases per 10,000 vs. 150.66) but more likely to die from it in Democrat states (6.11 deaths per 10,000 vs. 4.33).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eeww you just brought politics into this board! BOOOO!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you bring up democrat and republican into it, it's political be it stats are not. lets not do it i like to escape all the stupidity here. i beg

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you bring up democrat and republican into it, it's political be it stats are not. lets not do it i like to escape all the stupidity here. i beg

True, I used the horrible terms. Though, the terms Republican and Democrat, though parties, does not unilaterally indicate that the post itself without context must be political in nature. I’d argue that argument of positions is needed to be political in nature.

But, I can see the need to distance oneself from ideological discussions on occasion. in a world more disturbing everyday, finding refuge from the constant, every day bickering that occurs in political commentary. Need say no more, I apologize for offense.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 47 people in that state are doing well, right.

62 died of the flu last year in the state of ID - PY/YTD same time frame as Covid...

Stage 4 with a strong economy... Been stage 4 for four months unlike stage 1 -2 in the state of WA...

Washington OTOH, isn't even sniffing what Idaho is doing... I don't live in Idaho but it's night and day when crossing the state line... Morale, economy, etc is much higher in Idaho...

West side of WA is drinking Inslee's koolaid...

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the NFL would just mandate a league-wide policy of no fans for the first couple of weeks. Noise is an inherent benefit to the home team and for only some teams to have fan noise seems silly.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the NFL would just mandate a league-wide policy of no fans for the first couple of weeks. Noise is an inherent benefit to the home team and for only some teams to have fan noise seems silly.
It definitely does seem to be a fairness issue with some teams having fans and some not, but if the league mandated no fans then that is less revenue. Usually they don't like to make decisions that directly lead to less revenue.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely does seem to be a fairness issue with some teams having fans and some not, but if the league mandated no fans then that is less revenue. Usually they don't like to make decisions that directly lead to less revenue.
yeah I get it. I'm sure that is the only issue overriding fairness. This is gonna be a financially rough year for owners. Giving them the option to profit over public safety issues though is somewhat concerning as I am sure many owners will not be able to pass up the opportunity to make money