• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This will go over well

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didn’t start the chant.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd or 3rd time this has happened... 1st time was at a concert he went up on stage for. Fans are doing it, not him.

I'm sure we'll get some backhanded remarks from over in Oakland.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b
2nd or 3rd time this has happened... 1st time was at a concert he went up on stage for. Fans are doing it, not him.

I'm sure we'll get some backhanded remarks from over in Oakland.
bad thing is i think juju is in for it a bit this season. Hes talented, really talented. But Is he gonna Improve or match last years numbers. People think with AB gone he will step up and be even better, maybe he will. But i see him taking it down a good notch from last year, because of getting all the attention now. He may be more valuable, but have lesser stats, and thats gonna open him up to a ton of criticism

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b

bad thing is i think juju is in for it a bit this season. Hes talented, really talented. But Is he gonna Improve or match last years numbers. People think with AB gone he will step up and be even better, maybe he will. But i see him taking it down a good notch from last year, because of getting all the attention now. He may be more valuable, but have lesser stats, and thats gonna open him up to a ton of criticism

Run the OFC, throw it to the open player.

If they do that, Juju will end up another 140-150 targets this season...he'll be fine.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt Juju will see more attention in coverage with AB gone, but the key again is running the OFC and not forcing the ball. It's up to Randy and Ben to move the ball around and force the DEF to defend the entire field. As long as the other player make plays when the ball comes their way, Juju will be okay.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if JuJu draws all the attention and gets the double coverage, it opens the door for someone else to beat opponents.
Just as it did for JuJu when AB was getting all the coverage...Juju had a career year. The attention will shift when someone else on the field garners the attention. The thing to remember for JuJu is its the team, it's not the me me me shit. Exactly where Brown failed, he had to be the center of attention. And when he wasn't, this is what happens.
If JuJu is getting all the coverage, it leaves someone on the field there to burn the D. So if JuJu only gets half the stats but the Steelers destroy teams elsewhere, JuJu needs remember he was a big part of that. He took the attention off someone to get that completion, that touchdown, that win, and so on......

As far as getting criticism from outside, who cares. When was the last time a reporter actually looked at the big picture???? The are after only what causes the most turmoil. Because bullshit sells, so you can either flush it and forget about it, our leave it linger and see how long you tolerate the stink. Believe what you see, not what demented image the press paints for you.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if JuJu draws all the attention and gets the double coverage, it opens the door for someone else to beat opponents.
Just as it did for JuJu when AB was getting all the coverage...Juju had a career year. The attention will shift when someone else on the field garners the attention. The thing to remember for JuJu is its the team, it's not the me me me shit. Exactly where Brown failed, he had to be the center of attention. And when he wasn't, this is what happens.
If JuJu is getting all the coverage, it leaves someone on the field there to burn the D. So if JuJu only gets half the stats but the Steelers destroy teams elsewhere, JuJu needs remember he was a big part of that. He took the attention off someone to get that completion, that touchdown, that win, and so on......

As far as getting criticism from outside, who cares. When was the last time a reporter actually looked at the big picture???? The are after only what causes the most turmoil. Because bullshit sells, so you can either flush it and forget about it, our leave it linger and see how long you tolerate the stink. Believe what you see, not what demented image the press paints for you.
Yup. AB didn't allow for that. He demanded the ball, double or triple coverage be damned.

And Ben tossed too many interceptions because of it.

A healthier team-first attitude where Ben is only concerned about feeding the team, not an individual player will make this a more stable offense, overall.

Best outcomes, not ensuring one player gets at least 5 receptions (to keep a streak going) and 100 yards to keep him from having a shitfit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthier team-first attitude where Ben is only concerned about feeding the team, not an individual player will make this a more stable offense, overall.

Best outcomes, not ensuring one player gets at least 5 receptions (to keep a streak going) and 100 yards to keep him from having a shitfit.

Bingo!!!

I'll be the 1st to admit that I marveled over AB's accomplishments, but have long felt, Haley/Ben paid too much attention to the WR1/2 role while other targets that could possibly make plays were limited to maybe 2 or 3 targets a game if that much.

The PATS have shown time and time again...run the offense, hit the open player and your OFC is harder to defend vs 1 or 2 guys with huge stats and everybody else getting a handful of targets for the season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo!!!

