• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods: "I'm hitting my numbers again"

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In their effort to keep Tiger relevant, the sports media is not going to show you how often Tiger recycles the shit he tells everybody. But I will

The Hero World Challenge is the perfect spin event for Tiger ...He can come in last and the media will just report that he had the most birdies or something. Call me crazy, I thought they counted boogies in golf.

Expect some spin for the long layoff after that ...I think the last time he got the "Flu"

Jan 27th, 2015

"My driving has come around a lot faster," said Woods, who is playing the Waste Management Phoenix Open for the first time in 14 years. "I'm a lot longer than I thought I ever could be again. My speed is way back up, and that's fun. I'm touching numbers that I did 15 years ago, so that's cool."

Nov 2nd 2017

"I can't believe how far I'm hitting the golf ball,'' said Woods, who has not played competitively since February. "I'm back to hitting it my full numbers [yardages] and not really trying to do that. I didn't realize how much I had dropped off because of the pain in my back and from me going at it and hitting it normal just because I just lived it from day to day and I really couldn't tell the difference. But now I can tell the difference.''

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In their effort to keep Tiger relevant, the sports media is not going to show you how often Tiger recycles the shit he tells everybody. But I will

The Hero World Challenge is the perfect spin event for Tiger ...He can come in last and the media will just report that he had the most birdies or something. Call me crazy, I thought they counted boogies in golf.

Expect some spin for the long layoff after that ...I think the last time he got the "Flu"

Jan 27th, 2015

"My driving has come around a lot faster," said Woods, who is playing the Waste Management Phoenix Open for the first time in 14 years. "I'm a lot longer than I thought I ever could be again. My speed is way back up, and that's fun. I'm touching numbers that I did 15 years ago, so that's cool."

Nov 2nd 2017

"I can't believe how far I'm hitting the golf ball,'' said Woods, who has not played competitively since February. "I'm back to hitting it my full numbers [yardages] and not really trying to do that. I didn't realize how much I had dropped off because of the pain in my back and from me going at it and hitting it normal just because I just lived it from day to day and I really couldn't tell the difference. But now I can tell the difference.''

I'm resigned to the fact that TG and the golf media in general are going to make anything Tiger does a story, and I guess his 20th comeback attempt is a story, but I think golf fans have largely moved on...they will probably never even approach the heights Tiger has in this game, but Jordan, Justin, Dustin, Rory, etc...they are the tour now.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pay attention when he competes for a full tournament and doesn't miss the cut/withdraw early. Game has been fine without him for the past several years.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pay attention when he competes for a full tournament and doesn't miss the cut/withdraw early. Game has been fine without him for the past several years.
Revenue-wise I don't think it's quite been what it was when he was playing well, but that was a superstar bump sports get only every so often...like Jordan for basketball?

The game is fine, if not as rich or popular. A little easier to get out there to play for us lifers.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger Woods' latest comeback comes with more than a small dose of optimism - Golf Digest

This story to me is proof of the collusion of the Golf world to keep Tiger relevant.

Tiger is now older, has had another surgery, has had another long layoff, and is coming off a drug addition.
According to this golf writer ..that is the a "narrative" and not facts.

The only reason he gives that we should have more optimism this time around is that some of the old pro's think he can come back strong.

I'm mean really? ....That is like asking a Corp board member what do you think the stock performance will be this year. Yea, I'm pretty sure he is going to say the stock is going up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger Woods' latest comeback comes with more than a small dose of optimism - Golf Digest

This story to me is proof of the collusion of the Golf world to keep Tiger relevant.

Tiger is now older, has had another surgery, has had another long layoff, and is coming off a drug addition.
According to this golf writer ..that is the a "narrative" and not facts.

The only reason he gives that we should have more optimism this time around is that some of the old pro's think he can come back strong.

I'm mean really? ....That is like asking a Corp board member what do you think the stock performance will be this year. Yea, I'm pretty sure he is going to say the stock is going up.

Tiger Woods the brand is still relevant...that's why we continue to click on these rehab articles.

I look at the media is simply doing its job...but for me, if Tiger tees it up in an event, I'll probably watch some of it, but TW is not must see TV anymore...yeah if he somehow gets hot in a tournament the ratings might spike for that week or whatever, but Tiger is done as a championship caliber player week in week out.

Not that the PGAT needs saving, but he's not the savior anymore.