• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Oklahoma State's AD?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their highest paid assistant is 48th in the country.

Michigan State’s highest is 129th.

USA TODAY Sports
They are only competing with Michigan in terms of teams to compete with locally as well. Regardless that is pretty impressive, I think Dantonio>Gundy personally.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are only competing with Michigan in terms of teams to compete with locally as well. Regardless that is pretty impressive, I think Dantonio>Gundy personally.
Michigan State is doing a great job of handcuffing Dantonio by refusing to spend any money on coaches.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State is doing a great job of handcuffing Dantonio by refusing to spend any money on coaches.
Agreed. Then the administration has no right to terminate a coach if they aren’t willing to put up the funds to help a talented coach succeed. It takes money to make money, it takes money to make a program improve and not stay stagnant.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does it with a mullet, that has to count for something.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if my head coach is such a weak dick that he can’t take any criticism at all, then get the fuck out.
Ari-Gold-Get-The-Fuck-Out.gif

He didn’t even say that he was bad at it, just that he wishes they could finish higher in the rankings. Everyone has to walk around on eggshells because we can’t hurt anyone’s feelings but yet we would be lighting this guy up if he was “I love Mike Gundy, he is the greatest coach on the planet. Nothing he does is wrong.” What do you pansy ass, Zima drinkers want?

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but who the hell does the AD think OkSt is going to get and do better? I don't remember Les Miles doing great in recruiting or even having good results there. And really, I don't remember OkSt ever being relevant as a program. The recent success is like literally the only I can think of in my lifetime, and that was with Gundy.

It's about like LSU firing Les Miles and hiring Coach O. Dumb fucks talking themselves into thinking they can get themselves a 10, throw out the 7 and ends up with a fat 3 because you got nothing else going.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with the sentiment, but who the hell does the AD think OkSt is going to get and do better? I don't remember Les Miles doing great in recruiting or even having good results there. And really, I don't remember OkSt ever being relevant as a program. The recent success is like literally the only I can think of in my lifetime, and that was with Gundy.

It's about like LSU firing Les Miles and hiring Coach O. Dumb fucks talking themselves into thinking they can get themselves a 10, throw out the 7 and ends up with a fat 3 because you got nothing else going.
Again, he didn’t say anything bad about The Mullet. He just said he would recruit differently and wishes they would finish higher in the recruiting rankings.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn’t this dude just get Boone P to pay for recruits like Phil K used to at Oregon?
How do you think they are getting the recruits they are now?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the AD trying to do?

There has to be some motive.

Maybe, just maybe he's trying to piss Gundy off and Gundy will
quit at the end of the year. (Take another job)

The AD is not going to fire the guy that has made them good.
If for no other reason, they will dip the next year, and the AD
will have to shoulder the blame.

The consensus of this thread and the other one, is a subtle one.
Okie State has gone as far as they can go under Gundy.

He ain't gonna get them to the next level. He has to be able
to win half of his games vs OU. He's nowhere near that.
He gets nailed in recruiting because OU gets any Oklahoma HS
player that they want. Now, they probably get more good kids
from Arkansas and Texas than Oklahoma, but they do get all
the good Oklahoma kids. OSU gets the Oklahoma left overs.

Plus, Okie St doesn't exactly schedule overly tough, OOC games.
You've got to be able to prove that you can play with the best and
beat them, to improve recruiting. That would help offset the
annual beating from Oklahoma.

I think the AD is simply giving Gundy a reason to bolt and then
he can seek out somebody that can coach and recruit. But, the
AD knows and understands he can't fire Gundy.

Most of what the AD said was complimentary of Gundy, but the underlying message was, "he's a good coach but he can't get us the talent to take us to the next level."

We can all just wait till the end of the year and see what Boone says. He's calling all the shots there.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the AD trying to do?

There has to be some motive.

Maybe, just maybe he's trying to piss Gundy off and Gundy will
quit at the end of the year. (Take another job)

The AD is not going to fire the guy that has made them good.
If for no other reason, they will dip the next year, and the AD
will have to shoulder the blame.

The consensus of this thread and the other one, is a subtle one.
Okie State has gone as far as they can go under Gundy.

He ain't gonna get them to the next level. He has to be able
to win half of his games vs OU. He's nowhere near that.
He gets nailed in recruiting because OU gets any Oklahoma HS
player that they want. Now, they probably get more good kids
from Arkansas and Texas than Oklahoma, but they do get all
the good Oklahoma kids. OSU gets the Oklahoma left overs.

Plus, Okie St doesn't exactly schedule overly tough, OOC games.
You've got to be able to prove that you can play with the best and
beat them, to improve recruiting. That would help offset the
annual beating from Oklahoma.

I think the AD is simply giving Gundy a reason to bolt and then
he can seek out somebody that can coach and recruit. But, the
AD knows and understands he can't fire Gundy.

Most of what the AD said was complimentary of Gundy, but the underlying message was, "he's a good coach but he can't get us the talent to take us to the next level."

We can all just wait till the end of the year and see what Boone says. He's calling all the shots there.

Gundy probably called the AD up and said "lets get some free publicity" and I can talk about recruiting if you'll do this. We will just suck everyone in with it.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gundy and Holder have been frenemies for a while now. Sometimes it blows up publicly which is embarrassing. It's the summer so people pay attention more but it's kind of what we do.

I will say as a fan Holder had a point. Gundy played the Tennessee thing to get more cash for his recruiting budget. The squat fans like to downplay our recruiting prowess but prior to the rise of r*pe state and the SI article we were getting close. Those events plus TCU getting a seat at the P5 table and the invasion of the Big 10 and Pac 12 in Texas have hurt. Based on Gundys comments after the Tennessee thing we expected to return to our early 00's status in Texas and Louisiana where we beat our other P5 programs for decent 3* talent and pick up 2-3 4* kids. We aren't expecting top 5 class talent but for a team that wins 10 games per year, is innovative on offense and has early playing time as an incentive on defense a top 25 class isn't unreasonable.

Yet this class has a 4* who grew up as a fan and a bunch of kids with offers from San Angelo State. There are alot of Ivy and Academy offers in our class so we are going after brains. But they don't have offers from the likes of Texas Tech or Arizona so it's not like we are competing with mid level P5 schools for kids, much less the Michigan's or Florida's of the world. I don't want to turn away a kid the coaches like in the summer but when he is a NA on 247 with offers from Brown and Austin Pea you are a bit concerned.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s still pretty early in the recruiting cycle @Cowboyinexile

At least that’s hat I keep telling myself about our class.