• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Three starting pitcher FA targets for 2020

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is of course assuming two very important factors are eliminated. (1) They're not given extensions with their current ballclubs, and (2) Reinsdorf is willing to dip into his wallet because none of these three are going to come cheap. And we all know that neither of these factors are a given. But if any of these three will be available for signing in the offseason, I'd love to see Hahn & Co bust a move for one of them.

1. Gerrit Cole, Astros - Cole will be entering his age 29 season next year. Already the priciest of the three at his current salary of $13.5m, he will likely end up with the costliest contract as well. He's a proven winner and a workhorse who has logged 200+ innings in three of his last four seasons, and seems to be on his way to another one.

2. Jake Odorizzi, Minnesota - The man will be entering his age 30 season next year and is having a breakout season. Considering he's in his walk year of a relatively bargain salary of $9.5m, he couldn't have picked a better time to explode onto the scene. He likely won't command as much as Cole, but his rate of increase will likely be the largest of the three.

3. Jose Quintana, Cubs - Nope, not a misprint. JQ will be entering his age 31 season in 2020, and unless the Cubbies extend his contract or promise to match/beat any other offer, we shouldn't overlook the possibility of his return to the South Side. He's a sturdy, if unspectacular hurler who will give you innings. His current salary is $10.5, but unless he goes on a tear the rest of this season, his otherwise so-so record will probably result in the smallest of the three contracts, both in dollar amounts and length of time.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip Quintana, turns out he's still under contract next year as well. Can't remember where I read the FA list for the next offseason, but the one I reviewed had Quintana on it.