• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TKO's All Sleeper Team

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all. I'm sure most leagues are getting ready to draft real soon, if you haven't already. Just wanted to throw out my sleeper team (even before our MBBRL draft!). Gad Dommit I love baseball!

C - Devon Mesoraco: many experts will choose Ramos here, or maybe Gomes, both of which I agree with. I'll go deeper and guarantee 20 HR from DM, with respectable surrounding cats. Points leagues will be disappointed with the walk rate, but to even things out, he shouldn't hurt you with strikeouts.
1B - Jose Abreu: sure, he's not "under the radar", but he is consistently going behind the Belts and Adams' of the world, and could easily be a top five option at the talented position.
2B - Brian Roberts: seriously. okay, I know the chances of 500 at bats are slim to none, but I'll go out on a limb and give you a .275, 82, 16, 65, 24 line.
3B - Will Middlebrooks: I'm not sure I've ever seen such low enthusiasm for a potential 30 homer guy, are we really scared of Stephen Drew?
SS - JJ Hardy: I find it really easy to select Hardy in the beginning of the double digit rounds, knowing I'm getting 20 HR from my short stop.
OF - AJ Pollock: getting no love for reasons I can't explain. real chance at 600 lead off at bats in the desert, scoring lots of runs with big Goldy knocking him in while he steals 30 bases.
OF - Melky Cabrera: I won't reach for him, but I think the Melk Man can return to a plus .300 average with help in all cats... and points leagues will love his K rate.
OF - Will Veneble: with Maybin hurt (again), it opens up more playing time in a once crowded outfield in San Diego. Last year's quietest 20-20.

SP - Marco Estrada
SP - Martin Perez
RP - Drew Smyly
RP - Rex Brothers

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, forgot to bold the names to make it easier to read... :)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great list!!!
Smyly, Perez, Mesoraco, Abreu,Middlebrooks, Venable (esp now with Maybin out) are my favourites...all good though! Thanks for sharing!

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2B - Brian Roberts: seriously. okay, I know the chances of 500 at bats are slim to none, but I'll go out on a limb and give you a .275, 82, 16, 65, 24 line.

500 at bats? I don't see him making it through April.:laugh3:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all. I'm sure most leagues are getting ready to draft real soon, if you haven't already. Just wanted to throw out my sleeper team (even before our MBBRL draft!). Gad Dommit I love baseball!

C - Devon Mesoraco: many experts will choose Ramos here, or maybe Gomes, both of which I agree with. I'll go deeper and guarantee 20 HR from DM, with respectable surrounding cats. Points leagues will be disappointed with the walk rate, but to even things out, he shouldn't hurt you with strikeouts.
1B - Jose Abreu: sure, he's not "under the radar", but he is consistently going behind the Belts and Adams' of the world, and could easily be a top five option at the talented position.
3B - Will Middlebrooks: I'm not sure I've ever seen such low enthusiasm for a potential 30 homer guy, are we really scared of Stephen Drew?
SS - JJ Hardy: I find it really easy to select Hardy in the beginning of the double digit rounds, knowing I'm getting 20 HR from my short stop.
OF - AJ Pollock: getting no love for reasons I can't explain. real chance at 600 lead off at bats in the desert, scoring lots of runs with big Goldy knocking him in while he steals 30 bases.
OF - Melky Cabrera: I won't reach for him, but I think the Melk Man can return to a plus .300 average with help in all cats... and points leagues will love his K rate.
OF - Will Veneble: with Maybin hurt (again), it opens up more playing time in a once crowded outfield in San Diego. Last year's quietest 20-20.

SP - Marco Estrada
SP - Martin Perez
RP - Drew Smyly
RP - Rex Brothers

aj Pollock could be good if he gets enough at bats... But too big of a risk on draft day to count on him... But with tulliosopo, Ross, PArra, and trumbo all in the OF that might be crowded for all that unproven players...

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aj Pollock could be good if he gets enough at bats... But too big of a risk on draft day to count on him... But with tulliosopo, Ross, PArra, and trumbo all in the OF that might be crowded for all that unproven players...

I've been pimping Pollock since last year, no risk there in my mind. Parra & Ross will be a lefty righty platoon as both suck against the other.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SP - Marco Estrada
SP - Martin Perez
RP - Drew Smyly
RP - Rex Brothers

You forgot to name a manager. And, who could possibly manage an all sleeper team better than Rip Van Winkle.........

Sorry. Starting to get tired, bored, and punchy, which is the norm for me around this time everyday.....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to name a manager. And, who could possibly manage an all sleeper team better than Rip Van Winkle.........

Sorry. Starting to get tired, bored, and punchy, which is the norm for me around this time everyday.....

I disagree the best person to manage this team would be mariano rivera... Enter the sandman!!!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree the best person to manage this team would be mariano rivera... Enter the sandman!!!

Not a bad idea at all. In fact, I wish I would have thought of that myself.......

"Hell's Bell's!!!!"

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Abreu's potential, but can we really consider Hardy a sleeper? IMO, best SS well defensively in the game, and has some pop. Should be one of the top 5 SS' selected.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but can we really consider Hardy a sleeper? IMO, best SS well defensively in the game, and has some pop. Should be one of the top 5 SS' selected

...and never is, hence... sleeper!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Hardy for about half the year in this league last year. . And my team was auto drafted.. tells ya what everyone else around here truly thinks of the guy ;)

BTW, was very pleased with his results too, and he made a decent trade chip later on.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great call on Marco...snagged him about 2 weeks ago thinking the same thing...almost did Brian Roberts but couldn't sell myself on him.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list TKO, except for Melky. I think he's gonna go right on sleeping.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Hardy for about half the year in this league last year. . And my team was auto drafted.. tells ya what everyone else around here truly thinks of the guy ;)

BTW, was very pleased with his results too, and he made a decent trade chip later on.

as the other end of that trade chip, I know I was very pleased.. my three Orioles almost got me there (Jones, Davis, Hardy)... for the life of me, I can't remember who I sent to you in that deal?

...yeah Chef, Melky is a points league guy, I will not be targeting him in category or roto.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't either, but I recall not being disappointed by the deal. .lol

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SP - Marco Estrada
SP - Martin Perez
RP - Drew Smyly
RP - Rex Brothers

Middlebrooks was coming off an injury and struggled in the 1st half pretty badly before getting demoted. He played much better in the 2nd half, showing considerably better plate discipline (granted it was still a pretty small sample size). The power's legit, but he's never gonna get on base much. The defense has been a pretty big disappointment thus far.

Some pretty good ones, especially Estrada and Smyly. I really like Corey Kluber as well.