• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Tebow

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retired from baseball shortly after Urban became the Jags coach. Now, recently worked out for the Jags. hmmmmm.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retired from baseball shortly after Urban became the Jags coach. Now, recently worked out for the Jags. hmmmmm.
Don't laugh - Timmy was arguably the most successful Bronco's QB first round pick

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Cutler?

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow could have worked IF he didn't listen to everyone about breaking down his entire throwing motion and overly tinkering with it. There was a reason why he would all of a sudden become superman in the last 5 minutes of games after playing 55 minutes of incompetent football.

The reason, is they got into a hurry up offense, he stopped thinking and just became the playmaker he always was, which was one of the greatest playmakers college football had ever seen.

Actually broke an SEC record for completion percentage of passes over 20 yards. Had the same basic passing stats as Bradford, except a higher completion percentage. He broke Emmitt Smith's UF rushing record for TDs and broke the SEC record held by Herschel Walker for rushing TDs on top of his over 85 TD passes to only 12 INTS. Something like that....

IF he didn't listen to every idiot to break down his throwing motion and a coach had the smarts to just run the RPO offense, convincing him to NOT THINK ABOUT HIS THROWING MOTION, he could have worked. It wasn't an illusion. Actually broke a playoff record by completing four 50 yard passes against the number one defense in the NFL Steelers.

I know, I know, I am delusional. If he could not pass, he wouldn't have broke a record for completion percentage in the SEC. Unfortunately for him and us as fans, he listened to too many people and it became a mental thing. That is why when he wasn't thinking in the hurry up offenses that he turned into that playmaker.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow really wasn't an NFL caliber QB. College success doesn't always equate to NFL success, mainly because of the large difference in the quality of opponents.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tim Tebow season was a crazy fun season. It felt like we Broncos fans were inside a whirlwind of public attention and the Broncos kept winning in the most improbable ways.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow really wasn't an NFL caliber QB. College success doesn't always equate to NFL success, mainly because of the large difference in the quality of opponents.
Yeah, but you don't just go from breaking passing records for ACCURACY in the SEC to not being able to hit water from a boat.

If he wasn't THINKING so much and operated the RPO offense, it could have worked.

Unfortunately for him, he listened to too many people and developed a complex. There was a particular reason he turned into a superman when he was running a two minute drill in the last 5 minutes of those games.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow could have worked IF he didn't listen to everyone about breaking down his entire throwing motion and overly tinkering with it. There was a reason why he would all of a sudden become superman in the last 5 minutes of games after playing 55 minutes of incompetent football.

The reason, is they got into a hurry up offense, he stopped thinking and just became the playmaker he always was, which was one of the greatest playmakers college football had ever seen.

Actually broke an SEC record for completion percentage of passes over 20 yards. Had the same basic passing stats as Bradford, except a higher completion percentage. He broke Emmitt Smith's UF rushing record for TDs and broke the SEC record held by Herschel Walker for rushing TDs on top of his over 85 TD passes to only 12 INTS. Something like that....

IF he didn't listen to every idiot to break down his throwing motion and a coach had the smarts to just run the RPO offense, convincing him to NOT THINK ABOUT HIS THROWING MOTION, he could have worked. It wasn't an illusion. Actually broke a playoff record by completing four 50 yard passes against the number one defense in the NFL Steelers.

I know, I know, I am delusional. If he could not pass, he wouldn't have broke a record for completion percentage in the SEC. Unfortunately for him and us as fans, he listened to too many people and it became a mental thing. That is why when he wasn't thinking in the hurry up offenses that he turned into that playmaker.

I don't know how good he could have been but I agree that his problems were entirely in his head. It was like he was constantly overthinking everything and would either get paralysis by analysis or make awkward physical movements that killed his throwing motion. And I would agree that when he would shake that off in the last 5 mins of a game it was amazing to watch, really fun stuff.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler didn't even sniff the postseason in Denver.
He got to 8-8 like Tebow was 8-5 just like Tebow
One made the playoffs one missed the playoffs

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got to 8-8 like Tebow was 8-5 just like Tebow
One made the playoffs one missed the playoffs

Exactly. One was a playoff QB; the other was not. One beat the number 1 defense, reigning champions; the other was on the outside looking in. Tebow is easily our best drafted QB.

Granted, it’s not a difficult title to earn, but for now, it’s Tebow’s. Greatest Gator QB in history, greatest drafted Broncos QB ever. Let’s face it, dude is a just plain GOAT.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some truth to all of this. The single most important thing about Tebow was how he galvanized this team that year. I’ve never seen a player do that before with the limited skill set of Tebow. It was almost magical, like seriously that shit was made for movies. I remember Champ would literally glow when talking about him. Almost like he was in awe. It was incredible

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the list of all-time leaders in completion percentage in college:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some truth to all of this. The single most important thing about Tebow was how he galvanized this team that year. I’ve never seen a player do that before with the limited skill set of Tebow. It was almost magical, like seriously that shit was made for movies. I remember Champ would literally glow when talking about him. Almost like he was in awe. It was incredible
Yes - very well described.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the list of all-time leaders in completion percentage in college:

Yes, I was referring to passes OVER 20 YARDS completion percentage. He broke the UF record for that stat. I read it was something like 67 percent or so.

It was in 2009, I believe.