• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time To Get Lance In There?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the season almost certainly over after the expected loss to the Rams, is it time to get Lance some game experience?

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the season almost certainly over after the expected loss to the Rams, is it time to get Lance some game experience?

To repeat an earlier post: Well at least the Niners could have a very high 1st round draft pick->->. OH WAIT... Oh That's right. I think this front office and coaching staff have a very short leash. Unfortunately for Lance if he doesn't show growth early, when he gets his chance, he may not even get a proper opportunity. What did Niner fans do, to deserve this, if this thing goes belly up. :hmm:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To repeat an earlier post: Well at least the Niners could have a very high 1st round draft pick->->. OH WAIT... Oh That's right. I think this front office and coaching staff have a very short leash. Unfortunately for Lance if he doesn't show growth early, when he gets his chance, he may not even get a proper opportunity. What did Niner fans do, to deserve this, if this thing goes belly up. :hmm:
I think it would be a mistake by Jed York to have Shanahan and Lynch on a short leash already. He has to give them at least another a year or 2 to see what they can build around Trey Lance. A GM and Coaching change right after you just let them Trade away future draft capital for their QB of the future would be a disaster.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a mistake by Jed York to have Shanahan and Lynch on a short leash already. He has to give them at least another a year or 2 to see what they can build around Trey Lance. A GM and Coaching change right after you just let them Trade away future draft capital for their QB of the future would be a disaster.
This has not exactly been a short leash for those two. This is year 5 for them and they are in last place again. They've finished in last place every year except one. They don't have a first-round pick until 2024 so there is not much draft capital to build with around Lance. And from what I've seen of Lance he has a LOT to learn and improve upon.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and the one season they did do well, Shanahan blew the Super Bowl with his terrible play-calling at the end.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and the one season they did do well, Shanahan blew the Super Bowl with his terrible play-calling at the end.
I think his playcalling in that game gets more heavily scrutinized because of his playcalling in the Falcons blown Super Bowl. He called a great play that had Kittle wide open over the middle of the field for a First Down. The Chiefs DLine just made a great play and knocked the pass down. We pick up that First Down and likely win the game. Who's talking about Shanahan's playcalling in a negative aspect then? I mean nothing I remember from that game was Pete Carroll throwing on 3rd down just a yard away from game winning TD instead of handing the ball off to his incredibly hard to tackle Beast of a RB in Lynch.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My predictions....

If we lose to the Rams on Monday, it's GOTTA BE Lance time. Unless Shanahan stubbornly thinks he isn't ready and has clearance from York - but I seriously doubt it. I believe the fan and media pressure will be too much, even if Shanahan thinks he isn't ready. I'm guessing we'll see more of the rookies in general at this point, which would be a good thing.

I don't think Shanahan is on the hotseat at all this year. There's no way you replace the headcoach when you have an undeveloped rookie and no draft picks. He'll get at least one more year. If we poop the bed again next year, he may be gone.

Lynch may be on the hotseat this year. Someone should be on the chopping block. Our personnel decisions over the last few years have been horrendous outside of a few bright spots.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his playcalling in that game gets more heavily scrutinized because of his playcalling in the Falcons blown Super Bowl. He called a great play that had Kittle wide open over the middle of the field for a First Down. The Chiefs DLine just made a great play and knocked the pass down. We pick up that First Down and likely win the game. Who's talking about Shanahan's playcalling in a negative aspect then? I mean nothing I remember from that game was Pete Carroll throwing on 3rd down just a yard away from game winning TD instead of handing the ball off to his incredibly hard to tackle Beast of a RB in Lynch.
You don't throw that pass on 2nd and three. Mostert had just run for seven yards on first down. You get that first down by running. He put the team behind the 8 ball by taking that risk. At that time the running was going well and you have to run the ball there and kill clock.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones wins games our guy just won praise for mimicking Joe Barrow in practice.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, watching Mac Jones play so well in NE has to be acid in Shanny's mouth.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, watching Mac Jones play so well in NE has to be acid in Shanny's mouth.
I wonder if Jones wasn't Shanny's guy all along but the firestorm of criticism forced the Niners hand so to speak.
Which of course would be beyond pathetic

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mac Jones? The guy Belichick has so much belief in he only threw 3 passes and they still won the game? Seems pretty similar to how Shanahan treated Jimmy in the playoffs against the Packers. If we're trying to get rid of Jimmy I'm not sure drafting his younger counterpart would have been the right move. Jones would have been a great pick at 12 but after the trade the Niners were right to aim higher even if they strikeout on it.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones? The guy Belichick has so much belief in he only threw 3 passes and they still won the game? Seems pretty similar to how Shanahan treated Jimmy in the playoffs against the Packers. If we're trying to get rid of Jimmy I'm not sure drafting his younger counterpart would have been the right move. Jones would have been a great pick at 12 but after the trade the Niners were right to aim higher even if they strikeout on it.
Wins are what matters. Its not like he has a loaded offensive roster to work with.
Right up until catching the announcement they had traded up pretty much live I didn't think the Niners need to draft a QB high. If at all
So I didn't spend any time watching many of the top QB prospects. That and Covid of course