• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on rigged NBA

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotten better now that Stern's gone but every playoffs there's wtf games where the officiating is clearly trying to extend the series. Calling the game in such a way that favors the home teams style of play is one thing. But there's still plenty of cases where they're calling fouls on one team but not the other when the exact same thing occurs.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why NBA fans would be so flabbergasted about the suggestion that games might be rigged when a long-time ref actually went to jail for rigging games.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why NBA fans would be so flabbergasted about the suggestion that games might be rigged when a long-time ref actually went to jail for rigging games.

This is true and the refs are not great for most of the year however in the finals they do let them play for the most part.

It would not surprise me tho

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the officiating subpar? Yes. That said, it's hard to call the league rigged when the teams you'd expect to win on paper are almost always among the final contenders in the playoffs and the ultimate winner is can almost always be narrowed down to 2 or 3 teams before the seasons even begin.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the officiating subpar? Yes. That said, it's hard to call the league rigged when the teams you'd expect to win on paper are almost always among the final contenders in the playoffs and the ultimate winner is can almost always be narrowed down to 2 or 3 teams before the seasons even begin.

The rigging isn't about contenders, it's about making series' between teams go longer. And making sure if it's close, put the finger on the scale of your most super teams.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, because after all, 1 person doing it clearly means it's rampant.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because after all, 1 person doing it clearly means it's rampant.

One former NBA ref official getting busted for rigging games might not mean it's "rampant" throughout the entire league on a regular basis. But, it does prove that the NBA's vetting process for hiring/maintaining referee officials with integrity to do their best to call fair games is/has been questionable.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One former NBA ref official getting busted for rigging games might not mean it's "rampant" throughout the entire league on a regular basis. But, it does prove that the NBA's vetting process for hiring/maintaining referee officials with integrity to do their best to call fair games is/has been questionable.

Yeah, 1 guy doesn't mean the NBA's vetting process is/has been questionable either.

In fact, considering how many referees there currently are and have been over the years...I'd say it's quite the opposite.