• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to move on from Jarrad Davis

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, even when he does come busting through the line on run defense, he is so out of control that he slips right off the RB 9 of 10 times.

and this play style isn't going to change anytime soon either.

Davis is a great athlete attempting to play at an NFL level.

Last year, first game against the Jets, Davis could have had 3 sacks in the first 20 minutes of the game but no, no, no, Sam Darnold easily sidestepped him all 3 times to avoid those potential sacks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really do that anymore.
Makes me paranoid, anti-social and trippy. The addiction to Ben and Jerry's chunky monkey flavor ice cream doesn't help with the waistline either...

That's a lot going on all at once.

Stick with the ice cream, imo. Cannot usually go wrong with Ben and Jerry's (most flavors)

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot going on all at once.

Stick with the ice cream, imo. Cannot usually go wrong with Ben and Jerry's (most flavors)

The Chunky Monkey and peanut butter cup. Damn... Just not right take make things that delicious.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this play style isn't going to change anytime soon either.

Davis is a great athlete attempting to play at an NFL level.

Last year, first game against the Jets, Davis could have had 3 sacks in the first 20 minutes of the game but no, no, no, Sam Darnold easily sidestepped him all 3 times to avoid those potential sacks.

I don't understand how the COACHES can't TEACH THIS FUCKER how to slow down if you get through the line untouched.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this will be soothing to you in the current time.

Lions currently sit at No. 12 in the 2020 NFL Draft order

Not if Quinn is picking. Won't matter which number we are sitting at.
Even though we are out of Luxury positions for him to draft in the 1st round (OG or TE).

I actually wouldn't mind the Ragnow pick if he is like a Travis Frederick type. That guy is anything but.

I am (hoping) that Golladay stays healthy and makes the pro bowl this year. That would be at least 1 feather in his cap.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldn't mind the Ragnow pick if he is like a Travis Frederick type. That guy is anything but.

He's currently the No.1 rated Center in all of the NFC (over Frederick) and may be No.1 NFL C still. I haven't looked these last 2 weeks but he was coming out of the bye week.

2019 rookie Eric McCoy (aTm) is 2nd for the NFC (Saints 2nd rd. pick)

Frederick missed the entire 2018 season. That disease could be his downfall and his play this year is not even close to level it was in 2017 and prior.

Travis Frederick diagnosed with autoimmune disease

Travis Frederick: Career Stats at NFL.com

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if Quinn is picking. Won't matter which number we are sitting at.

His picks haven't been all that bad. You may not like his picks. I may not like his picks. Other fans may not like his picks. He hasn't drafted two OL starters in Decker and Ragnow and considering draft eligible players at time of pick in concert with need/bpa it isn't all that bad.

Hock is a wait and see by end of next year in what he's truly capable of.

Davis was one of the most sought after LB in that class. He hasn't worked out.

BQ's 2nd round picks are eerily similar in not panning out just like Mayhew's 2nd round picks.

Golladay, Glasgow, Walker, Hand have been very good draft picks even though Hand and now Walker have or had injuries that have hurt the team chemistry and dynamic.

Any draft pick on day 3 is always going to be high risk.

All jmho. and am Not defending BQ.

Many all GM's struggle. Hoodie has been in top 8-10 worst in his drafts over the last decade or so.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's currently the No.1 rated Center in all of the NFC (over Frederick) and may be No.1 NFL C still. I haven't looked these last 2 weeks but he was coming out of the bye week.

2019 rookie Eric McCoy (aTm) is 2nd for the NFC (Saints 2nd rd. pick)

Frederick missed the entire 2018 season. That disease could be his downfall and his play this year is not even close to level it was in 2017 and prior.

