• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to move on from Stafford

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still better than average and I've always been a defender too, but he's our guy. He's never going to be elite and what he's missing is between the ears. I think that's clear.

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure isn't worth $27 mil a year. Maybe Quinn can get a third rounder for him?:agree:

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still better than average and I've always been a defender too, but he's our guy. He's never going to be elite and what he's missing is between the ears. I think that's clear.

I'm not sure, Chase "F'ing" Daniels had a better game today. Stafford has been here 10 years, aint getting any younger and with a young family I'm not sure the passion is there to be a NFL QB.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure, Chase "F'ing" Daniels had a better game today.

Meh, the Lions make a lot of mediocre QBs look good. Daniels missed at least 2 maybe 3 TDs where he had guys wide open and he had guys wide open all game.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign a QB to the biggest contract ever, strip him of weapons.

I'd move on from Bob Quin personally. But we'll see him add more Teez Tabors, Brady Kaayas and Jimmy Landes' first.

This franchise can't get out of its own way.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the signs this season when he was in the fetal position vs the Bears. @broncosmitty was right all along.
I laughed at the pick six on an out route.

That was like Int #64 of his career on a damn out route. Laser lock and fire, for ten years.

I'm still annoyed he got the start Week One, Year One. Lol. Remember the years and years of dudes saying he's "elite" back at CBS and here? Ha. He's not great. But nobody would be with this group. It gotta be bottom five in offensive talent at this point. Roberts looked high and Tabor is faster than half the backfield, atleast. Maybe 3/4 of it. Just pathetic talent to work with.

Staff is what he is. A good dude, a tough dude, a great arm. But kinda dumb with no hope of ever taking that next step to Brees/Rodgers level. He ain't going anywhere though. It'd kill years of cap. Quin is a fuckin idiot though, so maybe. (I don't think there is an offensive player signed to a pre-Quin deal. This is his shitshow.)

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed at the pick six on an out route.

That was like Int #64 of his career on a damn out route. Laser lock and fire, for ten years.

I'm still annoyed he got the start Week One, Year One. Lol. Remember the years and years of dudes saying he's "elite" back at CBS and here? Ha. He's not great. But nobody would be with this group. It gotta be bottom five in offensive talent at this point. Roberts looked high and Tabor is faster than half the backfield, atleast. Maybe 3/4 of it. Just pathetic talent to work with.

Staff is what he is. A good dude, a tough dude, a great arm. But kinda dumb with no hope of ever taking that next step to Brees/Rodgers level. He ain't going anywhere though. It'd kill years of cap. Quin is a fuckin idiot though, so maybe. (I don't think there is an offensive player signed to a pre-Quin deal. This is his shitshow.)
Yeah but I wanted Aaron Curry and he was trash too.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a defender of this guy since he's been here but its time to look towards the future. He doesn't have it.
Holy crap, I was coming here to create the exact thread! I have been huge on this guy but man it is just bad. Outplayed by a cat who threw 3 passes last year and has not started in 4 years!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Megatron all those years made him look better than he actually is. Most everyone here has complained about his lack of ability to read coverage. JBCs offense would be better with an Alex Smith type QB. Although I would dump JBC before Staff.

Glad I didnt see this game. Apparently, from what I read, the Lions slightly outplayed the Bears until Staff through the game away.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys don't really WATCH the games do you? That last interception thrown by Stafford was largely on his receiver - some bozo they drafted out of TOLEDO. Quit on the play. He was standing in the end zone, staring at Stafford, instead of giving his QB a target. Your QBs overpaid and surrounded by crap. Tom Brady at his best couldn't win with the teams the Lions put on the field. (Blount was worth how much? LOL)
Seriously....a move to San Jose is in order.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady has been sacked 16 times this season. They've 'always' had a running game, or at least a commitment to running the ball. Their coach is famous for his defense, and even when the defense isn't statistically good they excel at taking certain things away.

Stafford has been sacked 16 times in 2 games this season. That was before starters were getting injyred. Kerryon Johnson was the first running game we've had in a while. And he was out with injury. No Golden Tate, Calvin Johnson, Eric Ebron, Marvin Jones, or even Brandon Pettigrew. Bruce Ellington was signed off the street where nobody else wanted him for the past 2 seasons. Hes been targeted 17 times for the Lions. I gotta believe he averages less yards per catch than Blount does yards per carry. The defense just let Chase Daniel's complete almost 75% of his passes with a qb rating over 100. That's 2 bears scrub QB's that have put up career days against this defense this month.

But it's all Staffords fault.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating (see what I did there?) The Lions are shitty. They make shitty front office decisions. They have been shitty at managing the cap. They hire shitty coaches, who hire shitty coaches, who come up with shitty game plans. Their shitty strength and conditioning staff let's their shitty players keep getting hurt, and our players never seem to improve. Our running game was hoping to improve to not shitty, or even average. But its shitty again. Our WR corps was a strength at one point. Now it might be the shittiest in the league. O line has always been shitty. D line with Ansah back and adding Harrison is maybe on the verge of being just below average. But still mostly shitty. Linebackers are shitty. DB's were looking good last year, but age caught up with Glover Quinn, and I think they legitimately had a better db scheme and coaching last year. Plus Teez Tsbor single handedly makes them shitty.

The fact they are even playing close with teams is 100% on Stafford. Look at the couple of games we managed to win. Win against good teams I should add. You'll see that those are the only games where Stafford has had help.

For those of you idiots though that seem to think Chase Daniel's is now equal or superior to Stafford, or that we would be winning if we had a different guy taking the snaps for this team; well, I dont know what to say to you.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys don't really WATCH the games do you? That last interception thrown by Stafford was largely on his receiver - some bozo they drafted out of TOLEDO. Quit on the play. He was standing in the end zone, staring at Stafford, instead of giving his QB a target. Your QBs overpaid and surrounded by crap. Tom Brady at his best couldn't win with the teams the Lions put on the field. (Blount was worth how much? LOL)
Seriously....a move to San Jose is in order.

Roberts was useless on that play. But Stafford threw the ball where only the DB could have caught it.. and he did.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roberts was useless on that play. But Stafford threw the ball where only the DB could have caught it.. and he did.
That's a timing throw. He threw it based on what Robert's was supposed to do, and where he was supposed to go.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a timing throw. He threw it based on what Robert's was supposed to do, and where he was supposed to go.

And oddly I see no other veteran QBs with this problem regularly like Stafford does. He has no vibe with his pass catchers. No rhythm. Is everyone else just putting in more work with their receivers than Stafford is? Because that's what it looks like.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
staffords arm is great, his brain isnt. But who are you going to get better?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And oddly I see no other veteran QBs with this problem regularly like Stafford does. He has no vibe with his pass catchers. No rhythm. Is everyone else just putting in more work with their receivers than Stafford is? Because that's what it looks like.

I'd say Ryan and Rivers both have very similar hot/cold years and Eli(though he's probably had more cold recently). It happens when changing offensive schemes every few years.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had years of work with Ebron, but Robert's was a back-up mostly blocking only TE, and might not have even been 2nd on the depth chart. Until this year. This year (actually stops right here and goes to check the beginning of season depth chart) Robert's is listed as #3 at TE. Most of Stafford practice went to Tate, Marvin Jones, and getting those guys ready. Then when they're gone or out hurt you have to get new guys like Ellington ready, and moving Riddick to the slot wr full time.

Every year we see amazingly talented rookies, and usually very high profile WR's going to new teams, and it is very rare for them to just step into a new place and work. Randy Moss in New England is one of the very few right away. But dont forget that he failed pretty miserably in Oakland. Chemistry comes slow.