• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Three staff workers tested positive for COVID-19 at my workplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slept over ten hours last night, and that is uncharacteristic of me.

Many of you (roughly 75 percent) are unable to distinguish a message board from the real world. The whole notion that "HurricaneDij talks down about my team, so it must mean that he spends all his time in mom's basement stalking teenage girls" is not it.

I have held the same job in a healthcare facility for six years now and my soon-to-be 93-year-old immovable grandfather was admitted into my place three weeks ago simply because my family felt it was most convenient.

Just one day of work yesterday wearing excessive equipment had beaten me down. Regardless of what the president or anyone else says, the virus is very real and I would not be surprised if I myself eventually came down with it.

I'm 32 now and my life is real. When I first started at SportsHoopla seven years ago I was practically living in my dad's basement working one dead end situation after another. That's not where I'm at anymore. This is the real world.

I don't know when or if I will post on here again.

Go Nuggs!
Grow Some balls. Avg age of the dead is virtually the same as an americans life expectancy. 32 yrs old and is wailing to strangers... is you not knowing real life from the forum. Syphon your sympathy from real life people around you, if you dont get what you feel you “deserve” that shows you how little you matter to those you think matter.... take care. Face the shit and beat it like a young strong male. Not a bitch made simp.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole notion that "HurricaneDij talks down about my team, so it must mean that he spends all his time in mom's basement...

When I first started at SportsHoopla seven years ago I was living in my dad's basement

Take that haters! You were wrong! It was his dad’s basement you idiots!

Way to show them, OP.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to 20 cases in my facility now. Eight residents and 12 staff members. If anyone's wondering why I'm not replying to you troll post(s) in a timely manner - That's why.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grow Some balls. Avg age of the dead is virtually the same as an americans life expectancy. 32 yrs old and is wailing to strangers... is you not knowing real life from the forum. Syphon your sympathy from real life people around you, if you dont get what you feel you “deserve” that shows you how little you matter to those you think matter.... take care. Face the shit and beat it like a young strong male. Not a bitch made simp.

I'm so sorry I didn't vote for your favorite reality TV star...

140k cases per day suggest it's time for the adults to take over, which is precisely what's going to happen on Jan. 20.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sorry I didn't vote for your favorite reality TV star...

140k cases per day suggest it's time for the adults to take over, which is precisely what's going to happen on Jan. 20.
Would “taking over” include not sending old people back to the nursing home if they are Covid positive?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hospital has said so many employees catch the virus (so far it has been claimed that its 99% community acquisition, not from while working) that they are making a list right now with mandatory on call and call in times. So many departments are just so functionally short staffed right now its crazy. Then on top of that the whole hospital is at and then over max capacity. To go into any Covid or suspected covid room, I have to swap out my "regular" surgical mask and put on an n95 mask. We have to guard our N95's with our lives because we have to make them last 5 shifts. Then we put on our non latex gloves. The comes the impervious gown. Followed by another pair of gloves. Then comes another disposable mask over our n95. Then we can trade our safety glasses in for our full face shield and finally go into the room. Actually in my department we take the extra step of putting a disposable plastic bag over the part of our equipment that touches the patient. Then we comme back out of the room and take everything off and throw into the correct bins. Then sanitize our hands and put on a new pair of gloves before we get a rag soaked in an oxycide solution that kills covid and spend a good couple minutes wiping down every surface of our machine. Then that machine needs to park for 30 minutes and then be rewiped down with our regular cleaning wipes. We had to bring in additional portable machines from our offsite facilites.

Most nights lately I've had to go through this whole process 15-20 times a shift, and its absolutely exhausting. Even back in March, April, May it peaked at maybe 5-10 times per shift.

And we're a smaller community owned hospital. Everything else around me is huge healthcare systems, so I loved the atmosphere of this hospital. But everybody knows everybody, and since we're losing atheist a patient or two every single day....

Im just exhausted and haven't been on here as much lately.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds really rough... hang in there, @Edonidd .

Cases have gone up at the school where I work, but nothing as bad as what you describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.