• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Eat Crap

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry wont say "Eat Crow" I shudder every single time I hear that phrase. It is that lame.

I know its only week 3 but Kirk Cousins is what I and many thought he was.... which is a franchise QB and 1 of the best 6 or 7 QBs in the entire NFL.

Alex Smith TBD. He looked good week 1 and was Mark Brunnell week 2. His YPA was embarrassing.

Yeah I get it.... Josh Doctson is a terrible receiver who has very little speed and creates no separation. The only problem is Cousins had some success with that albatross at receiver.

Can we all agree that at this current stage Kirk Cousins is a much better QB? Can we also agree that over the next 5-7 years Kirk Cousins will be a much better QB while Alex Smith is probably retired???

BTW kudos to DC fans for not showing up to home opener. Embarrass Snyder as much as humanly possible. Hit him on all fronts. Maybe the lack of attendance, dipping revenue, and Cousins success will finally lead to Snyder putting that revolver into his mouth

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the best part about week 2 was that I didnt give a shit.

Past seasons I would be in a bad mood up until Thursdays at times. Now I just dont care. Thanks Snyder, after 20 years you have finally instilled enough apathy into me and major portion of the fan base where I can just watch football on Sundays (redzone or top matchup, not skins) and not feel stressed. I also will not have my mood dictated based on outcomes etc.

I get to enjoy football again. Fantasy and gambling helps too. Lets go Eagles? or Vikings? or Redskins? I cant decide and it doesnt bother me 1 bit.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry wont say "Eat Crow" I shudder every single time I hear that phrase. It is that lame.

I know its only week 3 but Kirk Cousins is what I and many thought he was.... which is a franchise QB and 1 of the best 6 or 7 QBs in the entire NFL.

Alex Smith TBD. He looked good week 1 and was Mark Brunnell week 2. His YPA was embarrassing.

Yeah I get it.... Josh Doctson is a terrible receiver who has very little speed and creates no separation. The only problem is Cousins had some success with that albatross at receiver.

Can we all agree that at this current stage Kirk Cousins is a much better QB? Can we also agree that over the next 5-7 years Kirk Cousins will be a much better QB while Alex Smith is probably retired???

BTW kudos to DC fans for not showing up to home opener. Embarrass Snyder as much as humanly possible. Hit him on all fronts. Maybe the lack of attendance, dipping revenue, and Cousins success will finally lead to Snyder putting that revolver into his mouth
I, like you, thought KC offered us the best long term solution. however, its just too early to call one a success and one a bust. Smith is a good QB. But the number one complaint that I remember of KC was that he couldn't put the team on his back and make those around him better. In short, he needed a supporting cast. Well, if those complaining about KC for this were honest, they would at least admit that Smith needs a supporting cast even more. The reality is that neither have the supporting cast here. What Smith does have, that KC never did here, is a pretty good defense and what should be a fairly potent running game. So we will know by the end of the year if smith can rally the team to more than a middling franchise.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of the biggest KC slurpers on this site. It's funny but I, a sunday couch warrior, saw talent after his first full season as a starter when our high paying FO just couldn't figure it out even still after 3 seasons. Lets just think about that for a minute. How good can you possibly feel as a fan knowing what our FO isn't capable of,,, spotting talent. Snyder loved to sign other teams players to huge salaries but couldn't pull the trigger on a player he himself farm raised. I agree with Skins2021 and feel little if any caring whether this team wins or loses. Don't get me wrong,, I want them to win but if they do my entire week is still spent not thinking a whole lot about this team.... and certainly when they lose. Slowly losing me as a fan and the whole Anthem BS hasn't helped that matter much either.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
initially, when i first glanced at the thread title, i thought it said 'time to eat carp' and i started getting hungry ... then i noticed what it actually said and now i'm not hungry

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, like you, thought KC offered us the best long term solution. however, its just too early to call one a success and one a bust. Smith is a good QB. But the number one complaint that I remember of KC was that he couldn't put the team on his back and make those around him better. In short, he needed a supporting cast. Well, if those complaining about KC for this were honest, they would at least admit that Smith needs a supporting cast even more. The reality is that neither have the supporting cast here. What Smith does have, that KC never did here, is a pretty good defense and what should be a fairly potent running game. So we will know by the end of the year if smith can rally the team to more than a middling franchise.
On that note, while KC was here, I think we can all agree the ingredients around him were so-so. Now in Minny, his ingredients are well, down right delicious on offense to include a desert of a defense. KC will be fine. Smith on the other hand will and is seeing the downside of what KC was involved with. A lack luster offensive line, no real WR's other than Crowder at the moment, a less then formative run game and a shaky defense that only allowed the offense 13 minutes of work on Sunday vs the Colts as they continued to get pushed around by a very young team.
So what I question is the "pretty good defense and fairly potent running game", of which I question at the moment.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to early to do more than be KC nut hugger as I have been called and to have a little fun with it. Cousin's isn't going to throw 4 TD passes and for 425 yards every game. Hopefully Smith will be able to get more than 9 points on the board. I believe he will.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it shows he can play well when it counts . he had his team in position to win and the loss is on the Fg kicker

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that note, while KC was here, I think we can all agree the ingredients around him were so-so. Now in Minny, his ingredients are well, down right delicious on offense to include a desert of a defense. KC will be fine. Smith on the other hand will and is seeing the downside of what KC was involved with. A lack luster offensive line, no real WR's other than Crowder at the moment, a less then formative run game and a shaky defense that only allowed the offense 13 minutes of work on Sunday vs the Colts as they continued to get pushed around by a very young team.
So what I question is the "pretty good defense and fairly potent running game", of which I question at the moment.
Fair question. I should have said he has the "potential" to have those things. Actually, I do think, barring any significant injury, www should be able to run the ball and should have a pretty good defense. We did in Game 1 (i know, against the Cardinals), but not in game 2. We shall see on Sunday who shows up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is everyone feeling now? Smith certainly needs to do more, but he is not the worst. However Cousins & the Vikings aren't exactly setting the world on fire. They beat a bad 49ers team by a bit, tied a Packers team that appears to be not all that great & then were destroyed by the Bills who coming in to the game were supposed to be possibly the worst team in the NFL. Not exactly SB favorites at this time.

