• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on rigged NBA

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for example if the NBA thought it would be in their best interest to extend a series, do you think the league will try to manipulate that in their favor?
i think that has happened at times. Every time? Of course not. I obviously think the Lakers/Kings Game 6 is the most egregious example.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rigged is not the right word imo...that tone is threading into the '19 White Sox scandal...There has been a convicted NBA ref for ill activities in games so I do think refs have influenced games...MLB has had gambling scandals. Alex Karras I think was run out of the NFL with gambling. Rigged and gambling are two different tones altogether.

Do I think it's anymore than a rouge ref or two in the NBA? Not a whole more than that.

In terms of player involvement...it wouldn't shock me, but they make a lot of money...imo too much to risk it unless they got into some deep gambling debts, etc.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that has happened at times. Every time? Of course not. I obviously think the Lakers/Kings Game 6 is the most egregious example.

Cough, Draymond suspended for game 5, cough....

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rigged is not the right word imo...that tone is threading into the '19 White Sox scandal...There has been a convicted NBA ref for ill activities in games so I do think refs have influenced games...MLB has had gambling scandals. Alex Karras I think was run out of the NFL with gambling. Rigged and gambling are two different tones altogether.

Do I think it's anymore than a rouge ref or two in the NBA? Not a whole more than that.

In terms of player involvement...it wouldn't shock me, but they make a lot of money...imo too much to risk it unless they got into some deep gambling debts, etc.

I think with the amount of media scrutiny nowadays it's much harder for any sort or rigging to take place. Point shaving maybe, but definitely not flat out given away games. I mean you see how twitter blows up over singular missed calls? Also with replay being added in on the last two minutes, it makes it even more difficult.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cough, Draymond suspended for game 5, cough....
i dont think its the ref's fault taht draymond continously went after other men's genitals....if it was a 1 time thing i would tend to agree with you- if that was the first time he went after another dudes balls- sure-- but his infatuation with penises was draymonds big problem there and all the separate incidents built up to that....he had no one to blame but himself

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think its the ref's fault taht draymond continously went after other men's genitals....if it was a 1 time thing i would tend to agree with you- if that was the first time he went after another dudes balls- sure-- but his infatuation with penises was draymonds big problem there and all the separate incidents built up to that....he had no one to blame but himself

And what's your excuse?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a Celtic fan. It's what they do.

The Celtics have never lost a game in their entire history that wasn't rigged by the refs. Every Celtics fan knows this to be fact.

It is true. Nobody likes us. But we do make good beer here in beantown and hey,,,,,,,,,,,,what about them clam bakes!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

It's hilarious that people think that rigging games is a thing.

You have a league that has been building itself up to compete with MLB and the NFL since at least 1980.

That has gone from having it's championship series games shown on tape delay to arguably the 2nd most popular sport worldwide and that is gaining ground on the NFL for the most popular sport in America.

That has more star players who are popular worldwide than the NFL or MLB.

But in this day and age, when everyone with a smartphone is a reporter and where there are still people who think the games are rigged or at least influenced...they are going to risk everything they've gained, just to get "favorable matchups". :tinfoil3:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Dubs/Cavs Finals of 2016 was rigged as well.

Yep, that's the biggest conspiracy of all. They rigged it so that Lebron could get the Cavs a championship, thus fulfilling his promise to Cavs fans.

Then they "influenced" Lebron to go to LA and save the Lakers. It wasn't really Magic who was waiting in Lebron's driveway an hour before FA started...it was Adam Silver. lol

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a Celtic fan. It's what they do.

The Celtics have never lost a game in their entire history that wasn't rigged by the refs. Every Celtics fan knows this to be fact.

tumblr_m449tz2lzv1r2506z.gif