• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Tebow

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I was referring to passes OVER 20 YARDS completion percentage. He broke the UF record for that stat. I read it was something like 67 percent or so.

It was in 2009, I believe.
How much of that was YAC? And it's a pretty obscure stat to hang an opinion on at that.

1/2 of Tebow's 8-8 "miracle" season was shear, dumb luck. He was a strong competitor, I'll give you that. But an NFL QB he was not. And if the Raiders beat the Chargers in week 17 of 2011, they're the ones hosting the Steelers in the WC game and this discussion likely doesn't even take place.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow was a fullback trying to play QB, simply in the wrong position. SomeBody should have sat him down and...

Somebody.....Tim, we can use your talents just not s a starting QB. We want you here, is there anyway you can be our army knife guy, some running, receiving, passing, a triple threat, sure would hate to lose you.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of that was YAC? And it's a pretty obscure stat to hang an opinion on at that.

1/2 of Tebow's 8-8 "miracle" season was shear, dumb luck. He was a strong competitor, I'll give you that. But an NFL QB he was not. And if the Raiders beat the Chargers in week 17 of 2011, they're the ones hosting the Steelers in the WC game and this discussion likely doesn't even take place.
Not really a "miracle." He was a playmaker and unfortunately for him and us we saw the glimpses of that playmaking ability only when he stopped thinking. Sorry, you do not complete those passes and no they were not all just YAC or Percy Harvin and Aaron Hernandez making great catches. He dropped dimes. IF he didn't have it in his head that he needed to have a certain throwing motion.....

We have seen this in many sports. Major league pitchers all of a sudden not being able to pitch strikes. Chuck Knoblauch not being able to make a simple from second base to first base. Pro golfers all of a sudden seemingly losing their ability.

Those are Tebow's highlights from his Heisman year, his sophomore year. If you watch all of the highlights you will see him dropping dimes. Then after feeling "the need" to break his whole throwing motion down and completely changing it.....

I would have left it alone, developed an RPO offense around him, ran no huddle stuff and see how it worked. Tebow is a classic system QB that is the system he was built for.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow is the herpes of NFL.

Can’t get rid of him, flares up and then goes away do a time, not the worst but not the best.