• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This team

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit before the season started I was very concerned about what direction the Flyers were going. This team has swagger, attitude, chemistry to kick everyone's ass in this league. I'm in just awe. Hell Simmonds had a great goal and beat the piss out of Clarkson. I love this team.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the subtle, and sometimes not subtle physical play. People bounce off of Jagr and Voracek. Simmons is a wrecking ball. Both of the "kids" Read and Courtier look like they belong.

The PP is a bit of a sore point, but the season is new and everything else looks good.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PP has not stood out like it did Thursday, but loving our game much more tonight

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They are coming together way...faster...its interesting...lonnnnnnnnnnnnng season...BUT no reason not to feel...four play happy...lol

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note. Breezy records a shutout in his second game as a Flyer. We couldn't buy a shutout last season. Simmonds, couturier, Read, Voracek look very good.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is this years team is more well rounded than last years plus they look hungry. How many times did you see number 17 skating at full tilt and crashing the net last season? Ya I know stupid question. ; ) Just as long as Simmonds continues to play like that in the playoffs he'll be 100 times better than Carts ever was in them....total win for Philly. Got a rod watching Simmonds punch the shit out of clarkson...especially since he asked for it! : )

The only question is what's happening with Schenn? Where will he fit in? I guess that's a good problem to have.

I actually like the 4th line Nodl fits in a lot better in that spot they control the puck well even if they don't score they chew up minutes. Talbot has been quietly very good doing all of the little things.

If it wasn't for Marty tonight they would have pumped in 6-7....IMO this team will get better as the season progresses I'm pumped!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The power play technically went 0-8 last night, but the Simmonds goal came after a power play had just expired. Regardless, this power play is a lot better than 0-8 last night and 1-12 on the season. You can tell this just by the way they move the puck and control it. The goals will start to come in droves with the man advantage, it's just a matter of time. The unit of Giroux, Jagr, Simmonds, Pronger and Meszaros is going to dominate with that net presence, bombs from the point and Giroux dishing Jagr potential one timers to the right wing. The second unit isn't too shabby either with Briere around the cage, Voracek controlling the puck and Timonen running the power play.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the PP, in the first period they had a PP that controlled the puck in the Devils zone for over a minute, had a couple shots. The Simmons goal was one of those "not on the PP, PP goals". It was the result of having PP control time.

I do start to wonder...where does Shenn fit in? He belongs, no question, but who goes. Shelley can't skate with this team and frankly should be waived. Rinaldo could sit to make room for Shenn, but do you really play Shenn on the 4th line?
What a fun problem.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, there is absolutely no room for Shelley on this team, especially with the emergence and/or strong play of guys like Read, Schenn, Couturier, Rinaldo and even Nodl. We already have some guys who will drop the gloves if need be (as shown by Simmonds) and Rinaldo can probably be a smaller, faster, peskier and more importantly cheaper version of Shelley. The guy only played 5 minutes per game at best anyway. I've been saying this ever since I saw that. The guy is simply a waste of a roster spot, especially at the price we're paying him. And obviously he gets benched come playoff time.

And yes, our power play has been able to gain the zone and possess the puck for the most part. We just appeared to be getting too fancy I think. Just one-time it from the point via Pronger or Meszaros with traffic (Simmonds) in front and go from there. Simmonds has already proven to be much more capable in that spot than anyone we've had in years. Might as well use him.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning Tox,hope ya had a great weekend bro!
smoker.gif

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks BBN. As a matter of fact...I did. lol How was yours?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I think we all did. :)

lol, I think I may know one Devils poster in particular here on SportsHoopla that didn't share your enthusiasm.

:tongue: