• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to move on from Stafford

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars are looking for a new QB.

Who has a better set of DB's Detroit or Jacksonville?
LB's?
D-Line?
Run stopping?
Pass rush?
O-Line?
Pass Blocking?
Run Blocking?
Running back?
Wide Receivers? (This one may be a legitimate toss-up)
TE'S
Special teams?

Without Stafford we can improve every single area of our team, some areas we can improve significantly, and we'll still suck.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB's?
D-Line?
Run stopping?
Pass rush?
O-Line?
Pass Blocking?
Run Blocking?
Running back?
TE'S
Special teams?

Without Stafford we can improve every single area of our team, some areas we can improve significantly, and we'll still suck.

I'm saying trade him to London.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB's?
D-Line?
Run stopping?
Pass rush?
O-Line?
Pass Blocking?
Run Blocking?
Running back?
TE'S
Special teams?

I would rather have our running back with a second, than their running backs with multiple 1 rounders spent. One of them being a top 5.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, I don't know how long this "rebuild" is intended to take. Fuckin whatever...lol.

Rumor is the Ford's are on the 65 year rebuilding project. Lions should start winning super bowls in only 4 more years form now.

I'd give Tate what he wants for two years guaranteed (trade looks a little different if that happens)before spending anything on Ziggy.

If you stack up the numbers.
Ziggy averages .62 sacks per game
Justin Houston is .75 a game and
Von Miller sits at .83 sacks per game.

Houston and Miller are widely considered elite of elite pass rushers. Ziggy isn't quite there but it will be damn hard to replace his production when he is on the field. If you don't want to spend money on him cause of his injury history, I can understand.
I am simply tired of rebuilding and letting good talent go. Fucking Ebron has 10 Td's already and was simply allowed to walk. Suh fucking gets to walk.
Players like Marvin Jones to me are far more replaceable than a Ziggy cause he is nothing more than he has ever been which is a #2 receiver. Great pass rushers are way way harder to find. Wouldn't be surprised if Quinn let's Ziggy walk like he did Ebron though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait did you just say you want Tate back? Who are you and where is Smitty?

Marv should be extended if he plays well next year. Maybe 2 more years. He will be close to the end by then 32 or 33. Need to draft another WR though.

I like TW3. I want to see him out there. Diggs is fine too. Tabor should be moved there as well. Safety is not a need for me.
Marvin Jones doesn't need to play football here anymore imo. He's close enough to the end already.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is the Ford's are on the 65 year rebuilding project. Lions should start winning super bowls in only 4 more years form now.

If you stack up the numbers.
Ziggy averages .62 sacks per game
Justin Houston is .75 a game and
Von Miller sits at .83 sacks per game.

Houston and Miller are widely considered elite of elite pass rushers. Ziggy isn't quite there but it will be damn hard to replace his production when he is on the field. If you don't want to spend money on him cause of his injury history, I can understand.
I am simply tired of rebuilding and letting good talent go. Fucking Ebron has 10 Td's already and was simply allowed to walk. Suh fucking gets to walk.
Players like Marvin Jones to me are far more replaceable than a Ziggy cause he is nothing more than he has ever been which is a #2 receiver. Great pass rushers are way way harder to find. Wouldn't be surprised if Quinn let's Ziggy walk like he did Ebron though.
By game played?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford will probably have a big bounce back season next year. That's how this stuff tends to go.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By game played?

That is on a per game played basis.

His games played is a lot less cause of injuries and one additional year in college.

All I am saying is if he wants less money than those guys then I think it is best to retain him. If he wants more than fuck it. Just let him walk.

Defense is already suspect as is. Losing our second best player would suck ass.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is on a per game played basis.

His games played is a lot less cause of injuries and one additional year in college.

All I am saying is if he wants less money than those guys then I think it is best to retain him. If he wants more than fuck it. Just let him walk.

Defense is already suspect as is. Losing our second best player would suck ass.
If this is an intentional rebuild, I can't get behind keeping the oldest part.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C.J. Anderson worked out for the Lions today.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C.J. Anderson worked out for the Lions today.

Not sure what he has left but we need another horse. Blount does not have the push any more. ZZ has 1 concussion to go before he calls it a career.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With any luck Suh will end Stafford's career this Sunday.

Don't get me wrong I am not wishing physical injury on anyone - maybe just a good Cutler shove to break Matt's spirit in half. Cutler was never the same after Suh smooshed him.

Maybe Stafford retires at the end of the year and instead starts a reality TV series with Haley Joe Stafford called 'The Son I Always Wanted and Always Had'. Then the big cliffhanger is you find out they're brothers.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler was never the same after Suh smooshed him.

Yes, I remember that.
Immediately afterwards, Cutler went from riding the short bus to the super short bus.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT SO FAST

Midseason by the numbers: Lions on pace for worst defensive season ever

312.4: Let’s do a positive one before you dunk your phone in your coffee. And there’s no brighter storyline this year than the re-emergence of Mathew Stafford, who is averaging 312.4 passing yards per game. That’s No. 1 in the league, ahead of cats like Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Tom Brady and, well, everybody. He’s just 1 yard off-pace for another 5,000-yard season, and he’s done it while playing more efficiently than ever. His 106.0 passer rating would smoke his previous career high, and ranks fifth in the league.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midseason by the numbers: Lions on pace for worst defensive season ever

8.6: Honestly, we could do an entire post diving into just Matthew Stafford’s numbers. He has been that good. But that would only tell half the story about this team. After all, they may have one of the hottest quarterbacks on the planet, but they’re also 3-4-1 for a reason. Still, what Stafford is doing cannot be understated. I think one of the most impressive numbers is 8.6, as in his yards per attempt. That’s fourth in the league, and on pace for No. 1 in his career. And that really speaks to the explosiveness of this offense. Stafford isn’t just dumping the ball off into the short field to pad his numbers.

In fact, Stafford is completing just 64.3% of his passes. That’s 18th in the league. In a vacuum, you’d say Stafford is having one of his least-accurate seasons ever. In a roundabout way, he is. But that’s because he’s testing defenses deep more often too. His passes are traveling an average of 10.7 yards through the air, which is second in the league. He’s been hitting, too, with 41 completions of at least 20 yards. That leads the league. And eight of them went for at least 40 yards, which is fourth.