• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

this years cap

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How'does it'effect the skins for the next 2 years allen needs to explain that better and if it does that's like a 4 year punishment

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How'does it'effect the skins for the next 2 years allen needs to explain that better and if it does that's like a 4 year punishment

It affects us the next two years because we will need to rework a few players right now that we probably would not have needed to without the cap sanctions. Without the cap penalty, we wouldnt have lost Alexander, likely would not have needed to rework a few of the guys we did this year. Also wouldnt be looking at doing two to three more reworks in the next few weeks. Basically we are going to have to push money into the next two years.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does this mean'for next year less cap money to spend because we have to restructer this year push the money towards next year

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well'i guess there could be'surpise cuts I say wilson'carricker maybe moss gone

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutting Moss or Wilson would be a mistake and hurt team depth on both sides of the ball.

Carriker maybe.. but I think they sooner place him on the PUP list.

More likely they try and Extend RAK. We are tight, but its not like we need to clear a whole lot of space.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does this mean'for next year less cap money to spend because we have to restructer this year push the money towards next year

Means we will likely push 2-4 million into next years cap via signing bonus. So our projected cap space will drop down From a projected $31 million to a rotten $27 million.

We wont be able to survive. :L

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI... Just repushed the numbers, and even with the 53 man roster that I expect, the practice squad and all the guys either on IR or PUP, we should still be about $2 million under the cap. So technically we should be ok without dipping into next year. But we might rework or cut some one just to give ourselves a little more breathing room, which an space left over would carry into next year. So as it sits right now we should have around $31 million in cap space in 2014 not including any carry over from this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont see wilson getting cut . they will move him to the slot and let hall and amerson work outside

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to you guys who keep up with the cap/$$ and know what it all means.

I am hoping that eventually this team gets back on track in the next few years and are in a situation like some of the other loaded teams that have some significant space. I think we are on the right track, just need to continue drafting well, sign good FAs at an affordable price, trim some fat, and restructure the ones that we need to keep.

I think this team will be a force in 2 or 3 more years. In Allen I Trust.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to you guys who keep up with the cap/$$ and know what it all means.

I am hoping that eventually this team gets back on track in the next few years and are in a situation like some of the other loaded teams that have some significant space. I think we are on the right track, just need to continue drafting well, sign good FAs at an affordable price, trim some fat, and restructure the ones that we need to keep.

I think this team will be a force in 2 or 3 more years. In Allen I Trust.

my philosophy is sign guys to reasonable contracts, avoid anyone over 28 , fill holes with smart sold guys, and build through the draft

after that if you can get a guy to push you over the top then you have cash to make a move

avoid big name guys who eat up cap space and often disappoint

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part we have fixed our cap issues. Come March next year we wont be forced to rework, extend or cut guys just to get under the cap. this is a positive direction for the team. Add in that we have likely solved our two biggest issues (QB and RB) and that puts us ahead of the game. Not really worried about the cap this year as we have basically solved our long term cap problems unlike some other teams in the division. We dont have the room to make a big splashy this year, but we dont need to.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part we have fixed our cap issues. Come March next year we wont be forced to rework, extend or cut guys just to get under the cap. this is a positive direction for the team. Add in that we have likely solved our two biggest issues (QB and RB) and that puts us ahead of the game. Not really worried about the cap this year as we have basically solved our long term cap problems unlike some other teams in the division. We dont have the room to make a big splashy this year, but we dont need to.

we still need to keep the philosophy though , sign young , solid guys to reasonable contracts . keep our guys like Rak , and remember RG3 and morris will need to be extended.

i dont think we will have an issue but lets not get into one