• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to move on from Stafford

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had years of work with Ebron, but Robert's was a back-up mostly blocking only TE, and might not have even been 2nd on the depth chart. Until this year. This year (actually stops right here and goes to check the beginning of season depth chart) Robert's is listed as #3 at TE. Most of Stafford practice went to Tate, Marvin Jones, and getting those guys ready. Then when they're gone or out hurt you have to get new guys like Ellington ready, and moving Riddick to the slot wr full time.

Every year we see amazingly talented rookies, and usually very high profile WR's going to new teams, and it is very rare for them to just step into a new place and work. Randy Moss in New England is one of the very few right away. But dont forget that he failed pretty miserably in Oakland. Chemistry comes slow.

Cooper Kupp
Calvin Ridley
DJ Moore (broke out vs the Lions)

Just 3 quick names off the top of my head who look great already. How much better would Golloday look on those three teams? All of Stafford's best WRs have been FAs - Tate and Jones. Nobody has ever come up under him. Look at Ebron now?? He's awesome.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper Kupp
Calvin Ridley
DJ Moore (broke out vs the Lions)

Just 3 quick names off the top of my head who look great already. How much better would Golloday look on those three teams? All of Stafford's best WRs have been FAs - Tate and Jones. Nobody has ever come up under him. Look at Ebron now?? He's awesome.

There was this guy they named after a kids toy. And then had to add a whole process to his catches.

Cooper Kupp is in his second year. Hes also got like 40 catches for 550 ish yards
Calvin Ridley is right there with Calvin as freak athletes. Hes got 47 catches for like 600+ yards.
DJ Moore has 30 catches on the season.

Ebron lead all TE's in the league with receptions here. I think multiple times.

And Kenny Golladay...? 52 catches for 800+ yards.

And there's still this
Colts refuse to dwell on drops, other missteps that have helped put them in 1-4 hole

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was this guy they named after a kids toy. And then had to add a whole process to his catches.

Cooper Kupp is in his second year. Hes also got like 40 catches for 550 ish yards
Calvin Ridley is right there with Calvin as freak athletes. Hes got 47 catches for like 600+ yards.
DJ Moore has 30 catches on the season.

Ebron lead all TE's in the league with receptions here. I think multiple times.

And Kenny Golladay...? 52 catches for 800+ yards.

And there's still this
Colts refuse to dwell on drops, other missteps that have helped put them in 1-4 hole

Calvin Johnson made Stafford. Not the other way around.

I look at Stafford now and I see an unmotivated, defeated man. Notice I said man and not just QB. Not sure what it is but there is no passion in his eyes anymore. I used to think he would win a SB if he left for Denver or Dallas. Now I think he's a few years from retirement. Watch him walk away from the game once his deal expires. Whether he is with us or another team. He looks like Cutler 2.0.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lionized.

And I mostly agree. Although, I can see him refusing any more deals in Detroit and going somewhere else handpicked which may not give him the highest offer. If this line doesnt get him killed first.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Johnson made Stafford. Not the other way around.

I look at Stafford now and I see an unmotivated, defeated man. Notice I said man and not just QB. Not sure what it is but there is no passion in his eyes anymore. I used to think he would win a SB if he left for Denver or Dallas. Now I think he's a few years from retirement. Watch him walk away from the game once his deal expires. Whether he is with us or another team. He looks like Cutler 2.0.

Definitely looks disinterested this season. Maybe 3 little kids are cutting into his focus.

You can't cut or trade Stafford this off season, the hit is just too high. If I'm Quinn, I draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round this year. Puts a little pressure on Stafford to produce. If he does, great, you have a trade chip in either QB. If Stafford has another down year, you can move on from him in 2020.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely looks disinterested this season. Maybe 3 little kids are cutting into his focus.

He must have really wanted a son. Who can blame him?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we'll see him add more Teez Tabors, Brady Kaayas and Jimmy Landes' first.

Gotta admit.
The 5th rounder on Landes was fucking epic.

At least it wasn't the Bucs GM who moved up in the second round to pick that kicker which he cut a year later.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to throw my 2 cents in on Stafford.

It's not that he isn't good or can't help the Lions win a super bowl.

There are two issues with him that I notice.
  1. When things start going bad and momentum swings to the other side. He just doesn't seem to rally the troops and put the team on his back get the momentum back to the Lions. He usually tends to throw a back breaking pick.
  2. His inaccuracy. It isn't "horrible" but he will never be elite. I saw a perfect example last game if any of the guys remember it. There was a wide open RB on the sideline but Staff threw it slightly behind him, the RB had to adjust and ended up going out of bounds at the 2-3 yards line (does anyone else remember that play?). QB's like Brady, Brees and Rodgers almost always hit them in stride for a walk-in TD.

Issue is... Who the hell can you replace him with? Teddy Bridgewater or something? Never really anything available on free agency. Good luck finding a good QB outside of the top ten picks.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to throw my 2 cents in on Stafford.

It's not that he isn't good or can't help the Lions win a super bowl.

