• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Brownell

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wonder what the opinion of da Hoop Tigers is on Brownell.

Personally I think he's a decent coach, but I feel we could do better. IMO he's the Tommy Bowden of basketball coaches....always "one play away" and after nine years with only two NCAA bids it's time to move on. People complain that we are a football first school and never did much in basketball but at this point in his tenure the only coaches with similar NCAA appearances are Shyatt and Bill Foster, and Foster coached us when the NCAA field was just 32.

I've been to a couple IPTAY Prowl and Growl meetings......Brownell is the exact opposite of Dabo. Dabo exudes confidence.....Brownell seems to exude excuses.

Next year is going to be a struggle regardless of who is on the bench...after 9 years I'm ready to give someone new a shot.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I have been saying the same you are, Brownell is the equivalent of Bowden. I'm sure he's a good guy and he is a decent coach, but we aren't going anywhere with him at the helm. It's time to send him down the road.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said this a few years ago but they extended his contract and gave up on Clemson trying much in basketball. I’m a basketball fan but we’re just a football school. At least the basketball team is not bottom of the barrel, as heartbreaken the games could be, they keep it interesting and fun to go to and pull an upset every once in a while