• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger says 'proven I can win after injuries'

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice control from Tiger today. But the new Tiger always seems to have the longest yardage coming in. He is going to be in some bad spots if he does not take a chance or two off the tee.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice control from Tiger today. But the new Tiger always seems to have the longest yardage coming in. He is going to be in some bad spots if he does not take a chance or two off the tee.

Agreed...he played it as if it was the '06 Hoylake. Idk about bad spots on the approach if he's laying back and playing from the FW, but his lag putting/chipping better be sharp because he won't be able to go after pins. He was in one of the pot bunkers and made bogey so he'll be conscious of that going forward.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put it past him, but I've seen people on roids up close, and have stood within 5' of Tiger a couple of times actually @ the Masters (...it would have to be some unique shit b/c he didn't have that roid look at all).

What is the "Roid" look??? Chuck Knoblauch used, for crying out loud. :noidea:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good round for a guy that doesn't have a swing anymore! Not saying that he will continue to do well this weekend - who knows - but he looks alright for someone that should still have rust.

Let's be honest. I see all these folks come on this & similar boards and throw out all of these theories and - no offense - but most of them are pulled out of everyone's rear end. The truth is we don't know all of the reasons for his ups & downs & nobody here really knows what the future holds for him. He may fall short, but he very well could have some big comebacks within him. Unlike others here - I will be honest & state that I don't have a clue how it will turn out.

Nope, those are my opinions, formed by me. And to be honest, I do know what I am talking about.

Tiger got hot, birdied 5 outta 6 holes on the back. Also I think he had like 27 putts. That doesn't necessarily mean your swing is solid.

Hey, I actually root for Tiger because I think him playing well is good for the game. But I criticize his swing because it looks worse than it ever has since he was hitting on the Carson show at age 3. foley is an idiot. He's the same guy who said the fundamentals of the short game are the same as in the long game. Lol. Except that they are totally different.:laugh3:

Go Tiger!
fire foley.
Go Tiger!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, those are my opinions, formed by me. And to be honest, I do know what I am talking about.

Tiger got hot, birdied 5 outta 6 holes on the back. Also I think he had like 27 putts. That doesn't necessarily mean your swing is solid.

Hey, I actually root for Tiger because I think him playing well is good for the game. But I criticize his swing because it looks worse than it ever has since he was hitting on the Carson show at age 3. foley is an idiot. He's the same guy who said the fundamentals of the short game are the same as in the long game. Lol. Except that they are totally different.:laugh3:

Go Tiger!
fire foley.
Go Tiger!

Actually - I would not really take much issue with your type of theory although who really knows how this will pan out. I guess I take more issues with some of the off the wall stuff like people who are 100% convinced that this is all due to steroids. Whatever.

Just like with other athletes - I don't really care what Tiger or any other golfer says - the end result is all that matters & one way or another we will find that out over the weekend & over the next few years.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only got to see his first 10 holes this morning before heading out... Swing looked great & his distance control was spot on after the first 2 holes.. Couldn't make a putt though.. I guess I just needed to stop watching. Should be interesting tomorrow. Great leaderboard.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got hot during a 6 hole stretch yesterday. Other than that he has played shitty golf. I'm telling you, his swing can't hold up. Hard to play good golf when your swing thought is "oh shit" going into impact position.

I don't have a problem with mine and that's how I feel. Although, my wife hasn't taken an 8 iron to my cranium either. :laugh3:

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,493.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love to see that he barley made the cut this week. I hope his struggle continues into the weekend

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew Kevin Na was such a dick?

Na's even after 3 rounds and Woods is +3.

After Woods finished his round today, Kevin got in his face pointed at the leader board and yelled

"nana nana na na"

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew Kevin Na was such a dick?

Na's even after 3 rounds and Woods is +3.

After Woods finished his round today, Kevin got in his face pointed at the leader board and yelled

"nana nana na na"

Don't quit your day job!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Tiger!
fire foley.
Go Tiger!

Or maybe not. I'm not going to pretend to know what is or isn't wrong with Tiger's swing or Sean Foley's methods. I'll leave that to experts such as yourself.
rolleyes2.gif
But you do realize that before his surgery Tiger was POTY last year with 5 wins including The Players, right ?