• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to dust off the golf swing

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live a couple of miles away from an outdoor (heated) driving range that is open year round. Even with the temps well below zero last week in Brew town, dem crazy bastids were open and had customers.

Going next weekend to hit a large bucket and hope my hands don't snap off

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck pack. I don't like those artificial turf mats with the rubber tee to hit off of at all. They scratch up my irons too. But I never feel like I get a true hit on the ball unless it's on natural turf. But in Wisconsin it is probably frozen this time of year. BTW, I go to Pinehurst twice a year. Best deal in golf. Three rounds and two nights lodging for $200 right now. They have seven courses other than #2.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck pack. I don't like those artificial turf mats with the rubber tee to hit off of at all. They scratch up my irons too. But I never feel like I get a true hit on the ball unless it's on natural turf. But in Wisconsin it is probably frozen this time of year. BTW, I go to Pinehurst twice a year. Best deal in golf. Three rounds and two nights lodging for $200 right now. They have seven courses other than #2.

roger that

I don't like hitting off of mats either but it is still nice to hit a real golf ball outdoors in the land of cheese when there is still a foot of snow on the ground

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta be careful they don't bend the angle of your irons as well. DO it enough and your 5 can become a 6 iron.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live a couple of miles away from an outdoor (heated) driving range that is open year round. Even with the temps well below zero last week in Brew town, dem crazy bastids were open and had customers.

I hate the mats too but sometimes you do it I guess...especially up there...crazy weather down here...5 deg. last Wed I think it was...Sat was 58 deg...courses were packed, and I was among them! Hit it much better than anticipated, but putted like I hadn't played in a a couple months...91, with oh four 3 jacks that I remember and I tried to forget some!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotta hit the dome. I say I'm going to every year, but I rarely do. I hate the mats. They're crap. Every lie is so nice & fluffy it's hard to tell when you've hit one badly. That's just an excuse though. I just don't like to practice, which isn't good for the game when I have to take 4 months off every year... might be 5 months the way this winter is going. Maybe this weekend. I have 3 days off.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true that mats always give a nice lie - but I can at least tell when I strike it well

just trying to get the muscle memory of my swing back, course with the way I played last year, that might not be a good thing

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true that mats always give a nice lie - but I can at least tell when I strike it well

just trying to get the muscle memory of my swing back, course with the way I played last year, that might not be a good thing

true really all the range is (for us amateurs) is to get our swing down to where we think we can replicate it about 80-90% of the time. I know I consistently fail at this and need a lot of work on. But yeah I am not the biggest fans of mats since well on the course you aren't hitting off those. But it's nice to have something to play one when the ground is frozen over!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have fun with that, can't wait to get on the course in the Spring.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I injured my shoulder and missed all of last season for the first time in 29 years. It sucked big time but after a summer of PT and an autumn of chucking in eight cord of firewood, the shoulder feels much better so I should be good to go this spring.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, I injured my shoulder and missed all of last season for the first time in 29 years. It sucked big time but after a summer of PT and an autumn of chucking in eight cord of firewood, the shoulder feels much better so I should be good to go this spring.

good luck to the both of you this season

keep it in the short grass

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good luck to the both of you this season

keep it in the short grass

You as well, sir!

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pinehurst is just one stroke from heaven...

golf stroke or medical stroke...s'no difference...:nod:

you must know somebody.
that's an obscenely low rate (assume nightly cost/person?) even for this time of year.

Offers & Packages · Pinehurst Resort

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf is the greatest game of all for sure. You'll never lay a tackle on someone like LT, you'll never take it to the rim like Jordan and you'll never return Roger Federer but on any given shot, you can best Tiger Woods!

A few years back me and my partner were playing in the end of the year league scramble. So we're off to the side of a short par 5 in two....maybe 100ft or so. I'm the first to play to the raised and well bunkered green. Well what do you know, I holed out the 3/4 wedge shot for eagle...we went on to win.

Jump to exactly one year later, same hole, same place third shot and I'm first to play. I said to my partner and our new teammates, "remember when I holed out this shot last year?" Well you guessed it, I holed it out again! We were all so stunned, all four of us missed the next par three green!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf is the greatest game of all for sure. You'll never lay a tackle on someone like LT, you'll never take it to the rim like Jordan and you'll never return Roger Federer but on any given shot, you can best Tiger Woods!

A few years back me and my partner were playing in the end of the year league scramble. So we're off to the side of a short par 5 in two....maybe 100ft or so. I'm the first to play to the raised and well bunkered green. Well what do you know, I holed out the 3/4 wedge shot for eagle...we went on to win.

Jump to exactly one year later, same hole, same place third shot and I'm first to play. I said to my partner and our new teammates, "remember when I holed out this shot last year?" Well you guessed it, I holed it out again! We were all so stunned, all four of us missed the next par three green!

Speak for yourself now! LOL, very true...at one time I had a decent BB game, good enough for some smaller D1 schools ( I think call them something else now)...just didn't have the offhand to play with the big boys...now I could probably still dunk after a lot of warmup, and I mean a lot, but my knees will be looking for some other body part to help me back down.

Those are the shots that keep us coming back as they say!...Great time I'm sure you guys had holing out again like that.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The body's a year older, the eyes are getting worse and I seem to falling down more often after 3 beers.

With all that said...bet I shoot the best round of the year right outta the gates, never fails.

Thought process over the ball THIS year...

-keep your head down thru the swing.
-balanced swing inside out.
-rotate thru the ball.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, Steeler, that round ball was always beyond me...I suck at basketball! That's cool that you play it well.

With all that said...bet I shoot the best round of the year right outta the gates, never fails.

Also a few years back, our league started and I hadn't swung a club yet. It was cold and windy so I was in a sweatshirt. Fired an even par 35 that day! Didn't par again the rest of the year!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB...long, long time ago, and I take that back about still being able to dunk...touch the rim is probably about it.

Wow...that happens...I've never shot par anything!! Shot +1 (37) a few times. My low last year was 78, high 101, and a buncha 80s in between...Got new irons (TM Bladz Tour) at the end of the season last year, only played twice with them...I said this year my goal is to try and focus the whole 18...seems like I need a snowman or triple to settle me down and focus.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you talking about Gastrau's or a different place? I live about 2 miles from Gastrau's.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, Steeler, that round ball was always beyond me...I suck at basketball! That's cool that you play it well.

Also a few years back, our league started and I hadn't swung a club yet. It was cold and windy so I was in a sweatshirt. Fired an even par 35 that day! Didn't par again the rest of the year!

Same here and also the first few holes in the round. I finally figured out why...less pressure and you haven't dug yourself into a hole yet!