• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Three games in, Johnson one of the early steals of the draft

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long way to go before making any firm annointments, but so far, so good. Check out this stat, which was mentioned on WCG:

Bears' Jaylon Johnson has allowed 0.19 (!!) yards per coverage snap when lined up in press this season... That leads all qualifying NFL cornerbacks through W3.

Color me impressed.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been very solid.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace can draft the hell out of the middle rounds.... If he would only fix his first 2 rounds in drafting.... >mutters<

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson + Mooney makes this a bomb-ass draft for Pace so far. I think Kmet will be plenty good as well but they're more comfortable with Graham's pass catching prowess alongside Harris' dominant blocking, both of which are eating into the opportunities Kmet would otherwise get.

If Kmet turns out then this will be a homerun draft just on those three guys. Then you'll still have the development guys Trevis Gipson, Kindle Vildor and the two 7th round O linemen.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson + Mooney makes this a bomb-ass draft for Pace so far. I think Kmet will be plenty good as well but they're more comfortable with Graham's pass catching prowess alongside Harris' dominant blocking, both of which are eating into the opportunities Kmet would otherwise get.

If Kmet turns out then this will be a homerun draft just on those three guys. Then you'll still have the development guys Trevis Gipson, Kindle Vildor and the two 7th round O linemen.
I think Kmet's blocking has been better than expected. As for receiving, they're obviously bringing him along slowly. It's hard to move Graham at this juncture, he's looking a lot more like his old self.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kmet's blocking has been better than expected. As for receiving, they're obviously bringing him along slowly. It's hard to move Graham at this juncture, he's looking a lot more like his old self.
I think Graham was always brought in primarily as a red-zone threat. You don't see them leaning too much on him between the 20s, which is fine. And that red zone prowess doesn't grow on trees. Graham has already spoken highly of Kmet and his ability to pick things up so my guess is that if Kmet is going to make any noise this year it'll be later in the season as he's continued to gain experience.

Either way, the TE position went from complete and utter trash to arguably a team strength. Graham is still a top half receiving threat from the position and Demetrius Harris' blocking has been downright nasty so far. Toss the best TE from the 2020 draft on the list and you've got a nice group.

As for Jaylon Johnson, when we took him, in my head I just penciled him in there as a guy you don't have to worry about so that's nice. Johnson is a clear upgrade on Amukamara and Gipson is an upgrade on Clinton-Dix. It's too bad Danny Trevathan looks like a grandpa out there while the whole front 7 is missing Goldman big time.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read something the other day...Graham's 3 TDs are more than the entire group had all last year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace can draft the hell out of the middle rounds.... If he would only fix his first 2 rounds in drafting.... >mutters<
Well, Johnson was a 2nd round pick.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Kmet, Whitehair, James Daniels, Anthony Miller and Eddie Goldman.

Really his only 2nd shit the bed was Shaheen.

His first 3 first rounders were fucking turds tho. White, Floyd and Trubisky. Jury's still out on Roquan, IMO.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His first 3 first rounders were fucking turds tho. White, Floyd and Trubisky. Jury's still out on Roquan, IMO.
Ok, fine... fix the first round grabs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Roquan is a good hit so far. He's been a playmaker and is the new "QB" of the D, so to speak with Trevathan seeing a lot of the bench. It's far from a sealed deal, though. So, I don't totally disagree. Roquan has had some inconsistent periods of play.

Roquan was billed as our next HOF caliber LB. He has not been that. That's probably unfair to criticize a player over, though. No matter where he was selected.

Speaking of Trevathan and kind of off topic. But that contract looks like it's going to be a nightmare. He's clearly declined and we're paying him good money for the next few years. Can't even get out of it. I really wish we had just signed Kwit... or even KPL for nothing more than a few mil. I originally wanted to keep Kwit but sort of understood when LVR paid him as much as they did. Still, it looks like the wrong decision for us now.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Roquan is a good hit so far. He's been a playmaker and is the new "QB" of the D, so to speak with Trevathan seeing a lot of the bench. It's far from a sealed deal, though. So, I don't totally disagree. Roquan has had some inconsistent periods of play.

Roquan was billed as our next HOF caliber LB. He has not been that. That's probably unfair to criticize a player over, though. No matter where he was selected.

Speaking of Trevathan and kind of off topic. But that contract looks like it's going to be a nightmare. He's clearly declined and we're paying him good money for the next few years. Can't even get out of it. I really wish we had just signed Kwit... or even KPL for nothing more than a few mil. I originally wanted to keep Kwit but sort of understood when LVR paid him as much as they did. Still, it looks like the wrong decision for us now.
I agree with Roquan. It's that inconsistency that's worrisome. He looked godawful last week. Couldn't shed a block to save his life. Kinda feel like he needs a big block-eater in front of him, like Goldman, for him to be truly effective. (I think his blitz ability is a strong point of his game)

I think his inconsistencies are more prevalent and noticeable, with Trevathan's play being so poor so far. And ya, Trevathan either needs to step it up dramatically, or restructure, cuz right now, he is vastly overpaid.