There are two issues with him that I notice.
  1. When things start going bad and momentum swings to the other side. He just doesn't seem to rally the troops and put the team on his back get the momentum back to the Lions. He usually tends to throw a back breaking pick.
  2. His inaccuracy. It isn't "horrible" but he will never be elite. I saw a perfect example last game if any of the guys remember it. There was a wide open RB on the sideline but Staff threw it slightly behind him, the RB had to adjust and ended up going out of bounds at the 2-3 yards line (does anyone else remember that play?). QB's like Brady, Brees and Rodgers almost always hit them in stride for a walk-in TD.

Issue is... Who the hell can you replace him with? Teddy Bridgewater or something? Never really anything available on free agency. Good luck finding a good QB outside of the top ten picks.

The thing is, he used to excel under pressure and produced a lot of come from behind wins. His problem (IMHO) has always been starting slow and needing to turn it up later. This year, he just hasn't dialed it up in crunch time.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit.
The 5th rounder on Landes was fucking epic.

At least it wasn't the Bucs GM who moved up in the second round to pick that kicker which he cut a year later.
The Bucs are ran somewhat similarly to Detroit. Really poorly.

Quin shouldn't get another draft. But he will.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With MP involved that drafts will be better. This years was pretty good. Both Ragnow and KJ are top rookies at their positions.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with Stafford other than a coaching staff trying to turn him into Tom Brady. Staff is never going to be the QB to throw 5 yard passes all the way down the field. His accuracy and touch on short passes has always been suspect. I'd rather see him in 3rd and 10 than 3rd and 4.

Use misdirection, move the pocket, whatever you have to do to give him time to look downfield and throw the ball. Because that's what he does best.

You have to let him be Matthew Stafford.

Otherwise you're going to end up with another QB that can't be Tom Brady.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions fans are hilarious.

5-Goodfellas-quotes.png

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he will never resemble anything close to Brady and our front office seems to want to make him into Brady. If Brady retires during the off season trade him to the Pats BB is smart enough to fit his system to his QB and i would like to see what Stafford could do with a competent staff.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars are looking for a new QB.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs are ran somewhat similarly to Detroit. Really poorly.

Quin shouldn't get another draft. But he will.

Next off-season will be make or break I believe. He should be getting some nice cap money to play around with and some decently high draft picks. There are a shit ton of studs in this draft on the defensive side of the ball this year.

I really want him to resign Ziggy and just add to the defense this off-season. Losing ziggy and replacing him with a rookie is nothing more than a wash and will keep the team in mediocrity.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next off-season will be make or break I believe. He should be getting some nice cap money to play around with and some decently high draft picks. There are a shit ton of studs in this draft on the defensive side of the ball this year.

I really want him to resign Ziggy and just add to the defense this off-season. Losing ziggy and replacing him with a rookie is nothing more than a wash and will keep the team in mediocrity.
Woulda spent the money elsewhere already.

I'd give Tate what he wants for two years guaranteed (trade looks a little different if that happens)before spending anything on Ziggy. Of course, I don't know how long this "rebuild" is intended to take. Fuckin whatever...lol.

Don't know whats in Marv's future. If he's cutable there's two FA WR spots to fill. My faith in building thru the draft while main character of the OP is being paid to be a winning franchise QB isn't high. One and one I can see. Not both holes with mid or late picks. Can't compete with that.

Right side of the line has to be addressed, again. There is no TE with a future on the roster.

Need a starting safety. Need a starting corner. Need more linebackers. (This is standard). Money spent on one part of the defense shouldn't be at plus 10% imo. He isn't that level of player. And has no upside. You can solidly an entire section of the team with Ziggys salary. To me anyway.

And I'm part of the Lions fans being hilarious thing. Finger pointing at myself too. We can't Fucking help ourselves.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woulda spent the money elsewhere already.

I'd give Tate what he wants for two years guaranteed (trade looks a little different if that happens)before spending anything on Ziggy. Of course, I don't know how long this "rebuild" is intended to take. Fuckin whatever...lol.

Don't know whats in Marv's future. If he's cutable there's two FA WR spots to fill. My faith in building thru the draft while main character of the OP is being paid to be a winning franchise QB isn't high. One and one I can see. Not both holes with mid or late picks. Can't compete with that.

Right side of the line has to be addressed, again. There is no TE with a future on the roster.

Need a starting safety. Need a starting corner. Need more linebackers. (This is standard). Money spent on one part of the defense shouldn't be at plus 10% imo. He isn't that level of player. And has no upside. You can solidly an entire section of the team with Ziggys salary. To me anyway.

And I'm part of the Lions fans being hilarious thing. Finger pointing at myself too. We can't Fucking help ourselves.

Wait did you just say you want Tate back? Who are you and where is Smitty?

Marv should be extended if he plays well next year. Maybe 2 more years. He will be close to the end by then 32 or 33. Need to draft another WR though.

I like TW3. I want to see him out there. Diggs is fine too. Tabor should be moved there as well. Safety is not a need for me.