• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans GM Be Gone!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont trade star players without the owner showing that he is 100% OK with it is the moral of this story.

Yeah sums it up. Though ownership had to know about the trade and ok'd it

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure Ive ever seen a coach as upset with how a player was handled as Vrabel was with AJ Brown. The WR market also changed at the same time the Titans doubled down on paying mediocre trench players instead of a star WR.

Meanwhile, Brett Veach...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure Ive ever seen a coach as upset with how a player was handled as Vrabel was with AJ Brown. The WR market also changed at the same time the Titans doubled down on paying mediocre trench players instead of a star WR.

Nah. They just whiffed badly on their trench picks

I’ll get into later, but the Adams family continues to hold back the titans

Robinson did not deserve to be fired at all

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the timing coming right after AJ Brown torched the Titans for two TDs and 100+ yards is surely not coincidental.

I think Robinson did a very good job in general of building talent there, and hiring a good coach, but he struggled to maintain it, and I do think the decision to trade Brown was likely a huge mistake for them. Yes, he wanted to get paid, but he is 25 years old and worth it. I guess they thought since they are a run-focused team that paying a WR was a bad idea, but they needed at least one real threat in their passing game. Their receiving corps in total has less production this season than AJ Brown. Treylon Burks is a decent prospect but they have put a ton of pressure on him now also.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brett Veach got his job shortly after the Chiefs and John Dorsey cut Jeremy Maclin during his wedding for cap reasons. Andy Reid had a lot to do with Dorsey being fired, imo. That's kinda the first thing that comes to mind seeing the news for me, actually.

Hill got traded to his choice destination and got paid there. I feel it's apples and oranges, imo.

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the timing coming right after AJ Brown torched the Titans for two TDs and 100+ yards is surely not coincidental.

I think Robinson did a very good job in general of building talent there, and hiring a good coach, but he struggled to maintain it, and I do think the decision to trade Brown was likely a huge mistake for them. Yes, he wanted to get paid, but he is 25 years old and worth it. I guess they thought since they are a run-focused team that paying a WR was a bad idea, but they needed at least one real threat in their passing game. Their receiving corps in total has less production this season than AJ Brown. Treylon Burks is a decent prospect but they have put a ton of pressure on him now also.
It does feel to me this is a power move from Vrabel, and Vrabel won at first glance. It's not the GM being bad so much as the coach being kinda ticked off and having options if he isn't appeased. We've seen some passive aggressive stuff about his own WR's from Vrabel, so it does make me think this is a power move from Vrabel now that he has established himself as a coach.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Titans fired general manager Jon Robinson after six seasons.​

Vice president of player personnel Ryan Cowden will lead the team's player personnel for the remainder of the season. The Titans earned playoff berths in four of the past five seasons with Robinson and head coach Mike Vrabel building a roster designed to play old-school, conservative, tough-nosed football. Last year the Titans entered the NFL postseason as the AFC's No. 1 seed. They were dispatched by the Bengals in the Divisional Round. Robinson's dismissal comes days after the Titans were dominated by their former No. 1 receiver A.J. Brown, who was traded to the Eagles this offseason. Robinson presided over the Titans' disastrous first-round selection of Isaiah Wilson, who is not longer on the team. He also traded for Julio Jones -- an ill-fated move from the start. Signing an aged Robert Woods, coming off a catastrophic knee injury, was among Robinson's questionable moves in recent years. Whoever gets the Titans' GM job in 2023 will have the unenviable task of preparing for the offense's post-Derrick Henry future

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Veach got his job shortly after the Chiefs and John Dorsey cut Jeremy Maclin during his wedding for cap reasons. Andy Reid had a lot to do with Dorsey being fired, imo. That's kinda the first thing that comes to mind seeing the news for me, actually.

Hill got traded to his choice destination and got paid there. I feel it's apples and oranges, imo.
It is apples and oranges. Veach has also paired his D+ Free Agency moves with A- types of drafting moves. Its hard to be mad about him as a GM

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Titans fired general manager Jon Robinson after six seasons.​

Vice president of player personnel Ryan Cowden will lead the team's player personnel for the remainder of the season. The Titans earned playoff berths in four of the past five seasons with Robinson and head coach Mike Vrabel building a roster designed to play old-school, conservative, tough-nosed football. Last year the Titans entered the NFL postseason as the AFC's No. 1 seed. They were dispatched by the Bengals in the Divisional Round. Robinson's dismissal comes days after the Titans were dominated by their former No. 1 receiver A.J. Brown, who was traded to the Eagles this offseason. Robinson presided over the Titans' disastrous first-round selection of Isaiah Wilson, who is not longer on the team. He also traded for Julio Jones -- an ill-fated move from the start. Signing an aged Robert Woods, coming off a catastrophic knee injury, was among Robinson's questionable moves in recent years. Whoever gets the Titans' GM job in 2023 will have the unenviable task of preparing for the offense's post-Derrick Henry future

NITPICK: He didn't sign Woods, that was a trade for a late round pick. Want to trade him back? You can have Allen Robinson...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Robinson will be a hot name for anyone with a GM opening, imo. Any guesses on where he lands?
Kraft

do it jewish GIF

They need BB to just coach

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he probably got fired cause he did the trades without telling the owners about it. But doesn’t this make the next guy coming in a little skeptic about taking the job If you can lose your job even if your in first place?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Robinson will be a hot name for anyone with a GM opening, imo. Any guesses on where he lands?

Not unheard of but relatively rare that a GM gets a 2nd shot.

It is why so many GM's so often don't act in their team's best interest time and time again. They are just trying to salvage the only shot they are ever going to have at keeping their dream job.

I believe that the only recycled GM's currently in the league are in Jacksonville and Phili. And Howie is a special case as he never left the organization.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals seem like an obvious team in need of improvement. Mobile QB thats locked in.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get he made a trade that looks like it wasn't the best but that's a bit excessive. That team is a consistent contender and the rookie WR they drafted looks good.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get he made a trade that looks like it wasn't the best but that's a bit excessive. That team is a consistent contender and the rookie WR they drafted looks good.

The qb he negotiated an impossible deal with does not

Always always always should’ve tagged tanny instead of a long term deal