• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thunder vs Warriors

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this one can live up to the billing. Go OKC!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how the Warriors choose to matchup.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how the Warriors choose to matchup.

Pretty sure the Warriors will start normal, Barnes on KD and Steph on RW. At some point though I think you'll see a cross match, with Klay guarding RW. Iguodala will guard KD in the time when he's in so I don't think Draymond will get much time, if any, on KD. When the playoffs come around though and I could see Draymond on KD potentially.

I think this game will come down Klay Thompson. He's going to be charged with being that second scorer for the Warriors, while also probably guarding RW for long stretches. In games past where he's been charged with guarding the best guard for the opposition, he tends to disappear offensively. That' understandable with the energy he's exerting on the defense end. If he ends up not guarding RW, he's going to need to be a big number guy to produce some points on the board.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the Warriors will start normal, Barnes on KD and Steph on RW. At some point though I think you'll see a cross match, with Klay guarding RW. Iguodala will guard KD in the time when he's in so I don't think Draymond will get much time, if any, on KD. When the playoffs come around though and I could see Draymond on KD potentially.

I think this game will come down Klay Thompson. He's going to be charged with being that second scorer for the Warriors, while also probably guarding RW for long stretches. In games past where he's been charged with guarding the best guard for the opposition, he tends to disappear offensively. That' understandable with the energy he's exerting on the defense end. If he ends up not guarding RW, he's going to need to be a big number guy to produce some points on the board.
I agree with everything but Steph on RW. I think Kerr puts Klay on him from the start simply because RW is such a threat on both ends of the court. Having a stronger defender on him early does two things: Helps keep him from going off on the offensive end while also making him exert energy trying to keep up with Steph on the defensive end.

They don't want both RW AND KD to have great nights offensively because that will keep the game very close and within striking distance for OKC while GS tries to close out.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything but Steph on RW. I think Kerr puts Klay on him from the start simply because RW is such a threat on both ends of the court. Having a stronger defender on him early does two things: Helps keep him from going off on the offensive end while also making him exert energy trying to keep up with Steph on the defensive end.

They don't want both RW AND KD to have great nights offensively because that will keep the game very close and within striking distance for OKC while GS tries to close out.

Kerr almost always starts Curry out with a straight up matchup against the opposing point guard. The reason I believe they will want Curry to start on RW is mainly because the team likes to try and Klay involved in the offense early in the game if possible. If he can find a rhythm early, it will help the team later in the game. Curry as we know can go off at any time. If Klay has to expend that much energy from the start guarding RW, it slows him down and tires him faster.

In addition it doesn't matter as much on who starts out on RW is because of the Warriors continually switching on defense.

Lastly, you don't put Klay on RW because you want to bait him into being a volume shooter. Last year in a game where both him and KD played, RW took 30 shots compared to 13 for KD. As an opponent that's exactly what you want the Thunder to do.

But no one really will know until tip off. Either way should be a great game.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr almost always starts Curry out with a straight up matchup against the opposing point guard. The reason I believe they will want Curry to start on RW is mainly because the team likes to try and Klay involved in the offense early in the game if possible. If he can find a rhythm early, it will help the team later in the game. Curry as we know can go off at any time. If Klay has to expend that much energy from the start guarding RW, it slows him down and tires him faster.

In addition it doesn't matter as much on who starts out on RW is because of the Warriors continually switching on defense.

Lastly, you don't put Klay on RW because you want to bait him into being a volume shooter. Last year in a game where both him and KD played, RW took 30 shots compared to 13 for KD. As an opponent that's exactly what you want the Thunder to do.

But no one really will know until tip off. Either way should be a great game.
Yep, we shall see.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is the one guy that match's up athleticly with Curry and RW is bigger and stronger. I can't wait for this matchup.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I anin't watchin' that WNBA shet. I'm watching the Lakers/Spurs.

Actually, I'm switching back and forth.

I started watching the Suns-Jazz and it was 10-0 Jazz with 7 mins left in the 1st and at that point I realized it was time to switch over for my own sake.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started watching the Suns-Jazz and it was 10-0 Jazz with 7 mins left in the 1st and at that point I realized it was time to switch over for my own sake.

:lol: I'll probably be doing the same soon enough. But for now, the Lakers are making a game of it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Singler is absolutely fucking terrible. Why does he ever see the court?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan says he likes his defense, bullshit. Morrow should be getting all his minutes.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess defense is optional tonight.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is turning into a blood bath.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude this Golden State team is just ridiculously good.

Yet, I somehow don't trust them to save us all from a Cavaliers title.