• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TLance Rookie QB Predictions

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that most of the fantasy relevant rookies have been drafted in both the main dynasty leagues, going to post this.

Joe Burrow: Future star- this guy has an awesome combination of high floor and high ceiling. I know people will point to inexperience as a knock against him, but he flashed every imaginable skill last season, while most importantly showing an extremely advanced ability to read the field and make decisions. He will be a franchise QB and he has the upside to be a hall of famer someday.

Floor = Kirk Cousins, ceiling = more athletic Drew Brees

Tua Tagovailoa: Bust- maybe not totally from a fantasy standpoint, but he is going to struggle and will be inconsistent. Tua throws a beautiful ball, and it is easy to be enamored watching him throw strikes out of clean pockets to an all time great collegiate WR core, but the reality is that Tua struggles to make decisions when pressured, and when defenses could disguise coverages (which very rarely happened to him at the college level). He will probably make enough plays to keep his job for a few years, but when he is up for that first contract, the Dolphins are going to face that difficult decision on whether to keep him or cut bait. He might make enough plays to provide some fantasy value in between interceptions though.

Closest on field comp- Jameis Winston

Justin Herbert: Herbert has a wide range of outcomes and will need to improve his ball
Placement and accuracy to meet the high end of his expected outcome, but I believe he has the mental game to excel if he can sure up the mechanics. Herbert has a strong chance to be a low end to average franchise QB

Floor - Blaine Gabbert, ceiling = Less athletic CARSON Wentz

Jordan Love: Bust. Don’t waste your time waiting for this guy to develop. He throws a pretty ball but lacks the decision making skills to play the QB position effectively at the NFL level. Once a year scouts fall for the big armed kid who just “needs a little coaching”. Well, Love is that player this year. My bet is that you won’t see him starting very many NFL games and that the Packers will move on within a season of Rodgers’ departure, if not before.

Jalen Hurts: Not a QB. Will make a nice Taysom Hill clone though!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from Burrow, yeah I think.

Burrow going to be really good though. And I think Herbert could be solid.
hahah dude, i read that on my phone, i read "ceiling-kirk cousins" for burrow......thats why said that.........

im not a hebert believer.....but what do i know

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mr done nothing since highschool.
Neither did Brady, really

I'd say getting extensive PT in Georgia as a freshman is pretty dang impressive. 23/8 at Washington might not blow anyone away, but also nothing to laugh at

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did Brady, really
true, but lets be serious.......everytime i hear someone say "brady was a sixth rounder" , I think "jamarcus russell was #1 overall" things happen.......it doesnt mean its the norm and in brady's case its the 1 single outlier.....

it could happen....but yeah.......

Eason didnt hack it at georgia, and then didnt impress at washington really.......hes another guy with a big arm......kyle boller had one, jamarcus had one, locker had one.....theres alot of guys that had a big arm .......lot of guys that accomplished more with a big arm and flopped.....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, but lets be serious.......everytime i hear someone say "brady was a sixth rounder" , I think "jamarcus russell was #1 overall" things happen.......it doesnt mean its the norm and in brady's case its the 1 single outlier.....

Eason didnt hack it at georgia, and then didnt impress at washington really.......hes another guy with a big arm......kyle boller had one, jamarcus had one, locker had one.....theres alot of guys that had a big arm .......lot of guys that accomplished more with a big arm and flopped.....
Well, he still did more than "nothing".. And his freshman stats say he hacked it pretty decently at Georgia..as a freshman..just didn't work out. Not following Georgia football, I don't know why, but certainly looked like a promising start

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tua to Winston comp is interesting. I'm sticking with a Teddy Bridgewater comparison for him. Tua is a good decision maker if he can stay on the field but he is going to have to learn to avoid hits. Makes progressions and his arm is good enough. Dolphins rebuild was somewhat mediocre, though, and I don't trust that organization at all.

Burrows ceiling is peak Kurt Warner and his floor might actually resemble what is going on with Baker Mayfield right now. I don't think that's likely but that's why it's a floor. The Romo comps are a fair middle ground. I like the Bengals weapons on paper but AJ Green is fool's gold and I still don't know about that oline.

Herbert's floor is Nick Foles in the regular season and his ceiling is Nick Foles in the playoffs. Can I do that? Chargers have a hole at left tackle but they have weapons as long as they keep Keenan Allen around. Too erratic to trust, imo.

Eason is Jameis Winston. But if he is on the bench then maybe he develops. Upside is a Kirk Cousins type where he has to earn respect for awhile. Colts are a good spot to do that but he fell for a reason. Floor is Ryan Mallet.

Love could be anything. Floor is Paxton Lynch and ceiling is... interesting. Don't know if he has much fantasy value. He shouldn't see the field until 2021 or 2022.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just imagine ol Tom signed with my beloved Montreal Expos and decided not to chose Football what a different last couple of decades the NFL would have seen upload_2020-4-30_22-14-21.jpeg

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he still did more than "nothing".. And his freshman stats say he hacked it pretty decently at Georgia..as a freshman..just didn't work out. Not following Georgia football, I don't know why, but certainly looked like a promising start
he did ok, i mean nothing to garner the semi hype hes received though.....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lost his job due to injury. Eason was fine at UGA imo.
But that's just it. He was fine....so the guy he lost his job too was better and was drafted later....and did more. Fromm went after Eason right?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's just it. He was fine....so the guy he lost his job too was better and was drafted later....and did more. Fromm went after Eason right?
A lot of people were annoyed Eason never got a shot after clearing the injury. Fromm was a good college QB but choked in big games

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Eason has a good chance at being ....Philip Rivers. Rivers and Reich will teach him well.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people were annoyed Eason never got a shot after clearing the injury. Fromm was a good college QB but choked in big games
i agree, im just saying being ok doesnt justify the hyper or drafting him. lots of college qbs are ok. Shea
weber.....