I'll be the 1st to admit that I marveled over AB's accomplishments, but have long felt, Haley/Ben paid too much attention to the WR1/2 role while other targets that could possibly make plays were limited to maybe 2 or 3 targets a game if that much.

The PATS have shown time and time again...run the offense, hit the open player and your OFC is harder to defend vs 1 or 2 guys with huge stats and everybody else getting a handful of targets for the season.
I can attest to this. You have been mentioning “spreading the ball around more” or getting Ben’s 3rd/4th/5th progression guys more involved for a long time. And I have always agreed with it. Definitely felt like Ben had typically been relying on only 60-70% of the offense instead of using all of it. It worked ok and they looked flashy at times, but it was the star power doing the heavy lifting.

I really hope taking the pressure off feeding 1-2 guys will help Ben work through his progressions better and just take what the D gives him instead of forcing into tight windows of double or triple coverage. Would also help if Fichtner wasn’t dialing up 50+ passes per game. A fully stocked stable of RBs should really help in that area.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can attest to this. You have been mentioning “spreading the ball around more” or getting Ben’s 3rd/4th/5th progression guys more involved for a long time. And I have always agreed with it. Definitely felt like Ben had typically been relying on only 60-70% of the offense instead of using all of it. It worked ok and they looked flashy at times, but it was the star power doing the heavy lifting.

I really hope taking the pressure off feeding 1-2 guys will help Ben work through his progressions better and just take what the D gives him instead of forcing into tight windows of double or triple coverage. Would also help if Fichtner wasn’t dialing up 50+ passes per game. A fully stocked stable of RBs should really help in that area.

I feel like they should know they need better balance on OFC. I suppose with Connor being the only proven RB last year, once he went down, they just decided Ben's arm was the best route to go. From weeks 12 thru 17...They lost @ DEN with 452 yd passing....the only win aside from CIN in week 17, was NE and they got 158 yds running in that one.

Now without the two best OFC stars, it just makes sense to spread the ball around more and keep the DEF off balance. Without a-holes pouting and whining because they didn't get 15 targets should allow Randy to call a football game instead of trying to appease 1 or 2 players.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like they should know they need better balance on OFC. I suppose with Connor being the only proven RB last year, once he went down, they just decided Ben's arm was the best route to go. From weeks 12 thru 17...They lost @ DEN with 452 yd passing....the only win aside from CIN in week 17, was NE and they got 158 yds running in that one.

Now without the two best OFC stars, it just makes sense to spread the ball around more and keep the DEF off balance. Without a-holes pouting and whining because they didn't get 15 targets should allow Randy to call a football game instead of trying to appease 1 or 2 players.
Yep. I think I remember a quote from McDonald at OTAs saying they are installing a lot of new looks to the offense to get more people involved. Don’t remember exactly what he said or if it was him, but that was what I took from it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think perhaps I was taken a bit wrong. Im all for spread it around more, or that JuJu taken up some coverage allows others to be open. I know JuJu is a team guy, and is developing still. He is a very very good receiver.

I think what I was trying to say was he is going to be unfairly compared to AB no matter what. Hes going to be compared to AB when he was on the steelers, and what AB does this season. The media chatter will likely be immense. Yes, i know, who cares. But, JuJu has shown with the fumble hes a sensitive guy. Im afraid the chatter gets to him, heck it woud be hard not too no matter who you are. But, hopefully, he puts up the numbers and shuts everyone up, regardless, I think we are better off.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well compare Hines Ward to Brown........
Oh wait Hines is the better WR in Pittsburgh, my bad. Also Hines helped bring home 2 Super Bowls to Pittsburgh.
No comparison, JuJu is a team guy, Brown is not.
Juju is on a team looking to make an impact as a team, this is a team sport. As to where Brown is going to struggle for the simple fact Oakland will struggle and those struggles will frustrate Mr me me me.
Anyone, with the exception of fucktard madden, in Pittsburgh will appreciate what JuJu does for his team, and this team is set up to go far this season IMO. Anyone outside of Pittsburgh, criticize all you want, who cares....haters gonna hate.
Only reason last year we compared Conner to bell it's because we were all pretty damn sick of hearing how we needed bell, and we didn't. Juju and brown, two different animals at a different position, but the winds and losses will be the story of how much better Brown IS NOT.