The lesson is to not jump to conclusions during the first several weeks in the NFL. There is a lot of football to be played & a lot of things will change during that time. From yesterday the most encouraging thing I saw was the use of Reed. They need to exploit that as much as possible. Against most teams he is going to thrive all day long. Keep doing that & stop dramatically changing your game plan simply because you have a lead - don't take your foot off the gas.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the packers are the ones eating crap today ....

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is everyone feeling now? Smith certainly needs to do more, but he is not the worst. However Cousins & the Vikings aren't exactly setting the world on fire. They beat a bad 49ers team by a bit, tied a Packers team that appears to be not all that great & then were destroyed by the Bills who coming in to the game were supposed to be possibly the worst team in the NFL. Not exactly SB favorites at this time.

The lesson is to not jump to conclusions during the first several weeks in the NFL. There is a lot of football to be played & a lot of things will change during that time. From yesterday the most encouraging thing I saw was the use of Reed. They need to exploit that as much as possible. Against most teams he is going to thrive all day long. Keep doing that & stop dramatically changing your game plan simply because you have a lead - don't take your foot off the gas.

It's a week to week league. I take no lessons other than that. Minnesota tied Green Bay because they gave up a blocked punt for a TD and missed three FGs.

Through three weeks I give Smith the slight edge over Cousin's if you want a head to head opinion. So far the Redskin defense has been better which might be the true shock, I think many of us thought the Redskin defense would be better but not better than Minnesota's. I think we thought the run game would be better for the Redskins but I didn't expect that Minnesota's run game would be basically non-existent.

There is a difference between jumping to conclusions and week to week reports. I think dad has said it many times and I echo that. I think those of us who were very disappointed at letting Cousin's go are also fair enough to give Smith credit when he plays well. Something that did not happen with the ABC crowd the past three years.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a week to week league. I take no lessons other than that. Minnesota tied Green Bay because they gave up a blocked punt for a TD and missed three FGs.

Through three weeks I give Smith the slight edge over Cousin's if you want a head to head opinion. So far the Redskin defense has been better which might be the true shock, I think many of us thought the Redskin defense would be better but not better than Minnesota's. I think we thought the run game would be better for the Redskins but I didn't expect that Minnesota's run game would be basically non-existent.

There is a difference between jumping to conclusions and week to week reports. I think dad has said it many times and I echo that. I think those of us who were very disappointed at letting Cousin's go are also fair enough to give Smith credit when he plays well. Something that did not happen with the ABC crowd the past three years.

Yep - not only week-to-week but also teams evolve (or fall apart) over the course of the season. Also ultimately injuries will be the deciding factor in many cases. I have stated repeatedly that I wanted the Skins to keep Cousins but just don't want to mope around thinking "what if" for Cousins. As you alluded to - the two are close but obviously Cousins is younger & they have different skill sets.

More big tests to come for this team. I would love to see them pull it out in NO to offset that horrible last minute loss down there last season (a game I attended - not going this year so the heartbreak won't be as bad if they lose). Really outside of the Rams I don't see a true dominant NFC team rt now - could change in the next few weeks. HTTR

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good reminder post SoCal! Reed should be involved given his ability to run routes and catch footballs. Not to mention, we paid him a lot of money to do so. The int yesterday was on him and quite frankly, a player of Reed's caliber and status in the league, that play was unacceptable for him and hopefully Gruden let him know about it.
It seems we are a pretty good football team that has potential however, it can go horribly wrong in a hurry. Much like most teams in this years NFL.
HTTR!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good reminder post SoCal! Reed should be involved given his ability to run routes and catch footballs. Not to mention, we paid him a lot of money to do so. The int yesterday was on him and quite frankly, a player of Reed's caliber and status in the league, that play was unacceptable for him and hopefully Gruden let him know about it.
It seems we are a pretty good football team that has potential however, it can go horribly wrong in a hurry. Much like most teams in this years NFL.
HTTR!

Yep - on that pick I was first very pissed at Smith. Then someone reminded me that it was totally Reed's fault. I also see where Reed got caught up w/ some Packers fan in the stands - no need for that crap. The guy just has so much to offer when healthy - he needs to step up & be a true pro.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - on that pick I was first very pissed at Smith. Then someone reminded me that it was totally Reed's fault. I also see where Reed got caught up w/ some Packers fan in the stands - no need for that crap. The guy just has so much to offer when healthy - he needs to step up & be a true pro.
It was totally Reed's fault. Its the receivers responsibility to make the cut in front of the DB on that pattern. Reed didn't and then stopped when the DB cut him off. He needed to plow right through the DB and hope for a pass interference call.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again my whole point is about fairness. KC didnt get it even in wins

statistically this defense is waaaay better then any we have had recently

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you have to give the other team credit. The DB read the route and took it away from Reed. He jumped the route so early that Reed would have had to run through him. That might have been the best choice, that way they would have only had to take the penalty. Considering how poorly the GB DBs played yesterday I wouldn't let one route get me too upset.

As for NO, I never come close to picking that game. It seems if I think they are going to crush the Skins then the Skins win and vice versa so I am going to pick NO in a walk and hope my jinx still works.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's not forget that, Green Bay would have won that game outright except for the now infamous, " Clay Matthews" call. There was an interception overturned on that play. Had it stood, game over!