• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This weeks moves

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears released RB Drauhn, TE Mulligan and WR Chris Williams to reshape the roster for the injuries.

Isiah Frey and WR Rashad Ross were promoted.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears lineup moves as much as the network programming, lol.

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get dropping Mulligan. So on 3rd and 1 from the 1 we've got Bennett and Rosario at TE? Or do we move the newly signed Fiametta to TE?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emery, the man that doesn't sleep, the legend... More moves than Michael Jackson (while alive)...

Biggix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get dropping Mulligan. So on 3rd and 1 from the 1 we've got Bennett and Rosario at TE? Or do we move the newly signed Fiametta to TE?

I think they would use OL Brittin

yutch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draughn I get--I like him a lot, but RB3 is an easy cut when you need space--but Williams for Ross seems like a push on paper. I wonder if that says anything about our WRs (maybe we have extra incentive to have a guy on the roster who's not nursing a hamstring injury), or if something with Williams just wasn't clicking.

And yeah, Britton's our extra TE. I like Mulligan more than I thought I would when we signed him, but he was just warming a seat.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They cut Kelvin Haydon last saturday, that went under the radar after resigning him. So some of these moves dont even make it to game day.

We all questioned Williams after losing Wilson, I guess he didnt show enough to get open when he did play sunday, but we all know with Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett and Forte on the field, its rare that fifth guy will get any looks. Ross is probably more active on special teams.

I just thought Williams had a chance to be a kick returner, and Perry really doesnt look like any kind of threat back there. But when you only get to return one kick its too easy to take that guy out of the game anyway.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your 3rd RB blows on ST as much as ours did on Sunday night, you should expect him to be released.

Now all thats left is to get rid of Perry as our KR. Dude just don't have it. Neither the moves of a guy like hester, nor the flat out speed needed without those moves like a azumah/Can't get right.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I would rather see Michael Ford back on the squad as the number 3 RB than Perry. He showed more as a return guy in his limited opportunities and he has a lot more reps in the offense. Regarding Chris Williams... they must just like this Ross kid more... simple as that.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would guess. Now that we have Trestman, I think he's made provisions for an H-back formation (at least I saw Bennett line up there a couple of times last week). I would think in a jam, Fiametta would be good there.

When your 3rd RB blows on ST as much as ours did on Sunday night, you should expect him to be released.

Now all thats left is to get rid of Perry as our KR. Dude just don't have it. Neither the moves of a guy like hester, nor the flat out speed needed without those moves like a azumah/Can't get right.

The only thing I saw Shawn Draughn doing last game was making penalties at inopportune times. I was disappointed because I thought he was a better player than that.

Thank you for bringing up Jerry Azumah.....that dude was a beast.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess. Now that we have Trestman, I think he's made provisions for an H-back formation (at least I saw Bennett line up there a couple of times last week). I would think in a jam, Fiametta would be good there.

The only thing I saw Shawn Draughn doing last game was making penalties at inopportune times. I was disappointed because I thought he was a better player than that.

Thank you for bringing up Jerry Azumah.....that dude was a beast.

Like someone else said, Britton is the other TE in whatever version of a jumbo package we're gonna run.

And zoom? yeah, he was a good returner who could actually contribute in another phase of the game. Although I think if he was given equal opportunity, Danielle Manning would have turned out even better than him. Then again, that could speak to how well the bears blocked in all phases of the kicking game too.

Remember the days when we didn't suck on ST?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Bears @ChicagoBears

#Bears have signed TE Blake Annen, CB Jordan Sullen & WR Chris Williams to practice squad; still have 1 spot open on active roster