• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to reasses this team

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 11 games left and sitting at 1-4... Some one give me a reason we dont finish 1-15??

IM not seeing us beat the Bears, and the Broncos in Denver spells 1-6 right now. Might sneak one out between the Chargers and Vikings.

Without some MAJOR changes in the next week or so, this could get real ugly from this point on.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that it matters, but I think 1-15 is a bit extreme (although I can understand the frustration after last night). There are still games (e.g. Giants) that they can win & in the NFL anything can happen on a given day. Also - Skins could improve to an extent over time.

The more important issue is honestly assessing the problems in order to determine how to correct them. A lot of this has already been discussed in other threads. This would include:

1. Lack of cap space during the past two offseasons has resulted in limited talent. Solution - More cap space in the future. They need to use it wisely.

2. Issues with RG3. Some of this is result of coming off an injury. Some of this appears to be his need to further develop certain skills. He needs to spend more time in film room & on field to develop his skills. This was somewhat compromised this year due to the need for extensive rehab.

3. O-line play. Outside of Williams just about everyone is replaceable. Hopefully this is addressed primarily through solution suggested in # 1 above.

4. Poor coaching. Like it or not - this appears to at least be one major part of their problems. The result should be replacement for at least some of these guys (Can't imagine at least the ST coach being fired unless there is a huge turnaround during the rest of the season).

Well - that is my starter list. A honest evaluation of this team allows us to at least understand why some of these problems are occurring. I know that it sucks to state that some of this will need to be addressed next season, but that is simply the reality of the situation. We will see.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing is, the team should make every effort to right the ship until they are eliminated from playoff contention.

Once that occurs, some re-evaluation needs to occur:

I'd bench RG3 and start Cousins, just to see what we have there. RG3 can then get fully healthy for next year, work on reading defenses - finding his second and third options, get his speed back.

Which free agents do we resign?

Who do we target?

SoCal is right: no capspace, poor coaching, poor secondary skills for RG3, and oline play are some of the main causes of the redskins demise.

Need a stud RT, or a stud C. That would start. Are the young guys ready to play (LeRebs, Compton, Gettis)? If not, then why keep them?

Need a stud MLB - Sean Lee made a game-changing tackle on the RG3 sneak, and several other plays on Morris, Reed, etc. LFB is done.

Can we trade Davis for anything?

Need another above average safety.

Need another pass rusher or a few. What happened to Brandon Jenkins?

zizozizozizoskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect everyone's opinion on this board as we all are Redskins fans...but I am too frustrated and I think the season is over...Possibly the Whole Mike Shanahan and RGIII dual is over because I can't see Mike surviving 8 games below .500 Also how can we watch this special teams and defense over the years and accept this ...Online didn't improve and our Dline has its ups and downs...Again I can be totally wrong but we are done

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing is, the team should make every effort to right the ship until they are eliminated from playoff contention.

I'd bench RG3 and start Cousins, just to see what we have there. RG3 can then get fully healthy for next year, work on reading defenses - finding his second and third options, get his speed back.

Who do we target?

SoCal is right: no capspace, poor coaching, poor secondary skills for RG3, and oline play are some of the main causes of the redskins demise.

Need a stud RT, or a stud C. That would start. Are the young guys ready to play (LeRebs, Compton, Gettis)? If not, then why keep them?

Need a stud MLB - Sean Lee made a game-changing tackle on the RG3 sneak, and several other plays on Morris, Reed, etc. LFB is done.

we dont need to bench RG3 . if for any other reason he needs snaps

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who do we target?

Davis is on a one year contract. No one will give us anything, they'll just wait until he's a FA in the off season.

You can't bench RG3. Period.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took a 7 game win streak last season to win the NFC East. We were sitting a 3-6 before the defense started to gel.

We made key mistakes last night and STs cost us the game. We are making bad team mistakes but are showing improvement every game. Give up if you want but I think we will outplay Chicago this week and win if we don't beat ourselves. I expect to lose to Denver because, well, they are Denver.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players who are consistently inactive need to be re evaluated and let go if there is no expectation for them to contribute this year. We need to see which players can make a difference at this point.