• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

To Do List...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players to Cut in the offseason (who start):
Bobby Hart
Cordy Glenn

Players to Trade:
Dalton has a year left on his contract, trade him in the offseason
Green, Franchise tag him, and let him work out a new contract with trade candidate

Free Agents:
La'el Collins OT
Myles Jack LB
Teddy Bridgewater QB

Draft:
#1a Draft Pick - Chase Young, DE, OSU
#1b Draft Pick - (from Green trade) - Tyler Biadasz, OG/OC, Wisconsin
#2 Draft Pick - Anfernee Jennings, OLB, Alabama
#3 Draft Pick - A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players to Cut in the offseason (who start):
Bobby Hart
Cordy Glenn

Players to Trade:
Dalton has a year left on his contract, trade him in the offseason
Green, Franchise tag him, and let him work out a new contract with trade candidate

Free Agents:
La'el Collins OT
Myles Jack LB
Teddy Bridgewater QB

Draft:
#1a Draft Pick - Chase Young, DE, OSU
#1b Draft Pick - (from Green trade) - Tyler Biadasz, OG/OC, Wisconsin
#2 Draft Pick - Anfernee Jennings, OLB, Alabama
#3 Draft Pick - A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson
That may be a good plan. I don't see a chance that they don't go QB with their first pick. You get the first pick in the draft so rarely it'd be hard to not take a top prospect like Burrow.
They should be talking to the Bears already about trading Dalton. Their won't be many teams who want him as their starter and you don't get much back in a trade for a backup QB.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be a good plan. I don't see a chance that they don't go QB with their first pick. You get the first pick in the draft so rarely it'd be hard to not take a top prospect like Burrow.
They should be talking to the Bears already about trading Dalton. Their won't be many teams who want him as their starter and you don't get much back in a trade for a backup QB.

Well, no matter what QB you take, if you do not fix the offensive line to protect him, it doesn't matter. Then you have a defense that forces you to put up 30 points a game to have a chance. Fix that offensive line and defense, and no QB in this draft is a sure thing. Especially Burrow who had a very pedestrian year, and then one really good year. Reminds me too much of Akili Smith. One good college season.

Better oline means better pass protection, and better run game, best QB protection, a good run game.

Chase Young is one of those few decade players that is worth taking over QB, even if you need QB. Bridgewater would be interested in becoming a starting QB again, quality vet, and Taylor can build his offense around the play action like he wants. Green will be gone, but Ross, Boyd and Tate will be back next year. This could begin to rebuild this team, but we build from the inside out.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, no matter what QB you take, if you do not fix the offensive line to protect him, it doesn't matter. Then you have a defense that forces you to put up 30 points a game to have a chance. Fix that offensive line and defense, and no QB in this draft is a sure thing. Especially Burrow who had a very pedestrian year, and then one really good year. Reminds me too much of Akili Smith. One good college season.

Better oline means better pass protection, and better run game, best QB protection, a good run game.

Chase Young is one of those few decade players that is worth taking over QB, even if you need QB. Bridgewater would be interested in becoming a starting QB again, quality vet, and Taylor can build his offense around the play action like he wants. Green will be gone, but Ross, Boyd and Tate will be back next year. This could begin to rebuild this team, but we build from the inside out.
I don't disagree with anything except I think the Bengals will draft Burrow.
I'm a Colts fan, so I know how building that O-line can improve every aspect of the game. Better pass protection means better QB play. Also give the WR's and TE's time to get separation. Obviously it helps the running game. It also helps the defense because time of possession is better for the offense. I'd even say it helps the special teams because field possession is better. Those 3rd an 2 and 3rd and 3's are not passing downs exclusively.

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does not matter who they pick,or who they trade. There is no cure for this dumpster fire of a franchise.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the list doesn't start with "Find new owner, or Hire GM" it doesn't matter.

None of what NEEDS to be done will be done. It will be business as usual. Those here who don't remember the greatness of the 90's franchise are about to get a real-life lesson. It's Dave Shula time all over again.

Reactions: gob

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the list doesn't start with "Find new owner, or Hire GM" it doesn't matter.

None of what NEEDS to be done will be done. It will be business as usual. Those here who don't remember the greatness of the 90's franchise are about to get a real-life lesson. It's Dave Shula time all over again.

I wish I could argue with you, but I can't....

Here's the thing - Football is getting more complex, not less complex. Look at college football.... The major programs are investing huge money in everything from diet and sleep to complex analytics on the field. Same is true in the pro game. This is creating big (yes, sometimes bloated) franchises with lots and lots of personnel on staff. You think the Bengals are going to invest in this? No way. The 90s represented an era where the Bengals fell behind because the era of free agency began and the Bengals didn't adapt quickly enough to either keep their own or add from other teams. The next lost decade will happen because the Bengals refuse to keep up with new paradigms of player and scheme development.

Yes, they might get by on drafting good players from power conferences.... But I bet player development starts to slip. I think the Bengals are destined to fail from a structural standpoint and that's not going to change.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Turf Toe, Green has not been the same. unless he amputates that toe, no one is going to trade much of anything for him, he'll leave as a free agent, or maybe a 4th rounder, a 3rd at the most. The talent is there, but he's no longer a consistent contributor.