• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Jarvis Landry Trade

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he finally agreed to sign the franchise tag rather than hold out longer as it seemed he would - tells me he knew it was in his best interest to do that if he wanted out of Miami ASAP.

I am glad he is gone. Dont get me wrong, I am thankful for what he has done for the organization on and off the field - but he was clearly having an issue controlling his emotions during adverse situations and it was hurting the team.

We all love productive players at any position, but when they become trouble -- its time to move on.

The fact that out of all teams that were rumored to be interested or tied into trade talks with the Fins, I am glad that the Dolphins went ahead and took the deal they had with the Browns. A guy who has become a diva/distraction as he has, deserve a very humbling reality check like going to the Browns who continues to be a team that just cant get anything going. At least with the Dolphins he was with an organization that had a vision and it was just a matter of things falling into place.

The Dolphins got good return in exchange for him when it comes to the immediate future and beyond.

Now that this distraction is taken care of, the organization can continue to rebuild the roster in the direction they want. This is great timing on the move because it gives the team time to find quality replacements.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually somewhere in the middle regarding shipping shipping Landry out - I personally don't believe he would have made much of a difference had he been here nor do I believe Miami will win more than 6 games as it is. THAT being said, I think the return they got from Landry is nothing short of ridiculous. Tannenbaum basically got FLEECED (2 separate occasions) by Philadelphia. I didn't really care for the trade for Quinn although it might turn out to be a decent trade IF the guy stays healthy. Needless to say, when you get fleeced by CLEVELAND - no offense to Browns' fans - how much worse can it really get? A 4th & a Seventh for a 3 time pro bowler that JUST turned 25???!!! Absolutely pathetic, in my humble opinion. At least Jarvis will be in the playoffs next season, which is substantially more than he might have ever seen in Miami. Or at least until Tannenbaum is fired....jus sayin

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins got good return in exchange for him when it comes to the immediate future and beyond.

A fourth round pick and seventh round pick for a top 5 receiver in the few past years is not a good return. The mg't really sucks when it comes to trades. Another sub .500 season on the horizon.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just the trade value it's getting the cash back. 16 M isn't chump change and if they let him go they would have had to sit out of FA or lose their 3rd basically 4th round compensatory pick. At least they got something and can move on besides they have some young talent at WR that will now have a chance to shine similar to Drake. Sure I would have liked a 3rd but this isn't too far off it's just not realistic in todays NFL this is what happens normally.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Landry well in Cleveland. I have enjoyed watching him play but it would have been too expensive to keep him. It's time for other WRs to step up and make plays.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is he butthurt, he went to a better team

C42.gif

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are u laughing at? what have the dolphins done?

You mean other than win more games last season with backup QB’s than the Browns have in the last three fucking seasons COMBINED?

Yeah, the Browns have improved their roster, but they also haven’t won a game since 2016.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean other than win more games last season with backup QB’s than the Browns have in the last three fucking seasons COMBINED?

Yeah, the Browns have improved their roster, but they also haven’t won a game since 2016.
ill take the browns

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and sorry thought this was in nfl general not the dolphins board, my bad, took back my bs rating

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is he butthurt, he went to a better team
He set nfl receiving records in Miami but Cleveland QB's over that time would have given him better records? Are you kidding me? This with Tanny out all of last season and the last few games of the season before. I knew that he was immature but wow his ego definitely took a stroke.

If you honestly believe that Cleveland is a better team than the Fins then you better study more than your division. Fins made the playoffs season before in spite of losing their qb while Cleveland struggles to win a game yet you think they've been better? What kind of juice you on?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He set nfl receiving records in Miami but Cleveland QB's over that time would have given him better records? Are you kidding me? This with Tanny out all of last season and the last few games of the season before. I knew that he was immature but wow his ego definitely took a stroke.

If you honestly believe that Cleveland is a better team than the Fins then you better study more than your division. Fins made the playoffs season before in spite of losing their qb while Cleveland struggles to win a game yet you think they've been better? What kind of juice you on?
Lmao

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as you can see by the thread on the main baord im not insane

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as you can see by the thread on the main baord im not insane
You made a point that Landry would have been better in Cleveland not in 1,2 or more years from now but in the past. Even if you meant in the future a poll on any board is law? You need to stay off the drugs. Let's see if Landry comes even close to his average stats from his days in Miami and that's even with one year of J f'in cutler...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made a point that Landry would have been better in Cleveland not in 1,2 or more years from now but in the past. Even if you meant in the future a poll on any board is law? You need to stay off the drugs. Let's see if Landry comes even close to his average stats from his days in Miami and that's even with one year of J f'in cutler...
my point is cleveland is a comparable team to miami.........i could care less what his stats are, i expect regression from the mean