• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans owner dies.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damn, I sort of feel bad now for winning the game last night. I hope we didn't cause his death.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP

Now his grandson is in charge. Gonna be interesting to see what he decides to do with the team in the off-season.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP

Now his grandson is in charge. Gonna be interesting to see what he decides to do with the team in the off-season.

That surprised me at first, I was curious why his kids didn't want the team. Then I read that he was survived by two daughters and that his son died in the 80s. His daughters are probably in their 50s or 60s and likely have about as much interest in running a team as Denise DeBartelo York. Should definitely be interesting to see what changes are made under new ownership.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That surprised me at first, I was curious why his kids didn't want the team. Then I read that he was survived by two daughters and that his son died in the 80s. His daughters are probably in their 50s or 60s and likely have about as much interest in running a team as Denise DeBartelo York. Should definitely be interesting to see what changes are made under new ownership.

Yeah the family could decide to battle it out amongst each other like Denise and Eddie. Hopefully not, I'd like to see what Kenneth Adams decides to do.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the family could decide to battle it out amongst each other like Denise and Eddie. Hopefully not, I'd like to see what Kenneth Adams decides to do.

Yeah, families tend to fight over a nearly billion dollar asset. Hopefully they all have a great relationship and nobody feels like they were left out or cheated.

Moving forward, the central figure in all this is Adams' grandson and namesake, Kenneth S. Adams IV. He has been working for the Titans since graduating from the University of the South in 2006... Kenneth Adams is the only member of the Adams family that has had a hands-on working relationship with the Titans. Tommy Smith, Bud Adams' son-in-law, was offered an opportunity to move to Nashville and help run the franchise when the then-Oilers landed on Tennessee turf in 1997 but declined.

Kenneth Adams has handled various assignments with the Titans over the last seven-plus years. More recently, he has worked in the front office. On some Sundays, he was visible on the sideline at LP Field prior to games, often visiting with his grandfather. Most believe he has been groomed to run the team.

Graduated college in 2006 huh, damn he is young if that was his B.A. or B.S. From the USA Today article it sounds like nobody else in the family was interested which hopefully means nobody turns this into a fight for control.