Travis Frederick diagnosed with autoimmune disease

Travis Frederick: Career Stats at NFL.com

@Rollingthndr
PFF Rankings: Highest-graded rookies through Week 9 | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

9. C Erik McCoy, New Orleans Saints
As PFF’s second highest-graded center overall, it’s safe to say the Saints found a diamond in the second-round in Erik McCoy. Whether it be in pass-protection or run-blocking, McCoy has shined — he ranks sixth in pass-blocking grade and second in run-blocking grade. People may see that the Saints have the second-best team pass-block grade and point to tackles Terron Armstead and Ryan Ramczyk for their success, but McCoy deserves just as much recognition.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF Rankings: Top 25 NFL wide receiver rankings through Week 9 | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

12. Kenny Golladay, Detroit Lions
Golladay has caught 35-of-62 targets for 640 yards, 24 first downs and 71 touchdowns through Week 9. He’s also hauled in 13-of-23 contested targets in said span and ranks 10th in yards per route run (2.19).

14. Marvin Jones Jr., Detroit Lions
Golladay gets a majority of the praise in Detroit, but Jones is deserving of some love, as well. The 29-year-old veteran has caught 15-of-20 contested targets, forced four missed tackles after the catch and logged zero drops through nine weeks of play. He also ranks 12th among all qualifying wideouts in passer rating when targeted.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hock is a wait and see by end of next year in what he's truly capable of.

I like Hock but when you are picking top 10. TE is a luxury pick. You pick that high for a reason and it sure and hell isn't because you were just one tight end away from going somewhere.

BQ's 2nd round picks are eerily similar in not panning out just like Mayhew's 2nd round picks.

And Millen's.

Golladay, Glasgow, Walker, Hand have been very good draft picks even though Hand and now Walker have or had injuries that have hurt the team chemistry and dynamic.

Golladay and Walker looks like a legit picks. Agnew was a dart throw.
The guy isn't Mayhew/Millen bad but I am not excited to see another draft of his is all.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh.
PFF had him as the #1 center in the draft coming out. OF COURSE they are going to puff his grade to make themselves look like good scouts.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF Rankings: Top 25 NFL wide receiver rankings through Week 9 | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

12. Kenny Golladay, Detroit Lions
Golladay has caught 35-of-62 targets for 640 yards, 24 first downs and 71 touchdowns through Week 9. He’s also hauled in 13-of-23 contested targets in said span and ranks 10th in yards per route run (2.19).

14. Marvin Jones Jr., Detroit Lions
Golladay gets a majority of the praise in Detroit, but Jones is deserving of some love, as well. The 29-year-old veteran has caught 15-of-20 contested targets, forced four missed tackles after the catch and logged zero drops through nine weeks of play. He also ranks 12th among all qualifying wideouts in passer rating when targeted.

Jones has actually been better. KG has had some drops this year already more than last year and is not catching as many contested balls. MJ has stepped up this year. I like both of them and would like to move forward with both.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Arians: Detroit Lions' Jarrad Davis one of best middle linebackers in the NFL

Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians offered up some mighty high praise for Detroit Lions linebacker Jarrad Davis on Wednesday.

In a conference call with Detroit reporters, Arians was giving his general impression of the Lions’ 29th-ranked defense, calling “big, strong and physical.” Then Arians went a little further.

“They have one of the best middle linebackers in the business and one of the best corners in the business,” he said.

“Davis, he’s a load man,” Arians said. “He can run, he can cover, and when he blitzes he is a hell of a challenge for our offensive line and our running back.”

“They mix it up as far as man and zone,” Arians said. “If it’s man he’s usually blitzing. Yeah, I don’t see him being as a negative in the passing game as far as them. I mean, he’s fine.”

BB_72" cool. Arians can have him for a day 2 pick seems as though he thinks so highly of J Davis. (tbh, he truly cannot be thinking positive of Davis' play to this juncture of his career)

At this point, a 4th round pick from them would be generous.

TB also has former Lions S Andrew Adams playing quite a bit and former Lions 7th round DE from Eastern Michigan U., Pat O'Connor, tearing it up. (3 total tackles so far on the season while sparingly playing behind SUH).